Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > driver side washer not working
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Old-un

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Causeway Grey
driver side washer not working

All washers working except driver's side windscreen. Ive had this before on other cars and it's usually a quick fix as the supply tube has popped off the washer nipple and just needs popping back.

Yikes, what a surprise on inspection, looks a bit complicated to me with electrics going to the nipple as well as water. Can't see any lose wires or water splashing about on operation, passenger side working perfectly. not being particularly electrically minded I'm at a bit of a loss.

Could this possibly be down to a fuse somewhere ? I shall check tomorrow for any blockage in the water supply pipe beyond the passenger side washer as that's working ok and washer tube continues on from there to serve the affected one.

Any advice, comments or suggestions welcome.
Fortunately the overspray from the passenger side washer half covers the driver side so still safe to drive (until next MOT) RR owner

Post #684347 30th Jan 2024 8:33pm
Baltic Blue

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Baltic Blue

It’s not an electrical fault if the passenger side is working ok, so probably just a blocked drivers side jet that can be fixed by poking in a needle, but also could be the water tube getting kinked as the bonnet closes ?
The wires going to the front jets are for the heating elements in the jets to stop them freezing up.
Each jet also contains a non return valve to stop the fluid draining back.

PS
I have spent over an hour this afternoon getting my rear washer squirting again for the umpteenth time.
That was mainly a blocked jet this time. Thumbs Up
Mike. G reg 2.5VM Vogue Portofino red 1991- 1999
V reg 2.5td P38 Rioja red 1999- 2006
53 reg td6 Vogue Oslo blue 2006- 2015
11 reg 4.4 TdV8 Vogue SE. Baltic blue 2015- date.
https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic56162...tty+affair

Post #684356 30th Jan 2024 8:59pm
Old-un

So far --- disconnected washer fluid tube from the washer jet and fluid is reaching, disconnected wires from the jet in case there was some sort of malfunction in its operation.

Still cannot clear the apparent blockage, under a pressure pump cannot get air through the jet either way and have tried to clear any blockage also with pins and fusewire.

I can only assume the possibility that there is an electrical problem that is affecting the operation of the jet internally or the none return is malfunctioning ?

I don't really know where to go from here not even having any other than very basic auto electrical knowledge. I suppose i could purchase another driver's side jet ( if you can still find one for a 2011 RR )

Any other advice/suggestions very welcome. RR owner

Post #684439 31st Jan 2024 6:04pm
Merchy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

The washer jet wires are for heating elements, nothing else, so it is probably the non return valve that is stuck, it is not a huge job to fit a new jet / nozzle.

Post #684478 31st Jan 2024 11:28pm
Old-un

Good information , thanks ,I will take the nozzle off and try further to clear it with a garage airline but before I do I'll get a replacement in case of damage getting it out given how brittle plastic can get after suffering heat for 12 years, already accidentally snapped two plastic cable ties during my efforts today.

Ebay looks best bet given the price of a new nozzle elsewhere. RR owner

Post #684479 31st Jan 2024 11:43pm
Baltic Blue

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Baltic Blue

I bought a big syringe off eBay that I fill with hot water to force through the pipes and jets until they are clear, but it is usually the back one on mine. I had to change the non return valve a few years back because it wouldn’t clear.

Mike. G reg 2.5VM Vogue Portofino red 1991- 1999
V reg 2.5td P38 Rioja red 1999- 2006
53 reg td6 Vogue Oslo blue 2006- 2015
11 reg 4.4 TdV8 Vogue SE. Baltic blue 2015- date.
https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic56162...tty+affair

Post #684494 1st Feb 2024 9:10am
nicedayforit

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Giverny Green

You need a new nozzle assembly. Thumbs Up
If you take the old nozzle apart you will find a flimsy plastic non return valve inside it. This thing gets dislodged for some reason and blocks the water flow.I have a suspicion it gets dislodged by freezing / thawing.If you are desperate you can just remove this bit of plastic, reassemble the nozzle and put it back on the car, it will then work as normal.
Why this non return valve is in there is beyond me, just another unnecessary LR complication.

Post #684496 1st Feb 2024 10:03am
JayGee

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

NR valves are to stop fluid in the hoses draining back so you don't get a delay in fluid spray on the screen and have the wipers sweeping on a dry screen causing wear to the blades and possible scratching of the screen. NR valves are cheap to buy - you don't have to get the JLR part 2012 TDV8 Vogue (L322)

Post #684499 1st Feb 2024 10:26am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1