Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Suspension related question: Flow Chart?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Weird

United States 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black
Suspension related question: Flow Chart?

Suspension Question:
Good morning, I’m the relatively new owner of a fairly clean 2008 L322 4.4 Lux with 130k on the clock. This is my 1st so I’m taking my time with baselining some deferred maintenance. I purchased a subscription to Alldata and I have a GAP IID Tool. I’m having a little issue setting the suspension values that also may have reviled a weak link. Does anyone have have a good working knowledge of the suspension? When I attempt to calibrate the suspension heights the first puzzling item is that the on screen values dont change in the GAP app even though I can momentarily get the height to spec. I can move from wheel to wheel get the suspension where it should be then get in the rover press the ESS button as per instructions. When I get out and remeasure it doesnt appear that all new values were memorized. So, throughout this process with multiple attempts I got the CEL for vehicle slow to rise and the compressor being warm. I stopped, removed the spare and the compressor cover, to let it cool for a good while. Now days later when I attempt to raise the vehicle I get the slow to raise message on the dash. I did raise the Rover to offroad height, disconnect the battery and left it for a few days the to see if I had any leaks; it stayed where it was as per measures.
So, I’m a little at a loss. I’d really like to see a suspension flow chart to methodically check components and verify function. What say you? Thanks. 08 l322 4.4 HSE Black/Jet.

Post #659296 14th Mar 2023 12:20pm
JCW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Sumatra Black

From the symptoms it sounds like the compressor is past its best (esp. if it’s the original from 2008) and either needs the piston & seal rebuilding or replacing. Jonathan

2007 Defender 90 XS Hardtop

Post #659297 14th Mar 2023 12:22pm
Weird

United States 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

Honestly thats at least a tangible answer. I could live with that. Completely out of curiosity It does pose a question though. Why would I be able to get the suspension initially set at the correct height via tape measure but then have it not “take” if the compressor was the sole cause? 08 l322 4.4 HSE Black/Jet.

Post #659299 14th Mar 2023 12:38pm
JCW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Sumatra Black

May be related but separate issues - if the compressor is weak, probably worth sorting that first then move onto the height calibration with a known good compressor. Jonathan

2007 Defender 90 XS Hardtop

Post #659301 14th Mar 2023 12:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1