Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Orders (L460) > Delivery Date 550e
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Polarbear

United Kingdom 

Edj

If you specced autobiography the the tour is foc.

I would wait for the new reg myself.

Post #678445 21st Nov 2023 6:41pm
EdJ

United Kingdom 

I did spec the AB, and ticked the factory tour option, so surprised the dealer was unaware (and that's putting it nicely - I got the impression he'd never heard of such a thing!)

I think you're also right about the new reg. Feels crazy to have waited over 2 years and then not delay just a few weeks for the new reg. 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #678569 23rd Nov 2023 1:05pm
Tom1010

United Kingdom 

New here 👋🏼 Just taken delivery of my RR Autobiography P550e in Belgravia Green with Caraway interior - it’s outstanding! I ordered in November 2022 and collected from JLR in Solihull. Highly recommend taking advantage of that if you can - it was a great day out which started by being chauffeured up from SW London in an RR SV P615 LWB!

Post #680031 10th Dec 2023 11:24pm
volkan1975

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

Really nice to hear and enjoy, hope I will get soon a build date. Ordered in September 2022 but still no feedback not even a build slot. In the mean time the P510 is now a P550. Have even deleted the towbar as this could delay (I was told).

Post #680039 11th Dec 2023 12:22am
EdJ

United Kingdom 

Congratulations Tom1010!

God knows how the allocation policy works. I ordered mine a year before you ordered yours and have only recently got my build slot! 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #680045 11th Dec 2023 8:02am
volkan1975

I think that even God doesn’t know, 2 weeks earlier the Factory in Solihull has started (Job1) in the modified L405 Bodyshop 1 to build the L461’s.
Now they have the Bodyshop 2 reserved for the L460 only, the BEV L460/461 will be even build in a new bodyshop (where my team is also involved for the controls part) to avoid stressing the L460 production.
So I hope that all those investments will speed up the deliveries, but I’m afraid that JLR has already considered the increased build capacity in their communicated delivery times.
JLR is investing hundreds of millions just to build more and worst is that according to the theoretical numbers the original Bodyshop 2 should build all the variants.
So all those additional Bodyshops will build eventually the amounts that the original Bodyshop had to build. I had once wrote the issues they had in the factory in a previous chat.
I’m on a regular base in the Solihull factory and can see that JLR is doing everything to build more, additional equipment, additional resources, ….

So fingers crossed if those investments will deliver ours a bit faster. Bow down

Post #680049 11th Dec 2023 11:35am
Eirik34

Norway 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

volkan1975 wrote:
the BEV L460/461 will be even build in a new bodyshop (where my team is also involved for the controls part) to avoid stressing the L460 production.

Any news on the BEV L460? JLR should start taking orders of the BEV variants late 2023, but so far no news regarding the BEV version. L460 P550e AB SWB MY24
L322 TDV8 Vogue MY07
Mini Cooper S Convertible

Post #680052 11th Dec 2023 1:31pm
volkan1975

Hi Eirik,
The whole program has a very compressed timing, it all depends on the erection from the machines and commissioning. That’s the only part that can have a compressed timing. First non-customer cars are planned to be build mid/second half-2024. Then the unknown starts, a RR is a very complicated car and build quality from the Underbody is one of the most complex. The quality requirements are very high.
An advantage is that most of the parts are already matured in the L460/461 lines but that’s only for the Body part. The big unknowns are the battery and Drive train, I think those 2 will determine the Customer Cars. Rumor is that the BEV must be ready to be delivered to customers in 2024 already, but this can move of course. I think it will be more clear around January. JLR is working very hard to build this.
I’m also interested in the BEV but nobody knows the Consumption and battery capacity, I think it all depends what technology Mercedes will publish with their EQG (Electric G-Wagon).

Post #680060 11th Dec 2023 3:57pm
Tom1010

United Kingdom 

EdJ wrote:
Congratulations Tom1010!

God knows how the allocation policy works. I ordered mine a year before you ordered yours and have only recently got my build slot!

Thank you EdJ; what’s your config & who’s your dealer? I was quite surprised to get a build slot 6 months early. The chap that gave us the tour of the factory said it could have been because our spec was quite unique - that doesn’t make much sense to me though.

Here’s a pic at collection

Post #680113 12th Dec 2023 10:51am
volkan1975

Hi Tom1010!!, you must be very lucky. I even have deleted some options as the dealer told me. Deleted the towbar, the fridge and took the most boring colour “black” without shadow pack. I’m even afraid to change the alloys to the to the one you have. They look very nice. So kept it base Autobiography. But my dealer informed me that the soundsystem is back the meridian signature, is this correct?

Post #680147 12th Dec 2023 4:11pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Tom1010 wrote:
Here’s a pic at collection

That’s a fine looking car….. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #680163 12th Dec 2023 5:42pm
teeleh

Netherlands 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Carpathian Grey

volkan1975 wrote:
Hi Eirik,
The whole program has a very compressed timing, it all depends on the erection from the machines and commissioning. That’s the only part that can have a compressed timing. First non-customer cars are planned to be built mid/second half-2024. Then the unknown starts, a RR is a very complicated car and build quality from the Underbody is one of the most complex. The quality requirements are very high.
An advantage is that most of the parts are already matured in the L460/461 lines but that’s only for the Body part. The big unknowns are the battery and Drive train, I think those 2 will determine the Customer Cars. Rumor is that the BEV must be ready to be delivered to customers in 2024 already, but this can move of course. I think it will be more clear around January. JLR is working very hard to build this.
I’m also interested in the BEV but nobody knows the Consumption and battery capacity, I think it all depends what technology Mercedes will publish with their EQG (Electric G-Wagon).

It is fascinating to see how Land Rover is progressing where they are keen to use the latest and greatest technologies. The L460 shape is already divine, there is nothing to change from a looks perspective. With an 800-volt architecture, they seem to be implementing the very latest technology advancements of which the developments are going at ever-increasing speeds, battery tech will continue to evolve in the next decade, it will only get better over time from a battery capacity and subsequent unheard of range on a single charge. RR's that are part of my car timeline since I bought my first RR Classic in 1999:

On the waiting list for the RR EV MY2025 Wink
RR P550e Autobiography MY2024
RR EVOGUE Cabrio MY2017
RR P400e Autobiography MY2020
RR TDV6 Autobiography MY2016
RR TDV6 VOGUE MY2013

RR TDV8 VOGUE MY2009 & MY2006
RR TD6 VOGUE MY2004

RRC 3.9i VOGUE MY1994 & MY1992

Post #680371 15th Dec 2023 10:21am
EdJ

United Kingdom 

Tom1010 wrote:
Thank you EdJ; what’s your config & who’s your dealer? I was quite surprised to get a build slot 6 months early. The chap that gave us the tour of the factory said it could have been because our spec was quite unique - that doesn’t make much sense to me though.

I went for a heavily spec'd car - including for example RSE - and at one point I asked the dealer if it made sense to remove the options that were slowing the delivery down, but I was always told that it made no difference.

I've now got my factory tour organised. It won't be until the new 24 reg, but I can't wait. 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #680675 18th Dec 2023 6:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123