Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Easiest android head unit swap 2003 TD6
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
mrblonde

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Adriatic Blue
Easiest android head unit swap 2003 TD6

2003 TD6, the missus has decided she would like an android head unit fitting so she can stream music etc and have a more modern looking interior (I told her there's nothing wrong with a cassette player behind an LCD screen Mr. Green )

What's a relatively easy to fit android head unit that will be a direct replacement? are are they a pain to fit?

Any advice or recommendations greatly received, as this is all new to me....

Post #668616 7th Jul 2023 9:28pm
Merchy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

There is a really cheap way of doing this......if you are brave enough to tell the boss Ner Ner ....use an FM transmitter plugged into the smart phone then tune the radio into the same frequency...bingo, the boss can then listen to her music Very Happy

In your other thread you quoted sorting out the little things on the car.... pronto!!! as the boss said, it seems that the demands are now escalating Rolling with laughter

You could always explain to her that 'tis the fashion' with cars of that age to maintain the originality of said vehicles Whistle On the other hand if the boss is reading posts on here you are doomed Big Cry

Post #668623 8th Jul 2023 3:03am
vs322

Greece 2004 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

You will be crippling / sacrificing a lot of functionality for only minor gains. Look for an upgraded radio or TV module from places like carphonics instead. Thumbs Up

Post #668625 8th Jul 2023 4:30am
GRANGEROVER

Germany 

It's probably easier to go the route I did:

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/post649134.html#649134

Or you could search for the Bluebus module. I thought about an android headunit too but it's not that easy.

Post #668640 8th Jul 2023 10:31am
BMG

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Bonatti Grey

I have an Eonon Q49 android system fitted which was under £200 and does decent job and does wireless Apple Car play / Android Auto with a reverse cam fitted too.
I don't believe you can fit one of these on Vogue model with the original DSP sound system without something like the I-Bus app ( https://www.ibus-app.de/index_en.html ) to switch this one.
This is not expensive or hard to fit and allows extras like coding some parts of the car for daytime running lights, headlights staying on a few secs after locking etc and retains all the functions of the old unit.

The only downside is it took a whole day for me to fit and requires a connector cable running from the boot to the head unit, which to do properly means pulling the carpet, dash top and various trim bits out and cutting the old head unit mounting. You can test everything before fitting by simply pulling it in to the rear first and get everything work, then its just an install.

See the post here I made using an older Xtrons unit which didn't have the Car Play function.
https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic52498.html

Post #668964 12th Jul 2023 12:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1