Home > Technical (L322) > air suspension ecu
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
will308f

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Orkney Grey
air suspension ecu

hi all
well it’s looking like my ecu control module is faulty so will need to replace (used one) can anyone tell me if it needs to be programmed to my car or is it a straight swopp ?.
many thanks will 2008 3.6 tdv8 range rover Vogue Stornoway grey - Parchment Leather

Post #675864 19th Oct 2023 9:44am
GraemeS

Australia 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Bournville

What leads you to consider that the ecu is faulty? It's probably the most reliable part of the air suspension system.

Post #675865 19th Oct 2023 9:55am
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

Unless it's suffered water ingress? it will require height calibration as a minimum - possibly coding if the VIN from the donor vehicle is coded into it (it should be but can be a bit hit & miss as to whether it was done at build, the same goes for TPMS modules).

As above though, unless it's been properly diagnosed as defective, the cause for whatever suspension problem you have probably lies elsewhere.

Post #675873 19th Oct 2023 11:33am
GraemeS

I know of a still-faulty chassis module in a 9-month old Defender that has been faulty since new, although the fault is with the CVD not the ride height function of the module. LR tried to swap with one from a brand new vehicle but couldn't reprogram the borrowed module as new so that it would be accepted in the other vehicle. It solved the issue but created other issues so was removed.

Post #675878 19th Oct 2023 11:44am
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

It can be done with engineering access but JLR won't give out the codes for donor module substitution, there's a pretty good FOSS code generator written in Python, but it uses a command line interface so most dealer staff wouldn't have a clue....

Post #675884 19th Oct 2023 12:14pm
GraemeS

The AU JLR technical people were in discussion with UK support for 3 days but still couldn't reset the module. LR offerred to replace the vehicle with a new one but the owner had invested quite a lot in accessories. The vehicle will be parked until a new module becomes available upon his return from his desert trip on non-softening CVDs.

Post #675886 19th Oct 2023 12:25pm
will308f

hi all
the problem started when i went to calibrate the suspension after replacing a front height sensor and a rear sensor a few months ago but couldn't till last week when i got gap tool .the error codes im getting is
C1A00-54(AF) .when i go to guided calibration i get an error e1 or e0 I'm in touch with gap themselves and after several emails and trying thing out as asked by them still nothing ,i can raise/lower as normally but that's it and i sometimes get suspension fault when i drive and sometimes not .........so it seems everything points to the ecu ..any idea's I'm more than happy to be proved wrong and its all just something silly I've done due to my lack of range rover knowledge/experience.

will 2008 3.6 tdv8 range rover Vogue Stornoway grey - Parchment Leather

Post #675887 19th Oct 2023 1:07pm
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

That DTC suggests it's still in tight tolerance mode, I don't use IID but those E1 & E0 codes usually seem to mean the inputted measurements are out of valid range.
If the calibration routine has failed, then the process won't have returned the suspension to customer mode.
You need to be very accurate with the measurements, I'd suggest bonding a 2 or 3mm stud into dead centre an old wheel centre cap and use that to measure from on each wheel and measuring on as flat & level a surface as you can find.

Post #675889 19th Oct 2023 2:58pm
will308f

yea have tried several times on the flat to calibrate but when i open up guided calibrate it just comes up with error e1 or e0 ..............i have also clicked on normal tolerance's and comes back with operation complete or active (cant remember which now) .i will keep trying tho 2008 3.6 tdv8 range rover Vogue Stornoway grey - Parchment Leather

Post #675891 19th Oct 2023 3:19pm
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

All I'll add is that the only time I've seen that specific DTC is when calibration has failed and the suspension is left in tight tolerance or an inconsistent state, I've never had that happen with Autologic or SDD. Have you tried a battery disconnect to let everything 'calm down'? Also make sure you have the engine running for a good few minutes before calibration to ensure battery voltage is stable and high enough.

Post #675895 19th Oct 2023 3:56pm
will308f

yes that was my thinking ...ecu has got it self confused i will keep trying if not than it maybe a ecu swop as i cant driving it this way dont know what else i can do 2008 3.6 tdv8 range rover Vogue Stornoway grey - Parchment Leather

Post #675914 19th Oct 2023 7:25pm
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

TBH, it'd probably be best to book it into an indie with Autologic / SDD or a dealer and get them to do a suspension height calibration - it'll work out cost effective in the end.

Post #675920 19th Oct 2023 7:44pm
will308f

that may have to happen. Think i will drop gap an email and ask if they can do anything ?...dont ask you never know but ill keep trying at the mo 2008 3.6 tdv8 range rover Vogue Stornoway grey - Parchment Leather

Post #675951 20th Oct 2023 10:29am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1