Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > L322 TD6 2003 EAS crossover valve air pipe connection
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Kimbel

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue 4.2 SC V8 Barolo Black
L322 TD6 2003 EAS crossover valve air pipe connection

Hi all need to ask for a bit of help.
How do you remove and reconnect the plastic air pipe (shown in the picture) that (I think) feeds the solenoid/crossover valve situated just in front of the aluminium air tank?
I’ve taken my valve off to check, and hopefully rebuild/fix but have damaged the black pipe by forcefully pulling it off. I’m hoping the pipe is recoverable but may have to modify to make it air tight again.
Anybody technically up on these able to advise how it should come off/go back on please.

Post #682597 13th Jan 2024 3:02pm
Kimbel

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue 4.2 SC V8 Barolo Black
Fixed

To answer my own post - in case it can help anyone else trying to service the ‘unserviceable’ solenoid crossover valve.
1) The air feed hose from the compressor is a push fit which should release if you push the raised shoulder where it enters the valve block. Mine was seized so I damaged the 8mm pipe pulling it off.
Fix was to cut and fit a stainless steel 90 degree elbow push fitting with a short piece of new air hose.
I removed the valve block due to only one rear strut raising after fitting a new front leg.

2)Vehicle not lifting was caused by 3 of the 4 one way valves being seized due to water damage (the air tank had about half a litre of water in).
All internet searches came back with the individual valves are not serviceable on the early valve block, just seals. So I thought ok I’ll get a new one……. OEM = nearly £700! And aftermarket were £250 so that idea went out the window.
Fix was to disassemble the block and spray each valve with electrical contact cleaner while pushing the valve up and down with a small jewellers screwdriver. This eventually freed them off and then I sprayed each with silicone lube before reassembling with a new seal kit from 4x4airseals.
Total cost was under £40 ….. £19 for the seals, £10 for the hose connector and pipe, and £8 at Halfords for the sprays.
Vehicle now raises and drops on the button. Hope this helps someone in the future.

Post #683847 25th Jan 2024 10:10am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1