Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Touchscreen interference and MP3 discs don't work.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green
Touchscreen interference and MP3 discs don't work.

Yesterday I got a big scare, when I started the car (May 2005 build, 2006 MY Supercharged), the touchscreen was all interference. Horizontal lines, black/white flickering on the screen. Switching off the engine and starting again had no effect. After I came back from my meeting (2 hours later) I had no problems. The engine didn't fire the first time (something that I can't remember happening before), maybe that had something to do with it (voltage spike in the electronics ???), would be surprised if it did but who knows.

During the interference the screen may have been functional, because when I pressed it, it sounded like things were happening, I just couldn't see what Sad

Has anyone got an idea on what is going on and what I can do to prevent/resolve it ?? I have got the car for almost a year and I never had any problem like this.

The other problem is that I can not get the MP3 discs working. I have set up the folder structure exactly like specified in the manual, one layer of folders, names less than 20 characters, less than 20 MP3s per folder. Message is invalid disc. The disc was a good quality Philips, burnt in a single session. Does anyone have an idea what the problem is ?? The normal audio CDs (originals, not burned) work fine in the CD changer. MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #78951 3rd Sep 2011 9:49am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1