Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > L460 Apps disappearing
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
vanquishspirit

United Kingdom 
L460 Apps disappearing

When I purchased my L460 it had a useful app , Ringo, which allowed me to pay for my carpark from my car. Its disappeared now and I cannot see how to get it back. IN fact I cannot really get to grips with what the apps do. I know that there are so called Apps which are part of the car tech loaded by the factory , but is there anything else one can load and use on the main screen? Not sure if I have explained that very well , if not apologies. In effect, my one an only useful non LR app has disappeared and I dont know how to get it back or any other more useful non LR apps! thanks Andrew 2006 S/C owned from new. Black, sand with black inserts. Shes a thirsty girl. ( now gone)

1972 Suffix A fully restored 2 door

1970, chassis number 26 the first of the press launch cars, Masai Red

2013 4.4SDV8 Autobiograpahy

Post #686952 2nd Mar 2024 12:22pm
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

RingGo works via CarPlay.

Post #686963 2nd Mar 2024 2:31pm
vanquishspirit

United Kingdom 

Thankyou. But what is CarPlay and how do I access it please ? 2006 S/C owned from new. Black, sand with black inserts. Shes a thirsty girl. ( now gone)

Post #687012 3rd Mar 2024 12:37am
Richie N

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Baltic Blue

It’s for iPhones, do you have one? It mirrors your iPhone in the car.

https://www.apple.com/uk/ios/carplay/

Post #687015 3rd Mar 2024 6:14am
vanquishspirit

United Kingdom 

Thanks Richie and Philip. Sorry of course I know what CarPlay is and I must have been having a brain fog yesterday when I replied.

HOWEVER, the Ringo App used to appear on my main LR Apps page. Thats the one with All the different controls such as Climate, Seats, Towbar deployment , Side steps etc etc. So I reckon it must have been a factory loaded programme. Then it just disappeared. I found it very useful as when I pulled into a parking area I could simply press the icon and it had already had my debit card loaded into it ( it prompted me to do this when I first used it) and would allow me to pay from my seat. Now I also have it on my Iphone and I know I can use that, but I would like to know where and why it has disappeared!
Also, without resorting to Car Play are there any other apps that I can get to load on the main LR Apps page? Perhaps a 1st world problem to be fair! 2006 S/C owned from new. Black, sand with black inserts. Shes a thirsty girl. ( now gone)

Post #687028 3rd Mar 2024 10:12am
DJIT

United Kingdom 

My L460 has just turned 12 months old and the Alexa app has fallen off and I cannot reload it. Maybe its a coincidence but at the same time I've noticed the mobile network has changed from O2 to EE. Beginning to think this might be something to do with the apps dropping off.

Post #687854 12th Mar 2024 11:35am
Tom1010

United Kingdom 

DJIT, mine did too, it was a real faff to figure out. On the Pivi Pro, I logged out and back in again, then found Alexa on the page of apps and set it up again. It doesn’t immediately come back… next day it was back and working again.

If it’s not that - could it be that you didn’t renew online pack? At £460 or whatever it costs, I’m not going to bother!

Post #687902 12th Mar 2024 8:56pm
vanquishspirit

United Kingdom 

Mine also stopped after 12 months. However I did pay the tracker thingy , is that the online pack? I have slightly lost the will with this. No idea what’s what tbh. Not at all intuitive and no explanation anywhere. I did like the on screen parking app though 2006 S/C owned from new. Black, sand with black inserts. Shes a thirsty girl. ( now gone)

Post #687904 12th Mar 2024 9:04pm
Tom1010

United Kingdom 

Secure Tracker Pro is a separate subscription to the Online Pack. You need Online Pack if you want to use Internet through the infotainment system (Pivi Pro): Alexa, Spotify, Weather, etc.

Re: RingGo, it would appear that JLR have dropped the app all together. I suspect the view is, it’s available via Apple CarPlay and Android Auto so why would they bother supporting it.

Post #687928 12th Mar 2024 11:58pm
vanquishspirit

United Kingdom 

Ok thanks for that , well I dont need the online and would not know how to renew it anyway! Clear as mud thank you LR, sorry Range Rover! 2006 S/C owned from new. Black, sand with black inserts. Shes a thirsty girl. ( now gone)

Post #688005 13th Mar 2024 6:11pm
DJIT

United Kingdom 

Quick update from me. My Alexa app fell off after 12 months and at the same time the car's e-sim moved from O2 to EE. Maybe a coincidence, maybe not).

Two weeks ago a message started to appear on the screen asking me to reset the Alexa app and to confirm the email address to send the registration process to. There was a second box on the screen that should have contained a QR code but that box was empty.

Every time I clicked the option (on the left) to send an email it errored, saying there was a fault try again later.

I went on holiday last week and left things as they were.

Over the weekend I started the car for the first time after a week and the screen asked me to register my email and user name. I did this and the Alexa app came back to life.

So, in my experience, they have fixed the apps issue and once you log in with your email and password (like you would have done when you first registered the car) , the app comes back to life. (Yes I had forgotten my password and had to reset it, but got there in the end!!).

Hope this helps.

Post #689755 2nd Apr 2024 4:48pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Slightly different techie question… maybe related

I use a. iPhone. For some reason more often than not it logs me in as an android so I have to correct the car to Apple car play in the car menu.. Of course doesn’t work until corrected.

Maybe that’s the issue for. Vanquish Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #689802 3rd Apr 2024 10:54am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1