Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Pre-05 entainment system upgrade but not 05> spec system
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
CUE99T

Scotland 
Pre-05 entainment system upgrade but not 05> spec system

So after Ram (EVOeng) did such a good job on introducing his Intravee and iPod I thought I'd give collecting some Alpine kit up for a decent little RSE and Digi-TV system.

So far with the help of some on here and other forums and ebay, I've reserved:

2 x FFRR headrests for RSE fitment (bigJ can you PM me sir)
2 x Alpine screens as new
1 x Alpine DVD/MPS/CD Changer
1 x Alpine Splitter box inc USB use
1 x Ipod connector unit
1 x DVB unit

need to buy some other bits and pay for all these at the end of the month when I get paid so looking forward to hooking it all up and seeing what works.

I haven't gon for the same system as Ram (EVOeng) as he just wanted iPod, but it should all come in under a grand inc fitment so will do some pics and see how it goes.

write up to follow in next few weeks. all smug in my new plug!

2021 Westminster Black D300
2013 Vogue SE - gone
Some Porsche Cayenne guff pretending to be a 4x4!!
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #93461 20th Nov 2011 10:54pm
CUE99T

Scotland 

After chatting to a few people on forums to increase my knoledge a bit of Alpine kit, especially Ai-net, I found one guy in particular really knowledgeable as he sort of sells the stuff a bit on ebay. Anyway it appears that the Ai-net system will trasmit data and sound upto the RR non-touch screen headunit in a <05 car. This is basically why an Intravee works as it converts the data and sound into the right adapter socket. Data is how the menus are built on the screen and sound is where the music/voice comes through. It won't pass picture though all the time unless there is a video-in-motion cable into the unit, and also there would need to be an RGB input which I assume it has as thats how it probably gets TV in on analogue format onto the front screen. Of course I am making a few assumptions here until I get the headunit out and try the setup, but calculated risks to be fair as the DVD/headrest combo works without connecting to the front screen unless I want to use the cars speakers.

So here is what I have coming so far:

Alpine DHA-S690 (6-Disc multichanger DVD/DivX/MP3 player) inc remote control
Alpine TME-680 5.8" screens for headrests
Alpine SHS-N205 Wireless Dual Channel Headphones
Alpine TUE-T150DV Mobile Digital TV Receiver (DVB-T)
Alpine KCA-420i - Interface adaptor for iPod
Alpine KCA-410c - Ai-net splitter for multiple inputs of alpine into a single interface into the headunit.
Alpine Remote eye comes with the Digital TV

Still need get the following:

Intravee II

So I would like Bluetooth integrated to the car without extra parrot units anywhere, so looking at the older BT units Alpine do, however I'm told it's not a great unit and was a hit or a miss a few years back when it came out, but I would like to try a KCA-100BT or KCA-200BT to offer Bluetooth as with all other newer BT Alpine offerings you need the Alpine headset to make use of BT. Big Cry

So with this setup I am hoping to have:

1. Digital TV into front/rear screens and sound out of car speakers/headphones
2. DVD/Divx into front/rear screens and sound out of car speakers/headphones
3. iPod sound out of car speakers/headphones
4. Use of headphones to split the channels allowing 3 combos of output - Car speakers playing out music from iPod whilst child A watches DVD and child B watches Digital TV. Of course they can only use the headphones to hear it but that works for me!! Thumbs Up

Hope to have this up and running before mid December time permitting.

NOTE: For Digital TV you MUST use Alpine aerials as RR ones break the unit so I'm told and screw the warranties. all smug in my new plug!

2013 Vogue SE - gone
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #94403 25th Nov 2011 3:14pm
EVOeng

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Java Black

Looking forward to the updates... I am tempted in doing some of the above in mine, but I hardly carry passengers so rear seat entertainment would be redundant.

Post #95105 29th Nov 2011 5:29pm
CUE99T

Scotland 

!

I guess you could do visor screens...check fleabay for the 12.2" screens on there in beige right now.

I thought about them but front TV should be fine.

Basically the front screen I am hoping has a RGB into it or I won't get the TV or DVD's paying on that screen.....anyone know if it does or not ona non-touch system.

I am also keen to do this as I think it would show another big set of options for the <05 screened cars.

Kit should be here soon, hopefully all within 7 days as it's coming from various sources. all smug in my new plug!

2013 Vogue SE - gone
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #95300 30th Nov 2011 1:22pm
Rob2529

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Oslo Blue

I've got a TV in motion cable and it has a RGB input. I have a RS showing digital but if I tune the front tv to AV I get the digital on the front and through the speakers. Thumbs Up [img]http://www.fuelly.com/driver/rob2529/range-rover[img/]
04, 4.4V8, Vogue Oslo Blue with LPG.
"You can sleep in your car, BUT you can't race your house!!!!"

