Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic > the wife's new car
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

bigl322 wrote:
gaz your probably right ,i think the chase was better than the catch when i wanted a range rover.
dont get me wrong the range rover is a great car ,but i dont enjoy driving it that much. I feel the steering wheel is to big and light,plus when cornering it rolls far to much.
delamo the gti mk6 is a big improvement in comfort/build quality and fuel consumption

I have a friend that I play Golf with that saw me turn up in Range Rovers over the years and started to think why have I not got one of them....

He was a Porsche/BMW Sport driver and liked driving fast and feeling he was connected with road around bends etc.

Against my advice he went and bought a Supercharged RRS which he has hated ever since he took delivery and now wants out into a fast BMW or Audi.

I think the moral of these stories is "Horses for Courses" don't buy one just because its a Range Rover but buy it because you want & need a Range Rover.

Post #72778 18th Jul 2011 9:16am
Fox

United Kingdom 

Gazellio wrote:
bigl322 wrote:
gaz your probably right ,i think the chase was better than the catch when i wanted a range rover.
dont get me wrong the range rover is a great car ,but i dont enjoy driving it that much. I feel the steering wheel is to big and light,plus when cornering it rolls far to much.
delamo the gti mk6 is a big improvement in comfort/build quality and fuel consumption

I have a friend that I play Golf with that saw me turn up in Range Rovers over the years and started to think why have I not got one of them....

He was a Porsche/BMW Sport driver and liked driving fast and feeling he was connected with road around bends etc.

Against my advice he went and bought a Supercharged RRS which he has hated ever since he took delivery and now wants out into a fast BMW or Audi.

I think the moral of these stories is "Horses for Courses" don't buy one just because its a Range Rover but buy it because you want & need a Range Rover.

Very good advice Gary.
I'm starting to wonder if I really need one again...

Post #72781 18th Jul 2011 9:24am
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

Fox,

You need a 50,000 mile TDV8 Vogue SE in immaculate condition but in about 18/24 months when you will pick it up for £25k and it will have almost fully depreciated.

You can keep it clean and feel that you can own for as long as you want it without worrying about the cost of ownership/relevance to your needs Thumbs Up

Post #72784 18th Jul 2011 9:30am
Fox

United Kingdom 

Gazellio wrote:
Fox,

You need a 50,000 mile TDV8 Vogue SE in immaculate condition but in about 18/24 months when you will pick it up for £25k and it will have almost fully depreciated.

You can keep it clean and feel that you can own for as long as you want it without worrying about the cost of ownership/relevance to your needs Thumbs Up

Sorry to the Bigl322 here, as it's his thread...

But since we got rid of the TDV8 I have to say I have not missed it at all.
We use the new Yeti for the family and it's great. It's also bought and paid for.
I have a road legal track day car for a bit of fun/speed, a sensible runaround to get to work and the Camel Defender for LR based stuff. (which doesn't depreciate)

I'm just starting to wonder why I need a FFRR.
The wife won't drive it, so I'd just go to work and back in it.

The most important point as said.. after 6 months I don't miss it at all. Confused

I've hung around this forum as I may get one and like the members. But right now I just can't see it happening....

Post #72787 18th Jul 2011 9:37am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

i reckon deep down you do miss it richard cos you cant bear to get rid of your 'little car ' profile.. Laughing

Post #72790 18th Jul 2011 9:40am
Fox

United Kingdom 

scarey wrote:
i reckon deep down you do miss it richard cos you cant bear to get rid of your 'little car ' profile.. Laughing

Fixed. Laughing
Forgot about that...

Post #72792 18th Jul 2011 9:42am
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Gazellio wrote:
bigl322 wrote:

Very similar situation I found/still find myself in! Whistle Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #72816 18th Jul 2011 4:20pm
pretlove

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

well i got to say i was thinking of selling mine but i cant think of anything else id buy other than another range rover "RANGEISM WILL NOT BE TOLERATED"
www.futuresecurityservices.co.uk
Pretlove says , '' I want my car back Sad "

Post #72820 18th Jul 2011 4:46pm
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

pretlove wrote:
well i got to say i was thinking of selling mine but i cant think of anything else id buy other than another range rover

That's easy for me - E60 M5! Thumbs Up Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #72821 18th Jul 2011 4:49pm
JOKER

Scotland 

If we didn't get snow bad in the winter up here , i would be going for one of these Thumbs Up

http://www.taggarts.co.uk/used-cars/6967/jaguar-xk ====================================

"Open Mike Night " sounded like a lot of fun until i found out i was going to an Autopsy

Post #72823 18th Jul 2011 4:54pm
Googsy

Ireland 2008 Range Rover HSE TDV8 Java Black

How come since I joined everyone is selling their RRs? I certainly do not need a Range Rover but I choose to have one as I have always liked them over anything else I have driven. Yes it will cost me a bit more to run and depreciation will be high but then I do intend having this one for another 4 years. I could have bought a newer car such as the XF which I considered but since the RR HSE cost 118K Euro new I think I got a good deal at 48K Euro. Only slight regret I do have is that I should have read the forum or consulted you guys a bit more before buying as I got the HSE when I should have got the Vogue but overall im happy.

Thumbs Up Present :2008 TDV8 HSE
Gone Audi A5 2.7TDI
Gone Discovery 3 HSE
Gone Mercedes CLK
Gone Range Rover 2.5 DSE

Post #72824 18th Jul 2011 4:55pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

Well we seem to have quite a few regular posting members that are no longer 100% Range Rover fans Surprised

Post #72825 18th Jul 2011 4:56pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Well like everything in life you can get bored with it ............... Whistle

ps nice car bigL322 , ====================================

"Open Mike Night " sounded like a lot of fun until i found out i was going to an Autopsy

Post #72826 18th Jul 2011 5:04pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

As a dealer I get to drive a lot of fancy cars other than the Range Rovers and to me they are all put in the shade by the stately Range Rover.

Some BMW/Audi may be fun to drive when on a twisty road but if that road leads to the school gates and your picking two or three children then the fun stops there.

Going on a family holiday in a Golf may be a frustrating time too....

The point of the Range Rover is that it covers most bases and does it with more than a little style thrown in.

The Range Rover still gets my vote and always will until something even better is available. Smile

Last edited by Gazellio @ Prestige Cars on 18th Jul 2011 5:39pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #72830 18th Jul 2011 5:26pm
pretlove

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

@alanm ive had the e60 bmw and if i could afford the m5 version then maybe that would be the way to go

@mick if obnly i had your money but then again id still only buy another range rover id just get a newer and better one Thumbs Up

i did think about the cayenne turbo but then i parked next to one and just thought theres no match to the range "RANGEISM WILL NOT BE TOLERATED"
www.futuresecurityservices.co.uk
Pretlove says , '' I want my car back Sad "

Post #72832 18th Jul 2011 5:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>