Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L405) > No TCU ‘available’
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
AnnualMan

Switzerland 
No TCU ‘available’

Since the vehicle software update feature on the car has never worked (just spins and spins), I thought I’d ask the service centre to have a little look.

1st response - all is well and you’re on the latest software sir
When I explained that it was the endless spinning that bothered me they dug a bit deeper.

2nd response - since it’s an import car from the Netherlands there is no TCU available.That’s why the car is searching endless since it does not have it.
So double check that he means the hardware is literally missing

3rd response - The TCU is physically in the car but not available. Probably only the e-call system is activated. It will be able to do Over the air updates.

So I’m a bit lost now. Can anyone translate fellas? Smile 2018 P400e AB LWB

Post #678864 27th Nov 2023 7:35pm
adara

Romania 2019 Range Rover Vogue 2.0 PHEV Santorini Black

1. How does your UIP look like?

2. Do you have the call buttons in the overhead console?

2019 Vogue P400e

Post #678877 27th Nov 2023 9:42pm
Kot

United Kingdom 
Re: No TCU ‘available’

I had to replace the TCU under warranty, do you have issues same as my last post on this thread? If so it could be faulty TCU. I cant believe the car came without a TCU module!

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic67290.html 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #678885 27th Nov 2023 11:24pm
AnnualMan

Switzerland 

I have the top right; mid-line. I also have the call buttons in the overhead console 2018 P400e AB LWB

Post #678896 28th Nov 2023 8:26am
AnnualMan

Switzerland 
Re: No TCU ‘available’

[quote="Kot"]

AnnualMan wrote:
Since the vehicle software update feature on the car has never worked (just spins and spins), I thought I’d ask the service centre to have a little look..................................

Not sure I fully followed the thread, but essentially everything works such as live traffic, the browser, ability to see trips, fuel levels, etc on the app, etc. The only problem is the vehicle software update spins and spins endlessly without conclusion (new software or no new software). Interestingly the 'Infotainment software' update works fine. 2018 P400e AB LWB

Post #678897 28th Nov 2023 9:08am
Kot

United Kingdom 

If all what I noted on my last reply works then you have no problem.
The vehicle software is for SOTA (software over the air) and I was told 2018 MY doesn’t have that ability for vehicle updates just Infotainment updates only.
Mine spins same for vehicle updates like yours even after my new repair and new TCU 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #678918 28th Nov 2023 2:34pm
AnnualMan

Switzerland 

Thanks Kot! Amazes me that the main dealer didn’t know this or decided not to tell me. There’s me thinking something’s broken when it’s normal.

However, the dealer did send me a screenshot showing SOTA ticked, and TCU ‘not available’ with a software version of 20.2. Red flag or nothing to worry about? 2018 P400e AB LWB

Post #678964 29th Nov 2023 10:00am
Kot

United Kingdom 

AnnualMan

below is the email sent to retailer support it was over a year ago so maybe things have changed, maybe TCU support via SOTA for our MY18 is available now or will be soon? My TCU was replaced end of April 2023 and latest software installed then so who knows? its still spinning Rolling with laughter . Only the 2019+MY guys can tell us what we are missing Rolling with laughter if anything! I wouldn't worry unless you have specific issues. As long as you have the Infotainment IMC update available by SOTA then no worries.
If you do have issues ie No SOS etc, and have a OBD2 reader then you can view TCU error codes here

https://www.jlridssddmongoose.com/diagnost...odule-tcu/

Hi
Below is a cut and paste from my local dealer's email in April, my IMC software is up to date and the vehicle searches when asked, for the software update, it replies software up to date as expected as this is enabled see line 1 of screenshot.

The second line is the TCU module where below, the dealer in April stated its not available “Yet” for my vehicle, and when I try to search for any software update it just continues to search in an ever lasting loop.

My question — Is this TCU SOTA software available now for my vehicle? if not when will it be available|? As the dealer indicated below its not available at present! That was April 2021

"As per our system these are the software levels your system is currently running, as you can see the TCU update is not available for your vehicle at present and the IMC software is at the latest available level.

The car should tell you if an update becomes available, if not you can always check with us, but these updates have to be sent to your car when they become available you cannot download and install them yourself, without us pressing a button.”
 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #678968 29th Nov 2023 10:41am
ajac8

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Baltic Blue

Is a TCU not missing on all pre 2018 cars? i.e no ability to use in control app as no telematics module to talk to app? 405 AB exec seats Baltic and Cirrus
93 RR Classic efi

Remember it's easier to get forgiveness than permission!

Gone in order:
4.4 TDV8 SE - gone to a good home
93 Classic hard dash Plymouth Blue
03 L322 Oslo Blue
2000 Disco TD5 ES Epsom Green
98 P38 Rioja Red
89 Classic Cairngorm Brown

Post #678970 29th Nov 2023 10:57am
DamianK

United Kingdom 

Can I ask - on my 2017 RR I have the ability to update the infotainment software but where is the vehicle software update found? When I go to 'Update Software' the only option is for the infotainment system (which certainly has its foibles!)

Post #679126 30th Nov 2023 1:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1