Home > General (L460 2022) > P400 MPG - Cornwall to London
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
NavinIyapah

United Kingdom 
P400 MPG - Cornwall to London

Click image to enlarge

Hi Guys, have been a member here for a while, but more of the voyeur type lol. Have had a few L322’s and a couple of. L405s in the past but all diesel. More recently I’ve had 992’s and a Cayenne Coupe Turbo but have come back to Range Rover life in the last 12 months or so with a P400 HSE in Eiger Grey with an Ebony Interior.

Enough of that now, I recently went away to Cornwall and my return journey saw this MPG which I wasn’t totally disappointed in. See photo attached

Around town, the P400 probably isn’t much better than my Cayenne Turbo was, even with the lightweight pack but on the motor way it seems to beat it. I have been toying with the idea of chopping it in and replacing it with a D350because of the terrible MPG around town (really struggle to get it over 23/24 mpg)but I’m no so sure now after that run.

I was driving relatively frugally, and anyone that’s driven to and from Cornwall will know that there are a fair few hills over the motors ways too and from London. But I reckon I could possible squeeze 600 miles from the tank and a long run!

Anyway, that’s all from me.

Hope I didn’t bore too many of you.

Navin

Post #684251 29th Jan 2024 8:55pm
adara

Romania 2019 Range Rover Vogue 2.0 PHEV Santorini Black

In my opinion, these values, both in and outside the city, are very good for a 2600kg car! 2019 Vogue P400e

Post #684284 30th Jan 2024 8:00am
Phil.

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

The D350 would have given 45mpg on the same run. Mine hit 50mpg once during a tour of Scotland last summer. It’s a lovely smooth drive train too with 700nm of waftey torque. MY23 D350 HSE
On my 7th RR plus various other JLR vehicles

Post #684461 31st Jan 2024 8:54pm
EdJ

United Kingdom 

Thanks for posting Navin! That is very impressive. I have the P550e arriving soon and am I right in thinking it's the same petrol engine in the hybrid? 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #686292 23rd Feb 2024 4:10pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

Impressive mpg! Does saving a couple hundred pounds a year on your town driving fuel warrant chopping it in already, though? I mean cost-wise with depreciation etc. I personally have turned off from diesel despite the fact it’s well suit to large heavy cars.… you might miss the high-revving surge of a petrol engine. An L460 for me would be a P550e AB. Trouble is, my fatty will be 5 years old in November yet drives like new and I can’t come up with the £100k cost to change when I know - as awesome as it would be - it cannot possibly be 3x better than my grand old lady. Still, I’m jealous. Welcome to the forum. Share a pic of the whole thing. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso

Post #686321 23rd Feb 2024 11:42pm
vanquishspirit

United Kingdom 

adara wrote:
In my opinion, these values, both in and outside the city, are very good for a 2600kg car!

I also have the D350 and agree with these figures. I have had them all, 3.5, 3.9, 4.6, 4.4, 4.2 SC, 5.0 SC and now the D350 and its a fantastic pairing for the vehicle. I would not move to the petrol SC again as whilst enormous fun, its just too much unnecessary power and speed for such a large car. Most of the time my better half is telling me slow down nowadays anyway, and if I am on my own and want to push on the D350 will surprise very pleasingly with shift to Sport and Dynamic. And then there is the massive MPG ....whats not to like? 2006 S/C owned from new. Black, sand with black inserts. Shes a thirsty girl. ( now gone)

1972 Suffix A fully restored 2 door

1970, chassis number 26 the first of the press launch cars, Masai Red

2013 4.4SDV8 Autobiograpahy

Post #687034 3rd Mar 2024 11:07am
NavinIyapah

United Kingdom 

EdJ wrote:
Thanks for posting Navin! That is very impressive. I have the P550e arriving soon and am I right in thinking it's the same petrol engine in the hybrid?

Yes you’re right, they both use the straight six Ingenium engine.

I’ve currently been given a P510e SV courtesy car while mines in for some minor warranty work. My option is that you really MUST have full use of the battery everyday to even begin to
See better fuel consumption figures over a non PHEV. Plodding about town I’ve seen no higher than 19mpg and on longer motorway and A road drives nothing over 24mpg. This however is only based over 400 miles or so and I haven’t charged the battery. Not for want of trying though. It won’t connect when I’ve tried shells fast charger or others I’ve come across.

But one thing is for sure, you definitely feel the weight of the batteries, without doubt.

Post #688759 23rd Mar 2024 7:57am
NavinIyapah

United Kingdom 

ilard wrote:
Impressive mpg! Does saving a couple hundred pounds a year on your town driving fuel warrant chopping it in already, though? I mean cost-wise with depreciation etc. I personally have turned off from diesel despite the fact it’s well suit to large heavy cars.… you might miss the high-revving surge of a petrol engine. An L460 for me would be a P550e AB. Trouble is, my fatty will be 5 years old in November yet drives like new and I can’t come up with the £100k cost to change when I know - as awesome as it would be - it cannot possibly be 3x better than my grand old lady. Still, I’m jealous. Welcome to the forum. Share a pic of the whole thing.

I’ve since ditched the idea of trading her in, fallen in love with the smoothness of the straight 6. It truly is whisper quiet and delivers all the performance you want and need the wafty nature of the car demands. I’m currently sporting a P510e SV and must say that whilst a lovely piece of kit ( not the SV) the engine it’s a damn heavy truck and you certainly notice the weight!!

Post #688760 23rd Mar 2024 8:01am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1