Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > SRS Light comes on after taking out front drivers seat
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
pcourtney

England 2011 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Sumatra Black
SRS Light comes on after taking out front drivers seat

This is so infuriating, its happened on my old 2004 Vogue ( BMW based car )

Have tried a lot of things, but not getting anywhere fast Sad

1) have moved both seats forward and back with the ignition switched on but the engine not started
2) have also tried this with the engine on
3) have taken out the battery and thoroughly cleaned all the small wires around positive battery terminal, some of them were suffering a little corrosion, but all good now
4) looked under both front seats for any wiring / chaffing issues, all looks perfect

NB many years ago someone posted the comment below - Quote "I had the issue twice on my 2004 V8 4.4 and once on a friends car, and every time it has shown the fault as the "battery disconnect unit" which has a pyrotechnic charge that disconnects the positive lead on the battery in the event of a serious enough crash to trigger the SRS. Fortunately all three times I have cleared it with the RSW allcomms scanner software"

NB from what I understand when this SRS light is on, all the Airbags are disabled, which is not good, what have I missed, any tips / ideas greatly appreciated, need to get it sorted before my MOT !

Last edited by pcourtney on 20th Apr 2024 3:14pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #685589 13th Feb 2024 11:36pm
pcourtney

England 2011 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Sumatra Black

Just to update, the SRS warning on the dash was cleared using an AUTEL scanner the day before it passed its MOT, we think it was a persistent error code that was not able to be cleared using other OBD scanners, and we think it was related to taking out the front drivers seat and when we put it all back it might have trigggered the SRS error, who knows, sorted now Smile

Post #690980 20th Apr 2024 3:12pm
garyRR

United Kingdom 

You'll get an SRS light because the airbag module will register a communication error with the squib for the airbag. These modules also run for a period with the ignition off, so unless the battery was disconnected throughout, it would register a DTC.

A decent scanner is needed to clear SRS ECU DTCs. 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 SDV8

Post #691004 20th Apr 2024 11:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1