Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L460) > Keyfobs and profiles
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Eirik34

Norway 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey
Keyfobs and profiles

Hi, my wife and I have quite different setup of the seating position; both seat and steering wheel. So in our L322 we use the two keyfobs to make sure the seating position moves to our individual setting depending on who of us opens the vehicle. In addition the L322 remembers our different AV setup.
According to the dealer, the keyfobs for the new L460 should work similarly. But it doesn't, we have to press the "1" or "2" seat memory button after opening the door to adjust the seats. And then we have to manually select the profile through Pivi pro to tell which one of us is driving Neutral

Should it be like that? Or is there a setting where one can connect a keyfob to one of the profiles and one of the seat memory settings?

Post #676251 23rd Oct 2023 7:49pm
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

Convenience mode is what you're describing, for some reason it seems to not be active on your vehicle - go back to the dealer with this page from the user manual https://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/docume...3/G2735851

Post #676253 23rd Oct 2023 8:13pm
Eirik34

Thanks Phoenix, will try that!

Post #676264 23rd Oct 2023 9:10pm
Eirik34

Just an update on this one: Have been in contact with the dealer several times, and the issue have been reported. Still not working. Main profile doesn't stay logged in to InControl, and when pairing a keyfob (by having one of the keybob inside the car) with one of the 2 profiles and storing the seat&steering wheel position with Mem+1, the vehicle is still not able to remember the Profile+keyfob+seat position settings.

Have followed the "ADTS ACTIVATION WORKAROUND OVERVIEW" procedure from JLR, but it still does not work.

So: Still not possible to open the vehicle with the wife/husband keyfob and get the seat adjusted automatically (convenience mode). I don't know the installed SW version, does not show version number in PiviPro. Expect these issues to be fixed with a software update.

Anyone other with a new MY24 having the same issues?

Post #677312 5th Nov 2023 12:02pm
Eisbärhöhle

Germany 

@Eirik34 ...

... I can tell you more in 2-3 weeks Wink ---------------------
992 GT3 Touring / RR P550e

Post #677400 6th Nov 2023 9:37am
Eirik34

Thanks Eisbärhöhle! I just hope it is a software bug on the MY24, but the dealer hasn't got any info from JLR about such a bug.

So far it seems that the Smart Settings https://www.landrover.co.uk/ownership/inco...tting.html that was available in the L405 does not work in the MY24 L460!?!

At least it does not work in our vehicle. It is impossible to connect a keyfob to a profile using PiviPro, and the result is that one has to start the journey by adjusting the driver seat manually before getting in, and then one has to select the correct profile on the screen. Not very 2023 and £200k ....

Anyone with a MY24 L460 where these smart settings actually WORKS; i.e. where the driver seat, steering wheel and profile (incl radio preferences etc) are selected depending on which keyfob that has been used to open the vehicle? If I've understood correctly, these Smart Settings works on the pre-MY24 L460, or?

P.S: Other than this issue with the new L460, the vehicle is great! Fantastic to drive, quiet and comfy. A bit heavy (registered as 3015kg), but plenty of power!

Post #677809 12th Nov 2023 9:35pm
Eirik34

@Eisbärhöhle: In your vehicle, are you able to connect a keyfob to a PiviPro profile so that the driver seat and steering wheel automatically are adjusted before you enter the vehicle?

Our P550e is currently at the dealer due the engine and battery failure messages Neutral , and I hope that they would be able to fix this convenience-mode /smart-setting (keyfob/profile) issues at the same time. L460 P550e AB SWB MY24
L322 TDV8 Vogue MY07
Mini Cooper S Convertible

Post #680454 16th Dec 2023 1:05pm
Eisbärhöhle

Germany 

Hi Eirik!

No … it‘s not possible.

But we‘re 3 persons with only two keyfobs … means at least two persons would need to adjust the settings anyway 🤓

Luckily the profile is very easy to change … but unfortunately you have to hold the memory button for the seats all the time until seat position is reached ….

Is Landrover really telling that this keyfob feature should work? ---------------------

Post #680600 18th Dec 2023 7:31am
Eirik34

Hi Eisbärhöhle, yes - according to LR the convenience mode should work in the MY24:

Click image to enlarge

For us this is a feature that should work, since my wife and I have quite different seating preferences, meaning that after she has used the vehicle, I have to adjust the driver seat before entering the car - which can take some time while standing outside with the driver door opened in rainy/windy/snowing weather... Convenience mode works perfectly well in our L322 from 2007... L460 P550e AB SWB MY24
L322 TDV8 Vogue MY07
Mini Cooper S Convertible

Post #680607 18th Dec 2023 9:13am
Eisbärhöhle

Germany 

Hi Eirik ...

... thank you for this information ... so I guess we have to wait for a next PIVI software update to get this feature because the bug is not only at your car Wink ---------------------

Post #680635 18th Dec 2023 2:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1