Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Aux heater controls ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Dutchgit

Germany 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey
Aux heater controls ?

Hi all, getting to grips with the new to me L322 TDV8 2008 model.

I thought I'd try out the fuel burning heater.
Well, there is one on the car as I've seen (part of) it under the LH headlight area but there is no button to click on the the centre screen in settings. There's no remote with the car either. Not sure if there's a remote module as I haven't found it yet (had a quick look behind the rear right storage thingy door where some of the electrics hang out.
It's an Italian model if that has anything to do with it.

I will have a better look to if there's a module to be found tomorrow.

Cheers, Ard

Post #674093 23rd Sep 2023 6:48pm
KF

Finland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

There should not be anything related with Webasto near LH front light, heater is mounted under the battery base plate and it is serviced and visible via wheel well with plastics removed.

You can activate the button to turn it on and off via info-screen with GAP IID tool. -07 Stornoway Gray TDV8

Post #674102 23rd Sep 2023 7:57pm
Dutchgit

Ah right, seems I'll need to invest in a GAp tool after all (as I've secretly expected... )
Thought I saw the heater hoses near the headlight and thought it was there. I'll have another look tomorrow Laughing

Post #674104 23rd Sep 2023 8:21pm
Pawl

England 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Cairns Blue

The Fuel Burning Heater wasn't fitted a standard in all markets - only "cold climate markets".
It's possible that it wasn't fitted to an Italian market car.

I believe if its fitted it should already be visible via the on screen menus. It only needs to be enabled with a Diagnostic tool IF the FBH is added after vehicle manufacture.

The Electronic Control Module for the FBH is fitted behind the Fuse Board panel in the Right Rear corner of the car - IF the FBH is installed.

I think the Remote Control fob was probably an accessory when the cars were new (someone with better knowledge might correct this).
Many cars don't have them even when the FBH is installed - as owners lose them or never received them when they bought the car.
They can still be bought second hand (or new) & linked to the car. Paul,
2001 Discovery 2 TD5, 211,000 miles & climbing
2006 FFRR TDV8 Vogue 145,000 miles & climbing
Member of Midland (Land) Rover Owners Club, www.mroc.co.uk

Post #674110 23rd Sep 2023 10:53pm
tj196443

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver

You don’t need Gap tool to activate the FBH if it’s already fitted to the car, you can turn it on and off via the timed climate control menu on the infotainment screen. If you have a GAP tool you can activate the FBH to do a diagnostic check on it. I’m fairly sure if it’s fitted then it will produce both cool air and heat, best way to tell if it’s fitted as previously mentioned is to check the rear fuse compartment and see if the remote starter is there. It’s a black box with cables coming out the bottom fitted closer to the rear indicator light. You can use remote which is more a more easy way to turn it on or off and they are available on auction sites.

Here in the uk the FBH is great for cold frosty morning, it not only warms the cabin but can clear the windows of ice and also pre heats the engine for cold starts.

Post #674114 24th Sep 2023 2:39am
KF

Finland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Always nice when there is only one solid truth and people are convinced about it.

Well, sorry to be the one to brake the illusion, but you can have a heater installed and not have the button on the centre screen. Ask me how I know. Without the button it only operates via ecu request as an auxiliary heater when engine running, not manually as a pre-heater before engine start.

And for that, it doesn´t need the transmitter that would be in the rear compartment.

With GAP IID you can activate the button on the screen and operate it manually as a pre-heater also.

So the only way to be sure is to look under the battery tray, it either is there or not, nothing else is 100%. -07 Stornoway Gray TDV8

Post #674116 24th Sep 2023 6:50am
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

Check the build spec.
www.vindecoderz.com

Also on a LHD spec vehicle, the battery is on the other side, I'm not 100% that the FFBH moved as well.

Post #674118 24th Sep 2023 8:48am
Dutchgit

KF wrote:
Always nice when there is only one solid truth and people are convinced about it.

Well, sorry to be the one to brake the illusion, but you can have a heater installed and not have the button on the centre screen. Ask me how I know. Without the button it only operates via ecu request as an auxiliary heater when engine running, not manually as a pre-heater before engine start.

And for that, it doesn´t need the transmitter that would be in the rear compartment.

With GAP IID you can activate the button on the screen and operate it manually as a pre-heater also.

So the only way to be sure is to look under the battery tray, it either is there or not, nothing else is 100%.

Well, There is a FBH under the battery tray on a LHD L322 ! Huzzah !!!

I was able to use a el cheapo endoscope cam on my phone to find it with a little faffing about.
Also just agreed to buy a Webasto module that should work on this type of heater and has the ability to start the heater via a app on the phone. Webasto TC4 Advanced it's called.
We'll see how that goes so I think I'm going to order a GAP IID tool as well.

Edit: The receiver for the FBH was not mounted at the factory so fingers crossed the other receiver will, but I'm fairly sure it will as in all fairness, it's just a fancy switch with a remote.

Whistle

Post #674146 24th Sep 2023 6:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1