Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > Snag list
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
RDR

United Kingdom 
Snag list

Creating a list of concerns for when it goes in for roof bar fitting, not the worst I have had with Land Rover products…

Fuel flap & charge flap poorly aligned.

Charge flap wobbly to touch when closed.

Rear spoiler creaks to gentle handling on drivers side

Internal upper tailgate valence poorly fitted creates unacceptable rattle on certain road conditions. Loose to touch where gaffer taped.

Sunroof wind deflector internal valence loose/not fitted properly on delivery generating rattle. Removed and refitted by me, please check it’s in order.

Bonnet pull feels very weak/insecure to pull.

Wireless charging overheats iPhone 12 Pro. No other cars of mine does this.

Haptic feedback doesn’t work on CarPlay screens, please confirm if it’s as designed. MY23 PHEV HSE
MY19 Disco 5 HSE - gone
My16 Disco 4 HSE LUXURY - gone
My12 Disco 4 HSE - gone
MY05 Disco 3 S - gone but not forgotten

Post #661429 9th Apr 2023 2:10pm
West London FFRR

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover HSE 2.0 PHEV Corris Grey

Well, my P440e HSE arrived on Thursday (Eiger over Caraway).

It looks amazing.

But the satnav screen intermittently goes blank; there's a bizarre, occasional sound of rushing water or compressed air running through the centre of the cabin (but completely impossible to locate with any precision); the outer charging cover feels flimsy and liable to break off; the inner cover over the charging socket is difficult to secure without it immediately flicking open; and my iPhone heats up alarmingly on the charging pad.

So back to the dealer it will go tomorrow, after two (working) days of ownership ...

Anyone experienced any of these symptoms?

Post #661578 11th Apr 2023 10:59am
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

I see little changes, pay £150,000 and they still expect you to do the PDI... Rolling Eyes Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #661586 11th Apr 2023 11:52am
d3rm0

2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Indus Silver

Fuel flap/Charging cover flap is a known issue, I suspect there is nothing that can be done about it currently. My iPhone gets warm when charging. I have not seen the screen issue or heard the "air" sound which must be frustrating, good luck

Post #661590 11th Apr 2023 1:26pm
RDR

United Kingdom 

@West London I have all those bar the rushing sound. Noticed another issue today the rear number plates cracked around the fastener it’s clearly been over tightened.

Car is good, it’s just a shame Land Rover can’t seem to get on top of the details for such a product. MY23 PHEV HSE
MY19 Disco 5 HSE - gone
My12 Disco 4 HSE - gone

Post #661597 11th Apr 2023 1:57pm
West London FFRR

d3rm0 wrote:
Fuel flap/Charging cover flap is a known issue, I suspect there is nothing that can be done about it currently. My iPhone gets warm when charging. I have not seen the screen issue or heard the "air" sound which must be frustrating, good luck

Thank you! Let's see how quickly the dealer fixes all this

Post #661636 11th Apr 2023 10:24pm
West London FFRR

RDR wrote:
@West London I have all those bar the rushing sound. Noticed another issue today the rear number plates cracked around the fastener it’s clearly been over tightened.

Car is good, it’s just a shame Land Rover can’t seem to get on top of the details for such a product.

Thanks @RDR. I should have added the dealer's already told me the number plates need replacing (for unspecified reasons) .... so I'm afraid I have that one too!

A nice engineer from Land Rover Assistance (aka the AA) told me at the weekend that he's come across the sound of rushing air before in the L460 cabin, as recently as a fortnight ago. Naturally enough, he couldn't pinpoint or fix the issue, which was left to the dealer to resolve. Goodness knows how that worked out ...

Post #661637 11th Apr 2023 10:28pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Come on JLR... This shouldn't be down to the end user to fault find for you... Banging Head Banging Head Banging Head

Post #661647 12th Apr 2023 1:29am
dc44back

United Kingdom 

Had my P530 for a week and known issues so far:

1. Cabin lighting - blue doesn’t work. It goes from barely light blue to purple bypassing about 4 shades of blue (gutted as blue is my preferred choice of ambient light)

2. Upper door drivers side leather has marks along the ridge

3. On start up today the screen was flickering - solved by switch off and on again

4. I’m struggling a little with the bolster on the seats - I’m not sure if it’s protruding on its own accord or maybe I’m going mad. Sometimes I feel like somethings digging into my back which is strange

Other than that. It’s pretty perfect.

Post #661816 13th Apr 2023 11:45pm
AJGalaxy2012

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Bonatti Grey

Cam-Tech-Craig wrote:
Come on JLR... This shouldn't be down to the end user to fault find for you... Banging Head Banging Head Banging Head

Why would they change? Their order books are full to capacity, loyal customers keep coming back for more, theres absolutely no need for JLR to change anything until the customer base votes with it's feet. BMW i3 Electric Car
2012 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8 (now gone)
2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi V6

Post #661820 14th Apr 2023 5:38am
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

dc44back wrote:

4. I’m struggling a little with the bolster on the seats - I’m not sure if it’s protruding on its own accord or maybe I’m going mad. Sometimes I feel like somethings digging into my back which is strange

Is this your upper back? If so, likely a faulty ‘stuck’ massage cell which is very common and I’ve had it on every JLR vehicle with this specific seat technology except my current SV.

Post #661822 14th Apr 2023 6:41am
RDR

United Kingdom 

dc44back wrote:

3. On start up today the screen was flickering - solved by switch off and on again

Was it as if the refresh rate was wrong? I had it yesterday. I had left the sunroof open with the sun beating down on the screen I was thinking it have sent the ambient light sensor crazy. Parked up at the shops came back 20 mins later all was well.

I’ll keep an eye on it.

One more for my list, not so much a fault but still irritating I noticed all my subscriptions were registered 4 weeks before vehicle registration so I’m only getting 11months tracker etc. MY23 PHEV HSE
MY19 Disco 5 HSE - gone
My12 Disco 4 HSE - gone

Post #661825 14th Apr 2023 7:21am
West London FFRR

West London FFRR wrote:
d3rm0 wrote:

Thank you! Let's see how quickly the dealer fixes all this

A postscript to my earlier posts this week about my less than perfect P440e HSE: almost eerily like the car knew it was about to be taken back to the dealership to be repaired, as I started it up in the garage on Wednesday morning, a warning light flashed up announcing that the entire front near-side headlamp unit had failed. Am still waiting to learn how long it's going to take JLR to supply this (and other) replacement parts. Honestly, how on earth can a car leave the Solihull factory with so many undetected faults and defects on it? It feels like the definitive Friday-night car ...

Post #661837 14th Apr 2023 9:43am
SamThomas

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Baltic Blue

AJGalaxy2012 wrote:

Why would they change? Their order books are full to capacity, loyal customers keep coming back for more, theres absolutely no need for JLR to change anything until the customer base votes with it's feet.

& that, is the best way I've seen of putting it !

Post #661857 14th Apr 2023 12:22pm
dc44back

United Kingdom 

Autobiography wrote:
dc44back wrote:

Is this your upper back? If so, likely a faulty ‘stuck’ massage cell which is very common and I’ve had it on every JLR vehicle with this specific seat technology except my current SV.

It’s the middle of my back. The switch seems to allow the bolster to move from bottom
to top. It’s getting better but still a concern.

Post #661899 14th Apr 2023 5:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>