Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Dealership & Service Feedback > Somebody's taking the p**s
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Barmybrummie

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Santorini Black
Somebody's taking the p**s

2 weeks ago I took my car to a highly recommended (by locals) indy in raglan called MDP landrovers to have the passenger side intake manifold replaced as it was cracked. I dropped it off on a Saturday morning to collect the following Friday or Saturday and still not got my car back. After endless phones calls and promises by the owner to call me back with updates, I get nothing. Spoke to him Monday gone and said he was waiting for some gaskets to be delivered and car will be ready Friday. So Friday morning I call and spoke to someone else there who told me they still waiting for the intake manifold to be delivered. Of course as you can imagine I let rip at him and asked which one of you is bullsh*****g me? He said the car went on test drive on Wednesday to which I replied no it hasn't because it hasn't moved for 6 days 14 hours and 22 minutes according to the tracker, so can you stop lying to me and give me a straight answer. I'm sorry sir was the reply, I've just got back from paternity leave. Ok, welcome to the world of sleepless nights, however that doesn't give me an answer as to when my car will be ready so who else can tell me? Owner isn't back in until Tuesday was the reply. Oh right, so nobody knows about anything that needs to be worked on when he's away then?
Which now means I have to hire a car for the weekend, are you going to reimburse me for that are you? I can't answer that, you can't answer a lot of questions lately without lying.
I was under the impression that it's a 4 hour job to replace it so why is it taking 2 weeks to sort out out? Still can't get a straight answer.
I finish work on Thursday morning for Xmas when I get back from France so it had better be ready by then or I will be charging my hire car to yourselves for use over Xmas.

Is it really a 4 hour job to replace the intake manifold and what is the parts supply like for these parts? I looked on advanced factors and they got them in stock so I can't see them being in short supply. Anybody else had problems with an Indy fobbing then off? Quite frankly it's gone beyond a joke.

Post #680528 17th Dec 2023 12:26pm
kevinp

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

I feel for you on this subject. My car was diagnosed as needing 2 new turbo's at about 7 grand by a recommended Indy. While waiting for the booking date to arrive I discovered the true fault that cost me nothing.
I think you need to arrange a reasonable time for the work to be done or 'they' compensate you for over booking, lying etc. unless there is a legitamate reason for the delay.
It annoys me when they 'guess' the fault or the availabilty of parts before they start the work.

Post #680540 17th Dec 2023 4:21pm
RRV8SC

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Is the car still drivable? If so, move on

Post #680563 17th Dec 2023 7:01pm
Barmybrummie

I didn't think it would be that bad and take that long. Sadly no, it's still in bits otherwise I would have been long gone. Won't be using them again.

Post #680694 18th Dec 2023 9:09pm
Gsxr1250dave

England 

My mate was tolled he needed a new turbo by 2 different garages I plugged my gap tool in spent 10 mins checking codes replaced his maf sensor job done £45 part.
This is on his sport but goes to show you just who is ripping who off

Post #680726 19th Dec 2023 11:20am
Barmybrummie

I definitely knew it was the passenger side intake manifold, I sprayed soapy water on it and it bubbled up. They did so a smoke test on it and confirmed it. Just the time it's been taking. Spoke to them again today and assured me it will be done tomorrow (Wednesday). I told them as long it's done by Thursday for when I get back from France from working and that's me done until new year. So let's see what happens eh?

Post #680776 19th Dec 2023 8:16pm
gettingold

United Kingdom 

What do you think the bill will be (through gritted teeth)?. visiting from www.rrsport.co.uk

Post #680796 20th Dec 2023 7:07am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1