Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Anyone else got a self repairing car?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
andygts

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor
Anyone else got a self repairing car?

I've had a passenger sidestep issue for ages, done all the usual battery reset, step reset etc and nothing worked, other things going off ment it got shelved for a while until....

Bit of a weird one and found it by accident, the Mrs had a go at me one day for not letting her out, pull the handle and it will open....erm not this time. I had a play and this issue was intermittent the handle would let you open the door but it wouldn't always do the 1st stage and unlock the door, while playing with the locking buttons I did notice that the lock unlock LED always remained lit. Further playing and noticed that if I unlocked the doors using the passenger button then opened the door the step came out Shocked

I then left the issue until the other week when the 5 foot nothing Mrs complained again, had a look for a new door lock and discovered the minefield of door latches......which one do I have? and the price Shocked

So to make sure I get the right one and have a go at a repair if possible I stripped the door down last week, had a quick look and no chance of getting to any interal components without major surgery so took note of which latch mechanism I had (just my luck, the expensive one) and rebuilt the door, cleared all the codes I'd caused and tested it with everything I had 2 of crossed.....step still remained inactive Sad so replacement ordered.

The next day we swapped cars so I could get 2 new tyres put on her car, then the new part gets delivered but I have no car to fit it to until she comes home.

When she arrived home I was in the front garden anyway and noticed the step was out as she got out of the drivers side Question I locked the car opened it did everything possible to make it fault and the Censored thing did everything it should, the internal lock indicator was also now behaving as it should and exstiguishing on an unlock command.

Fast forward a week and the Censored thing is still working. Current
2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo
+ Many other non LR products

Post #673990 21st Sep 2023 6:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1