Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > suspension fault on dash
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tiprat

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black
suspension fault on dash

Good afternoon everyone, so awhile ago i posted about the suspension fault, on the range rover, the ecus dont seem to be talking to each other according to two different scans, one on mine an Autel maxi and an icarsoft, done via a member on here who i picked up some spares from.

So ive put on a new battery from Tanya, a platinum 020, just incase it was voltage related. this didnt cure it, but the suspension was "inflated" so my partner could still run around in it.
Now however the RR is on its bumpstops so cant really be driven. I start the car up and it fires into life straight away, then you can hear the compressor (which is only a couple of months old) come on, then after about 20 seconds the dash bings and shows suspension fault, then the audio display show special programs not working, then the compressor stops. When i got the RR (2yr ago) i changed the front airbags with new from Island 4x4 i think, but didnt change the rears, new rears have just arrived today so whilst i look for the problem i intend to replace these.

My questions are,

Could a holed airbag front or rear or both cause this?

I've looked online for the cause of the issue and there's some talk about the Transfer case ECU being a "known" fault for corrosion and for failing, having looked for this online the suggestion was it was behind the battery, having taken the battery back out i cant find it, so where should i be looking?

I'm about to take the centre console switch out and check for corrosion.

I've also read it could be the air tank under the sills, again could this be right? If so what am i looking for?

Is there anyway to over ride the compressor and manually fill the airbags without stripping each one out and connecting an airline to each bag separately, then i can see, more likely hear a leaking airbag?

I'm off today and tomorrow, then off over the weekend and id really like to get this boxed off or at the least figure out the issue, knowing i have to order parts, i live in Leigh/Astley area and none of the local garages are keen to take on this issue, so im left with it to myself, so if anyone can offer advice or fancies getting involved for beer tokens id be happy to oblige.

Regards
Ian. Borrowed Grey 2002 3d 204k for a year
Now own a 2007 Java black Vogue SE 3.6TDV8 160k

Post #664783 23rd May 2023 2:56pm
Tiprat

So yesterday was a fruitless day, I can't find the ECU, I know what I'm looking for as there are plenty of spare ones on eBay ect. I've looked at YouTube but the only videos I can find show the RR Sport, not the L322. I'm at a loss at present because I can really find any information on where it is, or even if I'm looking in the right direction, I've searched on the forum for answers and googled it. But not getting any real helpful answers, as to where to look or what to do. Borrowed Grey 2002 3d 204k for a year

Post #664875 24th May 2023 10:20am
dingg1

2007 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Stornoway Grey

https://workshop-manuals.com/landrover/l32...r_box_ecu/

Post #664876 24th May 2023 10:25am
Tiprat

Thank you Dingg1 for that, ive took the battery out and all i find is a small black plastic cover protecting 5 fuses, and 3 connector plugs for various wiring looms. i cant see anyway to get behind what i see where the battery was, but shall look some more. That said ive not looked on the drivers side, so i shall look there very shortly.

Regards. Borrowed Grey 2002 3d 204k for a year

Post #664883 24th May 2023 10:51am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1