Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > Removed Clima-Control Bar / MY24
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Pivi Pro is pretty good in terms of response etc, it’s miles away from the last Touch Pro Duo. I’d guess the screen will grow downwards next to cover the lower panel.

Post #675541 14th Oct 2023 1:26pm
Martin2

England 

I don’t think following the likes of Tesla with a bigger screen will help the quality look….. I get the need for a decent size screen, but I really don’t like the tablet style, it looks so much better having a decent integrated screen. This is coming from someone who loves tech and gadgets. MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid
MY19 SDV8 Autobiography - Sold

Post #675542 14th Oct 2023 1:32pm
EdJ

United Kingdom 

Martin2 wrote:
I’ve watched the video and it hasn’t changed my mind plus the graphics for the climate look cheap and it’s a bit ‘laggy’. The centre console looks very bare now too, I’m sure it would have been designed differently if everything was on the screen from the start.

Yes, this is what surprises me. When the L460 was launched, I thought the interior was so well designed. It had a big screen, but they still had buttons and switches for the heating etc.

I did attend the launch in London and my impression was that every single detail had been thoroughly thought through.

The fact that it has been changed so significantly, so early in the L460's life (many of us have yet to receive our cars for goodness sake!) seems a little bizarre.

I'd love to know the true story behind it. I hope it isn't as simple as cost cutting, or to accommodate an even larger Tesla like screen. 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #675553 14th Oct 2023 7:08pm
Martin2

England 

I’d put money on it being a cost saving initiative. The controls were one area of differentiation for a more luxury car. Now, pretty much everyone you touch is the same as in the most basic model in the lineup. MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid
MY19 SDV8 Autobiography - Sold

Post #675555 14th Oct 2023 7:34pm
roverhaul

United States 2011 Range Rover Autobiography Supercharged Santorini Black

While a surprise, just look at everything they're doing - how many times they say reductiveness.

They want us to have a sitting room on wheels. They're just planting their flag. This is Land Rover, over and over. If you want physical controls and buttons get a Bentley, if you want to get onboard with Gerry and the Frascellas, then this is it. They're not going backwards, you know it.

Once they get everything to a screen it will really free them up to do whatever they want with the interior and not have to worry about legacy controls. And then when they swap for the nVidia setup, I wouldn't be surprised if the first version is very much the same form factor just driven by the new hardware.

Remember analog to digital gauges in 2009/2010, and 2017 ICTP/2018 ICTPD debates among many
others - all apocalyptic and sales just kept on going.

Again it was a surprise but also not really. Now we just pray they keep iterating on the software. Nice to see things like the 4.0 updates.

Post #675562 14th Oct 2023 10:37pm

United Kingdom 

Exactly this ^^^^^^^^!

It is progress. Every manufacturer will sooner or later go this way. It creates more options with the interior and interface and makes updates to it much quicker, easier and cheaper.

LR are constantly making changes we may find difficult to get along with at first but the majority of us will keep coming back to buy them. Progressing in this way they also attracts new buyers to the brand.

They are still a terribly managed organisation, but from a design perspective they are always on point.

Post #675569 15th Oct 2023 8:00am
Eirik34

Norway 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

EdJ wrote:

I'd love to know the true story behind it. I hope it isn't as simple as cost cutting, or to accommodate an even larger Tesla like screen.

Agree! Personally I think they should have kept the rugged physical controls design of the L322, where they made a point that the most used controls could be managed with gloves.

But it could, as roverhaul says, be a step towards the Nvidia upgrade in 25 and the BEV model.

Post #675573 15th Oct 2023 10:09am
norland

United Kingdom 

Really good demo on that Acklam video. To me it is a step backward from the rotary knob with push and pull to select seats and heating. Totally instant and intuitive, and just looks and feels nice.

End of the world? No. An improvement or a step backwards? Definitely the latter for me.

Post #675586 15th Oct 2023 5:15pm
Eisbärhöhle

Germany 

@Eirik34

... I wish much fun during pick-up of your new P550e today Bow down

.... pictures and first "wind noise issue" report until 6 p.m. latest - please Mr. Green

Post #675620 16th Oct 2023 9:27am
Eirik34

What an awesome car to drive! A "small" step upwards compared with the iconic and comfy L322 TDV8.
And amazing seats, hot stone, heated armrests, so quiet, great Signature sound - just a wonderful place to be! And I liked the black birch wood and leather steering wheel!

No wind noise up to 110-120 km/h.

BUT: the GSR2 button is present on the steering wheel Neutral . However: two taps on the small "Driver assistant mode" button to change into the Customise setting. But needed to be done each trip... I hope Gap IID tool or similar can fix this.

A lot of settings and menus to get used to!

Click image to enlarge

Post #675675 16th Oct 2023 7:48pm
Phil.

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Congratulations Eirik, enjoy Very Happy MY23 D350 HSE
On my 7th RR plus various other JLR vehicles

Last edited by Phil. on 16th Oct 2023 9:03pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #675676 16th Oct 2023 8:04pm
Eisbärhöhle

Germany 

... great ... thank you for your fast review .... enjoy your beautiful car.

Hot Stone is only available for SV versions here in Germany .... ATB offers only standard massage and standard business seats at rear .... no massage seats at rear available for ATB.

Or is your a SV? ---------------------
992 GT3 Touring / RR P550e

Post #675681 16th Oct 2023 9:01pm
EdJ

United Kingdom 

Congratulations Eirik! Great to see the photos too - looks wonderful inside. Is yours the first of the new 2024 models with the minimalist interior? 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #675684 16th Oct 2023 9:21pm
Eirik34

Our is an ATB, but I think we might have got some special arrangement (Executive Comfort rear seats..) due to that we've been waiting since March 2022.

This was the first MY24 from our local dealer. But they had a few more waiting to be delivered the next days.

Post #675689 16th Oct 2023 10:00pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Delighted you are delighted Erik There won’t be many of those in Norway. The app has the best handbook unless you were lucky and important enough to be given one.

Enjoy! Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #675874 19th Oct 2023 11:36am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>