Home > General > L322 4.4 RR Virgin questions - EAS, Memory seats, rear enter
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
RR8701

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black
L322 4.4 RR Virgin questions - EAS, Memory seats, rear enter

Hey Guys,

Im sooo glad that ive finally purchased a range rover 54 plate ive always wanted. I have a few quick questions for anyone who realllyyy is a landy fan/bofin ...

1) I have seen some RR's automatically go into access height with the ignition is turned off/or central locked, how do you set this? and is it bad for the car as mine just stays in the normal height and its a bit of a climb to get in Razz hehe

2) When I turn the ignition off, my seat doesnt move full back but my steering moves a little. is this a setting .... this car is so complicated ... I test drove one and when i turned the ignition to "I" it moved to a stored setting and when i turned engine off and opened the door everything moved away. the one i bought doesnt do this.... how do i set this...

3) also to my surpriseeee i have the factory option for the reat roof mount screen... howww on earth does this get sounndddddd i managed to work the actual dvd

please help boysss......

oh ps. the forward backward feature on my steering wheel isnt fully funtional, it moves up and down fully but maybe 1cm back and forth, but i did find information on that, on how to fix as it might be a nut or bolt or something (cant rememebr off the top of my blonde head) and yess even though im a girll im going to try and fix it hehe....

thanks in advance guys, ill pop into the newbie section soon and post some pics...

oh yeah ... one more thing, these beastsss rock !!!!

Post #75689 11th Aug 2011 1:26pm
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green

Congrats on your purchase! Get some pics up of your new beast!

1, this isn't automatic - you have to press the button on the door or on the dash to drop into access mode.

2, The seat shouldn't move unless you ask it to - the steering wheel should however move in, but it will only move in until it reaches its "stop" The seat will move to your stored position when you unlock the car - if you have previously moved it.

3, You may find the screen will only give sound to the RF headphones - possibly not included?

4, The steering wheel is a PITA, take the shroud off around it, get a torch and have a look see whats going on in there!

Good luck!

Dan

Post #75691 11th Aug 2011 1:36pm
pretlove

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

welcome and pics please.....oh and of the ff Thumbs Up "RANGEISM WILL NOT BE TOLERATED"
www.futuresecurityservices.co.uk
Pretlove says , '' I want my car back Sad "

Post #75700 11th Aug 2011 2:01pm
RR8701

Hey. Thanks for the replies guys. I will defo post some pics up when I'm home tonight.

Oh that's strange there was one range rover I test drove and when you put the key in the ignition and turned to 'I' it moved to a memory setting and when u turned car Off and took key out it moved the seat and steering wheel fully back and away.

I think as for ride height maybe the guy got it programmed for it to lower when he locked it. Hmmmm.

Oh sorry but what does pita stand for lol hehe

Post #75723 11th Aug 2011 2:59pm
pretlove

if you pull up and then press the button (turn knob) to put it in access hieght it will stop doing it once you open the door and will only continue to lower once the door is shut so maybe this is what gave you the impression it was doing it once he locked the car "RANGEISM WILL NOT BE TOLERATED"

Post #75724 11th Aug 2011 3:04pm
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green

RR8701 wrote:
Hey. Thanks for the replies guys. I will defo post some pics up when I'm home tonight.

Oh that's strange there was one range rover I test drove and when you put the key in the ignition and turned to 'I' it moved to a memory setting and when u turned car Off and took key out it moved the seat and steering wheel fully back and away.

I think as for ride height maybe the guy got it programmed for it to lower when he locked it. Hmmmm.

PITA = Pain in the ass

It's not possible to program the car to lower on lock/exit. For safety sake you may be off road and parked over a rock which would then puncture your fuel tank etc...

As for the seat memory, there are several options, but I don't think the seat will move on exit - it can be programmed to move to pre-set upon door open, but then you'd need to manually move it back fwd every time you get in the car etc. The S/wheel should move up and in when you take the key out of the ign so it gets out of your way....

The seat doesn't really move fast enough to be of any benefit when exiting.

D

Post #75732 11th Aug 2011 3:31pm
RR8701

Hey All,

Thank you for the answer, as for the access height etc it completley makes sense why would the RR always go down when locked. Doh to me!

anyway I was trying to post up pics but eh I actually dont know how to. can someone give me a quick guide, I know there seems to be an IMG* button but I got no idea what it does.

thanks
[/img]

Post #76865 20th Aug 2011 7:26pm
wackyjim

Scotland 2011 Range Rover SE TDV8 Santorini Black

dan_uk_1984 wrote:
RR8701 wrote:

PITA = Pain in the ass

It's not possible to program the car to lower on lock/exit. For safety sake you may be off road and parked over a rock which would then puncture your fuel tank etc...

As for the seat memory, there are several options, but I don't think the seat will move on exit - it can be programmed to move to pre-set upon door open, but then you'd need to manually move it back fwd every time you get in the car etc. The S/wheel should move up and in when you take the key out of the ign so it gets out of your way....

The seat doesn't really move fast enough to be of any benefit when exiting.

D

Not sure about 2004 model but my seat moves back and steering wheel rises up the minute I open the door to leave the car and when I go back into the car and switch ignition on everything goes back to preset position.

Post #76869 20th Aug 2011 8:09pm
pretlove

if you want to use the img button to post pics you copy the url of the pic and paste it after you click the img button then again at the end of the url you click the img button again if you havnt got your pics saved on a website then you need to save them to your gallery first

for example:

[img]url of pic here[/img] "RANGEISM WILL NOT BE TOLERATED"

Post #76897 20th Aug 2011 11:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1