Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > eBay & Bargain Spots > Is this too cheap to be true?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
kb5

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Giverny Green

Ask the seller if they would object to your Police mechanic M8 to give it the once over at the local Nic garage and see if he is still prepared to sell it then ...

Post #97458 13th Dec 2011 11:06am
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

Dear Gary,

Thank you for your email.

I have removed the advert from our website as I did have some concerns regarding the authenticity.

The website is policed numerous times a day and any adverts that raise concerns are removed.

Unfortunately there are a small number of unscrupulous people who will go to great lengths to attempt to abuse the good nature of people buying or selling cars using our website or magazines. For this reason Auto trader regularly updates the advice that we hold in our magazines and on our website to advise buyers how to avoid these scams.

Please may I reassure you that Auto Trader takes this matter very seriously and we constantly review the content of our safety and security centre and advice pages, to help our customers avoid contact from canvassers or scammers when selling or buying a vehicle.

This information and the link are easily accessible from our home page and are highlighted under the buying a car section at: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/safety_and_security/

We do work closely with the police, trading standards and other authorised bodies by providing them with all the assistance and information they require to catch these criminals.

If I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Trish Handley
Customer Security Executive
Autotrader Online
Autotrader.co.uk
0845 0710487

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/safety_and_security/

Post #97462 13th Dec 2011 11:33am
Andy

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

If anyone spots a dodgy car, then contact the national Vehicle Crime Unit

http://avcis.police.uk/ 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #97473 13th Dec 2011 12:12pm
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

I could sit at my front window all day sending cars off to that from where i live Noddy but the local speedtrap vans stay well away and the ANPR fitted local boys don't dare come round here without air support and 2 van loads of backup Very Happy

Post #97475 13th Dec 2011 12:15pm
barrieeld

Cheap doesn't always mean "dodgy" In this case it maybe was (i never saw the ad) just do your checks and look for the obvious FLRSH and follow this up with calls to the dealers who have looked after the car.

My business colleague bought a TDV8 vogue 4 months ago from a trade dealer for £14,950 car needed a service and a general clean had done 90k but was a real good buy. I've also bought a Full Fat for a dirt cheap price and has run like a dream since, but i inspected the car properly and spoke with the dealer who looked after the car etc.

There are always true bargains out there, you just need to separate the conmen from the genuine sellers.

P.S just an example i saw a new shape '06' XK8 for sale from a dealer for £12k just a few weeks ago, FJSH but it was a high miler (doesn't bother me one bit) lot of car for the money... Range Rover SC 35th Anniversary 2006

Post #98204 17th Dec 2011 11:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12