Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Rear wash wiper dead. Not the motor???
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
tsadpt

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Oslo Blue
Rear wash wiper dead. Not the motor???

Hi everyone,

So my rear wash wipe has packed up, and I naturally assumed it was the motor, so I whipped it out and bench tested it, and it works fine.... Except there is no voltage from the connector to the motor....

I have checked the fuses in both the glove box and the boot, and both are fine....

A wireing diagram I have refers to a rear screen wiper ecu (D114)... Anyone have any idea where this is located and what it looks like? Also the wiring diagram looks as though it is connected to a lighting switch module (D183). Why would the rear screen wiper need any input from a lighting module?

Thanks in advance,

David.

Post #83362 22nd Sep 2011 10:25pm
47p2

Scotland 

The control module is beside the motor....

Quote:
The rear wiper and washers operation is controlled by the control module which is located with the rear wiper motor.
The rear wiper operation is remote from the BCU control of the front wiper systems.
The rear wiper motor and control module assembly is located in the upper tail door, behind a trim panel. The assembly
is secured to a bracket on the upper tail door with three, Torx head screws. Rubber bushes isolate the motor assembly
from the bracket, which help reduce the transmission of motor operating noise to the tail door.
The assembly comprises the motor, mounting bracket and control module. The motor is located on a worm drive
gearbox mechanism which converts the rotary motion of the motor output spindle into the required arc for the rear
wiper blade. The control module is integral with the motor and has two plug sockets which accept two multiplugs from
the harness. One multiplug has 2.5 mm diameter wires. Two of the wires supply permanent battery feed and ground
connections for the motor and control module. The third wire in this plug supplies a power supply to the rear washer
pump. The second multiplug has 0.35 mm diameter wires and carries signal data from the wash/wipe control stalk
switch and the LCM and also a power input from the passenger compartment fusebox.

Post #83363 22nd Sep 2011 10:32pm
tsadpt

Ooh, ok, I'll have a look... There is a 3-wire cable plugging into the area of the motor that seems to lead out of the tailgate... I presume this in fact plugging into the ecu rather than intothe motor, and hence my issue is probably "upstream" of the ecu...?

Thanks,

David

Post #83570 23rd Sep 2011 11:03pm
tsadpt

Hi everyone, can I bump this please? I still have no joy with the wiper, and the wiper runs ok with an external power across the connection block at the unit, so I guess my problem is between the stalk and the ecu... Anyone have any idea, or info about relays or fuses other than those marked in the handbook which I have already checked?

Thanks

Post #91899 13th Nov 2011 1:18am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1