Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L405) > SIM card expired?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Triarii

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey
SIM card expired?

Daft question.

My Navigation traffic info is always offline as is searching for locations. I suspect that this means the SIM has expired but I thought I had another 12 months on it, either that or its used up its data allowance, or there's a system glitch like I had in Jun 22 where my VIN had fallen off of the system.

Is there a way to test whether its expired time wise or data limit wise before I faff with contacting JLR?

Thanks.

PS Local MD are collecting the car tomorrow to fit the fuel filter that they didn't have when it was in for the standard 48k service back in June. They didn't check the BoM before starting. 17 MY Corris Grey 4.4 VAB
Silver MB R231 SL350

Post #674936 5th Oct 2023 1:41pm
James W

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Siberian Silver

If the SIM card is working, there should be a 3G icon in the top corner of the touchscreen. If you are also connected to WiFi hotspot (e.g. outside your house) you will also see a standard wifi 'shell' icon so don't get confused with that. It's 3G you're looking for.

Also check settings via "System Settings" > "Connectivity" > then check "Mobile Data" is set to ON

Finally in "Mobile Settings" make sure there is no usage limit set

If all that is fine I'd personally try and register your SIM with the relevant app for the operator, and hope that once registered, you can see the status and remaining data for that SIM. FFRR SDV8 Autobiography

Post #674938 5th Oct 2023 1:54pm
Gremlin500

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Corris Grey

Hi Triarii,

Some SIMs get deactivated by the vendor if they are not used every so often, especially the pre-paid Data-only SIMs, e.g. for my work laptop, I purchased a £50 “3” network 24-month “Triosim”, then Covid happened. I forgot to use it within 180 day periods, and now it’s non-operational, so 24Gb down the Swanny. Big Cry
For my FFRR, I now have a Contract 20Gb DOSIM at £7.99/month (add-on to my phone contract), but at least they aren’t going to cut me off! Thumbs Up

Can’t you try the SIM in a phone or iPad? Or call the vendor and have them check? “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #674939 5th Oct 2023 2:03pm
Gremlin500

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Corris Grey

Also, my car used to be in the habit of turning OFF mobile data, so had to keep turning it back on. The latest system update seems to have fixed that, so check you have S22A s/w. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #674940 5th Oct 2023 2:06pm
Triarii

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Thanks all inc James W - my menu was a bit different but found my way to that setting.

All the setting were 'off' too, but gone through it all and am now online. SIM seemed to have died, with 12 months remaining.

What is odd is that there is a SIM PIN setting to access the SIM, but its not the 6 digit PIN that was printed on the SIM card surround. 17 MY Corris Grey 4.4 VAB
Silver MB R231 SL350

Post #675089 8th Oct 2023 11:19am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1