Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Touch Screen Nav problem ..........
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ex bm

Touch Screen Nav problem ..........

chaps,

new here and was wondering if anybody out there can help me.

i've got an 06MY with touchscreen nav and sometimes when I get in the car the "Land Rover" emblem that appears on the nav does not go away - basically it stays on for a few miles with all the functions frozen and no radio etc - then it automatically clears itself and everything is back to normal.

i'm thinking it could be a firmware/softrware problem, so is there anyway I can update to latest firmware myself or do I have to go to dealer and get them to do it ????

thanks in advance.

Post #6112 10th Jun 2009 1:51pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

My Dad had a similar issue. Getting an up to date nav disc or just a replacement of your current version installs the software and can fix these types of problems.

Get your sat nav Disc out and see what year it is (so you don't get an older one!)

There are people on here that can 'help' you out and avoid a Dealer visit. Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #6115 10th Jun 2009 5:04pm
ex bm

I have the latest 2008/2009 nav disc so can't be that.

Post #6116 10th Jun 2009 5:22pm
Larry

England 2006 Range Rover SE Td6 Java Black

I presume it's the splash screen on the touch screen that is staying on. I don't think that's anything directly to do with the Nav, as mine doesn't have Nav fitted and this splash is still there. RRUK, are you suggesting that the system freezes on start up when the Sat Nav boots up (or fails to)?

I wonder if there is a Comm fault code being recorded on the system as it could be just not communicating with something and not able to continue with booting (you can tell I don't know much about this! Smile )

Mine stays on after you lock the car (if you haven't had the ignition on. ie. opened the car but not started it). Bloody annoying and stands out a mile on a dark night. But not half as annoying as it not booting at all though.

Post #6127 11th Jun 2009 8:53am
ex bm

yes the splash screen is on when driving around for a few miles as if it is trying to boot up - all the functions are inoperative when this is happening.

Post #6131 11th Jun 2009 10:11am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1