Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > P050E-00 (6C)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
JMC

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey
P050E-00 (6C)

Thought I had a problem today - As soon as I started the car, I got a Red Warning, restricted performance. 🫤

Switched off, locked the car and left it for a few minutes. Jumped back in, fired her up and all seemed well..... Then, about 500m from the house, up came the Red Warning again.😡

Back to the drive, changed cars, did what needed to be done elsewhere, then home to investigate the Rangie issue. Started her up and still had the problem. Got the GAP iid tool out and found the following codes.

We know about P040D code - standard 4.4 TDV8 'issue' which most cars show and which is probably best left alone. A replacement temperature probe will sort it, but it's a real pig of a job and might not be worth the hassle. However, the P050E code is fairly unusual and caused me some concern. I cleared the codes and fired her up again, but it came back.

Long story short, I cleared the codes again and let the car idle for a bit, then all was well. A road test which included 4k revs and excessive speed resulted in no issues.

It transpires that after a period of icy temps (as we've just had), it's possible for the exhaust temp probe to have some ice on it from condensation in the exhaust. Meanwhile, the ambient air temp rises (6deg today) and the mismatch causes the fault. As with so many things these days, it's the sensors which are causing the issues, not the mechanicals themselves. The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile

Post #683345 20th Jan 2024 7:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1