Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > " RED" Restrictive Performance
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Nylands

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Zambezi Silver

Hi all

I have booked a smoke test for Tuesday next as suggested above. I have found that the car returned to running OK without a "restrictive performance" coming in, and NOT exceeding 2500rpm barrier however. I have also downloaded the works manual and found reference to the MAP sensor for P006A 00 code.

Now I have double checked the sensor - LR125298 - under the top engine cover and in the donut and used a toothpick to ensure that it was actually cleaned properly for the second time- not all the four slots were cleared 1st time. Add to this that a run up and down the motorway cleared the PDF earlier in the week I now ponder! On the drivetoday I pushed the revs up and beyond the 2500/3000 revs without any warnings appearance of any smoke or dash warnings. There was no load on the car or speed obviously but could this be taken that my issues here have all resulted from Not cleaning the sensor "properly" in the first place??? Or just wishful thinking on my part.

I'll see what comes of the smoke test Tuesday but any more thoughts would be appreciated as confusion remains here.

Cheers Whistle
Cheers

Post #690004 5th Apr 2024 4:41pm
JayGee

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

A dirty map sensor won't cause any issues other than a slight hesitation on engine pickup. You realy need to put it under some load to get the 2nd turbo going so drive it in Sport mode on a quiet road. While a smoke test ( must be high pressure) will find a leak a leak won't neccessarily throw a resticted perf warnin an dteh main culprit is usualy the turbo crossover valve - do a search on here as sticky actuators are a common issue until teh last year of production where they were updated 2012 TDV8 Vogue (L322)

Post #690005 5th Apr 2024 4:48pm
Nylands

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Zambezi Silver

Hi JayGee
Thanks for the feedback. Well the code error that came up with the gap tool diagnosis did refer to that sensor. Must say that it’s no wonder I’m confused but appreciate there may well be other factors causing the restrictive performance.

Onwards and upwards.

Post #690009 5th Apr 2024 5:34pm
JayGee

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

Do the >2500rpm test on the road and see what faults it throws. The code may not actualy be the MAP sensor and just an unexpected value outside operating paramters so could be a leak. 2012 TDV8 Vogue (L322)

Post #690013 5th Apr 2024 5:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123