Home > Technical (L405) > Intermittent Sdv8 2015 gearbox chirp
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Andyitech

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Barolo Black
Intermittent Sdv8 2015 gearbox chirp

Hi, fully new to this forum after lurking for some time

I’ve owned my 2015 Sdv8 vogue autobiography for 2 years now and since purchase I’ve loved it and equipped it with the SVO kit, all black. I love it

I’ve had problems with the turbo actuator not turning off (turn the engine off and it keeps staying alive for 20 seconds then dies until I start it back up)

New actuator and problem solved

I’ve had issues with the transfer box fluid which I changed a few weeks ago and now it turns perfect

The issue I can not find help to is very intermittently about once a week, when normal driving shifting from second to third I get some hiccups followed by 2 chirp noises then it behaves perfectly normal.

I’m thinking maybe a gearbox service might solve it but figured I’d ask here if anyone has any idea if the gearbox service doesn’t solve it

If the transfer box fluid was old, maybe the gearbox fluid is too

Car is on 89K miles

The chirping noise sounds like a wet rubber vaccume pipe struggling for air, it’s always 2 chirps directly after the car hiccups before going in gear

It happens when warm and when cold

I can not force it to happen and for months now no one believed me until finally it happened with someone in the car, so now I have someone to back me up!

Issue has been driving me crazy and I’m thinking if I ever sell the car, it’ll 100% be returned within a week or two because I’ve had fears the gearbox is broken.

Behaves itself 99% of the time it’s just the random hiccuping and where is the chirping coming from?

Chirping sounds like as I’m driving it’s from the front right but that’s just because I’m sitting that side of the car

No error codes, no smells no smoke just some hiccups and 2 (always 2!) chirp founds about a second apart when it’s happening.

Gearbox isn’t on a vaccume or anything that could be blocked is it?

Many thanks I look forward to reading your guys opinions

EDIT: taken it to 2 garages and let them have the car for a week each and both haven’t experienced the issue, I’m not going crazy because now someone else has experienced it with me

Post #684779 5th Feb 2024 12:19pm
kevinp

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

I have had the same noise on my L322 for the last 2 years. I've changed the fluid along with a new pan and checked all the mountings etc and it still does it but strangely it has stopped the last few months and I don't know why!

Post #684792 5th Feb 2024 2:23pm
fisha

2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aruba

Do you hear the chirp from the engine bay? V8 or else ...

Post #684850 6th Feb 2024 1:59am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1