If something can't be fixed with a hammer....... You have yourself an electrical fault!

Post #95425 1st Dec 2011 4:29am
CUE99T

Scotland 

!

awesome as I've just ordered one of those yesterday as it was blocking it, good news, cheers Rob!! all smug in my new plug!

2013 Vogue SE - gone
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #95475 1st Dec 2011 1:34pm
CUE99T

Scotland 

Rob2529 wrote:
I've got a TV in motion cable and it has a RGB input. I have a RS showing digital but if I tune the front tv to AV I get the digital on the front and through the speakers. Thumbs Up

Rob any chance of a picture as mine doesn't have the input?

link to what ya bought? all smug in my new plug!

2013 Vogue SE - gone
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #96600 7th Dec 2011 1:15pm
EVOeng

Cue, how is the build progressing?

Post #105605 5th Feb 2012 5:26pm
CUE99T

Scotland 

Hi Ram, yeah all going to plan, well slower than plan, but headrests are away getting trimmed with the tv's in them this week, might be back end of the week, or next.

I have worked out that using the 410c with the intravee II gives me the easy production, but I'll do a good diagram and a wiring diagram for the lot also, and try and get photos along the way.

ipod's in at the moment, but I can't decide whether to put the changer in the boot or glovebox where the old one was, as I will probbaly put the intravee, 410c and ipod unit (420i) under thre passenger seat.

I've been distratced trying to make a set of OEM units work, but too much a PITA with the fibre optiics in the car missing......anyway should be ready end of the month max.....

I will update the kit list shortly now it's finalised.

So you planning to get another RR in the future?

Paul all smug in my new plug!

2013 Vogue SE - gone
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #105661 6th Feb 2012 11:44am
EVOeng

Paul,

It all sounds good; it would be interesting to see how the screens look in the headrests.
I would put the CD changer in the boot as there never seems to be any space to put anything in the glove box. Your Range Rover will probably be one of the best out there!

As for another RR in the future, I am hoping to buy another but just waiting for the right time.

Best,
Ram

Post #106658 10th Feb 2012 6:35pm
CUE99T

Scotland 

So now we have the full kit installed. I used the power and ignition from the block on the right hand side of the boot space, not sure what it's needed for but I had to get it somewhere!! The kit needs both otherwise it will drain the battery. I used the earth nut on the top left hand side of the boot for the earch and the parking brake wire which then means the rear kit works on the move.

I've just put the kit loose at the moment to work out the best places and get the right fittings for a nice install, but so far I have the 420i and 410c under the front passenger seat lip, and the intravee in the front glove box and the rest in the boot.

The only hindrance is that it appears I needed to use the video-in and audio-in on the TV adapter I bought but this might go over the Ai-NET once I've changed a few settings, but I'll get a proper write up shortly once it's all fitted in, needless to say the kids love it already and my journeys are very peaceful but somehow I've now lost communication with my children....I'll need to check their settings....lol

The only things caused issues were the DVD changer needs set to CD in the menu of it, and the inside compartment switch gets set to Ai-NET, and then into the menu of the intravee and select port-overide, as this then fools the intravee into thinking there is a CD changer attached, as the DVD Changer is too slow on boot up, so needs this setting, so one to watch for.

all smug in my new plug!

2013 Vogue SE - gone
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #113478 16th Mar 2012 11:51pm
CUE99T

Scotland 

So my kit list has become:

Alpine DHA-S690 (6-Disc multichanger DVD/DivX/MP3 player) inc remote control
Alpine TME-680 5.8" screens for headrests x 2
Alpine TME-680ME controller box for screens
Alpine SHS-N205 Wireless Dual Channel Headphones
Alpine TUE-T150DV Mobile Digital TV Receiver (DVB-T)
Alpine KCA-420i - Interface adaptor for iPod
Alpine KCA-410c - Ai-net splitter for multiple inputs of alpine into a single interface into the headunit.
Alpine Remote eye comes with the Digital TV
Intravee II with 6.02 pre-release firmware
SCOSCHE Passport for charging Nano iPod
A/V Input / Output for Range Rover with i-Bus plugs into TV Tuner. all smug in my new plug!

2013 Vogue SE - gone
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #113590 17th Mar 2012 6:43pm
EVOeng

A very nice install CUE - I'm tempted in getting myself into another RR and doing something similar.

Post #113696 18th Mar 2012 5:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1