Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > 3 child seats in the back of a FFRR - is it possible?!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
bazn

United Kingdom 
3 child seats in the back of a FFRR - is it possible?!

Does anyone currently run their FFRR with 3 kids? I'm looking to upgrade my car in 6-12 months and am doing my research and window shopping already but need to know if you can comfortably fit 3 kids seats in the back. Kids are currently in a first stage seat (for a 1yr old), high backed booster (5yr old) and a regular booster (7yr old).

Most of the time SWMBO'd will be doing the driving with the kids due to our work patterns so fitting 3 in the back all of the time isn't necessary but there will be the times when it will happen (alternate weekends, holidays, etc.) and need to know it's possible!

We rented a Volvo XC-90 a few weeks ago and loved it, SWMBO'd liked it having 7 seats, but I'm trying to steer her towards the FFRR as an alternative which I prefer.

As we're still a way off chopping in our current car, I've not been round dealers to do any test fitting as I don't want to waste their time and when researching, I came across this forum where everyone seems very helpful and friendly!

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Barry

Post #81793 16th Sep 2011 2:17pm
bozmandb9

I say the rear seat of the FFRR is really designed for two adults. You would be able to get three child seats in, but it would not be easy.

The best solution would be one of the modular arrangements which fit together as an all in one solution. A sort of bench that you click the child seats into.

Cheers,

David Range Rover-less at the moment - Pining!

Post #81804 16th Sep 2011 2:24pm
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

Hi Barry, I would say it is doable. We have been sitting in the back with our daughter in the middle in a KiddyPro Comfort seat (a stage 2 seat, she is 14 months), our driver was in the driver seat. The baby seat takes up quite a bit of space (width) but still it wasn't too bad for us. It wasn't great either, with the stage 1 it was a bit easier because it is lower. I think it would work with three kids in the back for some years though because they are smaller and shorter. I suggest to go for a test drive with the kids and boosters on the back seat and see how that works out.
As for the Volvo, they are nice cars but not as nice as a FFRR (I have had a lot of Volvo rental cars this summer during our vacation in Europe). MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #81834 16th Sep 2011 3:52pm
sleepezy

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

I have 3 kids how regularly use the back seat - it was one of the reasons we got the FFRR. They are 5,8 and 9 and use 2 high backed boosters and one booster cushion.

They do have to mind out of each others way when plugging in seatbelts but find it comfortable spacewise, even on long journeys.

They may struggle if you try to use 3 high backed boosters, but as soon as one is onto the cushions then put them in the middle and it is simple enough.

Post #81841 16th Sep 2011 4:26pm
azure111s

I can't get 3 kids' seats in the back of the FFRR (2011.5MY) - that's a combination of full backed seats for a 5 and 6 year old and no-backed boosters. Bit of a PITA really, as it was easy in the D3s I had.

Post #81935 16th Sep 2011 10:19pm
bozmandb9

This is what you want!

http://www.multimac.co.uk/what_it_is Range Rover-less at the moment - Pining!

Post #81945 16th Sep 2011 10:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1