Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Finance, Insurance & Warranties > Warranty - Who uses what?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Kot

United Kingdom 

I am happy with the JLR extended warranty, so far in the past 2Y, it has more than payed for itself.
The last was an epic Rolling with laughter

So the final fix was they replaced TCU module, but this is with JLR Engineering, Extended warranty people, Incontrol people and dealer techs all mixing the pot --it took 3 weeks Whistle

Dealer techs had their hands tied, they had to follow Engineerings instructions to the letter even though we all thought it was the TCU from the start. I guess they were all worried whose budget the costs would come out from!
The bill was several thousand pounds just for labour plus the cost of TCU and 3 weeks hire car so glad I renewed the warranty Thumbs Up
The girl on the desk showed me the work file and it was 50mm thick A4 sheets!

Then we have the ticking time bomb of Sunroof drains etc and who knows where the catastrophic knuckle issue will take us?
She is now a 5Y old girl, and how long before the air compressor goes and the bags start leaking? etc 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #669481 20th Jul 2023 1:47pm
Baltic Blue

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Baltic Blue

I took the same gamble as Pete (Haylands) seven years ago on my L322 mainly because I didn’t want to pay MD service charges to do oil and filter changes that I am perfectly competent to do myself , but we’re extra to the annual £1600 charge for warranty cover.
The only job I have paid for was getting the oil cooler gaskets changed by a local independent, so I am definitely several thousand £ in credit. Of course things like airbags are bound to fail eventually on a 12 year old car, but the savings are in my bank ready, rather than MD pockets.

PS
I do pay £32/year for Green flag to bring it home as a “peace of mind” factor., but have never needed their service so no idea how good they are.
Mike. G reg 2.5VM Vogue Portofino red 1991- 1999
V reg 2.5td P38 Rioja red 1999- 2006
53 reg td6 Vogue Oslo blue 2006- 2015
11 reg 4.4 TdV8 Vogue SE. Baltic blue 2015- date.
https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic56162...tty+affair

Post #669485 20th Jul 2023 3:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123