Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L460) > p440e hybrid coolant heater failure plus spare parts delay
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
timoteiwa

United Kingdom 
p440e hybrid coolant heater failure plus spare parts delay

Just writing to highlight an issue with p440e and spare parts delays.

So, in September the Hybrid system and EV mode was taking some time to kick in as it seemed it had to heat up, even when it was 20 deg outside. It also started randomly kicking me out of ev mode or not engaging battery on Hybrid mode for a while and then come it would come back. Before this it would go into EV mode or battery would kick in on Hybrid mode as soon as you started the car. i've had the car since new for 10 months now.

Anyway, took it in to be repaired (it needs a new hybrid coolant heater apparently) and they ordered the parts only for them to go out of stock over-night. This was coming up for 3 weeks ago and was put into a Velar in the meantime.

Just got the L460 back this morning, un-repaired, and the lady in the service dept told me she has 25 cars on her list waiting for parts and she was one of 5 service reps at that centre, presumably with similar size lists, so thats approx 125 at that JLR service centre alone with cars parked waiting parts...

Luckily, mine operates fine in normal mode without the parts so I could get it back, but patiently waiting Whistle now for the final part to come back into stock. Supply chains are obviously still very poor.

Post #678321 20th Nov 2023 10:45am
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Now a "normal" scenario....

Reports last week of 5,000 cars sat at LR dealerships waiting for parts.... Shocked Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #678324 20th Nov 2023 11:04am
d3rm0

2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Indus Silver

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/motors...r%20months

Post #678537 22nd Nov 2023 11:39pm
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

Not just JLR, we have 120 parking bays, about 70 are occupied by vehicles awaiting parts - some, well five, have been there over 18 months. The majority (40+) of occupants on 'death row' are BEV's or hybrids. I've got 27 vehicles on my 'to do' list, all awaiting parts - not all are electronics, there are quite a few where the causal part is in stock but consequential or fasteners/seals etc. are backordered with no ETA.
Last year there was a shortage of a specific type of sump plug washer for about two months, we've also had shortages of screenwash - no-one has been able to explain why.

Post #678538 22nd Nov 2023 11:52pm
ChrisJC

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Aintree Green

"A spokesperson for JLR told Car Dealer: “As we deliver our commitment to become carbon net zero across our supply chain, products, and operations by 2039, we are streamlining parts distribution from multiple locations to one global super centre."

Well, their customers are carbon net zero as they can't drive their vehicles!

Chris. L405 - 4.4SDV8 Vogue
P38 - 4.6V8 HSE
Land Rover series IIA V8

Post #678545 23rd Nov 2023 8:17am
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue

They never learn and think they are so erudite.
All one location, having wiring harnesses all made in Ukraine worked well.
Just in time does not mean having zero buffer for contingency. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #678549 23rd Nov 2023 9:06am
dhallworth

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Baltic Blue

I called our local dealer on Monday to order a plastic blanking plug as they don't sell the seal separately. It's going to cost £51 when the seal should be less then £5.

Anyway, it was in stock at Land Rover and they said they'd order it to the dealership straight away... that was on Monday morning.

However, JLR are in the process of merging 5 different parts warehouses into 1 mega warehouse and as a result they're quoting 10 working days for delivery of the parts that THEY HAVE IN STOCK 🤬.

The dealers have said they've seen them coming through in 3 or 4 days so I'm really hoping this part I'm waiting for arrives tomorrow as we're going away for the weekend tomorrow afternoon and I really want to take the Range Rover.

What a totally insane time to decide to merge warehouses... dealers don't have room for cars so now JLR are adding further delays to the parts that they do have. Rolling Eyes 2002 4.6 Vogue SE - Alveston Red with Lightstone Leather
2007 Range Rover Supercharged in Java Black with Ivory Leather
2012 Range Rover 5.0 SC Autobiography in Indus Silver with Jet/Ivory Interior
2012 Range Rover 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography in Baltic Blue with Sand Interior

Post #678598 23rd Nov 2023 5:50pm
timoteiwa

United Kingdom 

My repair requires three separate parts. The one that is without ETA is a gasket.... Whistle

I know its a industry wide issue (also a problem in other industries), but if investments were made into supply chains and not carbon emissions marketing fluff then it would surely improve the situation

Post #678618 24th Nov 2023 10:27am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1