Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > What a bargain! + Question re leather
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
ukrangie

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue
What a bargain! + Question re leather

Found this in my search. If only I could afford to run it or was part of Saudi royal family

2007 Vogue SE 4.4 28995 from Lookers at Chelmsford

http://www.lookers.co.uk/used-car-sales/LA...ROL/178055

A bargain in comparison to

http://www.imperials.co.uk/usedcar/LAND_RO...d/15356857

which had really worn/discolour leather on the outer lumber supports. What gives with that? I have seen two low mileage 06 Vogues (talking 35K miles or less) with this issue. I saw an 05 Vogue SE with 55K miles yet the leather was immaculate

Any thoughts anyone? I figure it's just people sliding out of the car Paul

Twitter - Facebook

Post #6798 8th Aug 2009 7:39pm
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green

It's how they get in and out of the car, mainly whether they "get out" or "slide out". Watch a fat man in the supermarket car park try to get out of his car, and watch him convulse as he tries to wriggle out.... Generally the base goes before the side though and you can order new ones. (at a cost of course!)

Either way, I would go for the petrol, once you've factored in the cost of petrol vs diesel you wont be saving that much unless you do masses of miles, in which case your biggest cost will be in depreciation due to mileage. 

Post #6799 8th Aug 2009 8:53pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I've never understood why seat bolsters end up trashed. My car has done nearly 85,000 miles and the seats are in A1 condition, but then again, I am no fat man! Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #6818 10th Aug 2009 9:18am
VMPP

Portugal 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

In these days, I think the diesel is somewhat more appropriate. Don't know about UK or other countries differences in price between diesel and petrol, but, here in Portugal, the price of petrol its almost 30% more .

With the new TDV8 you get the same basic real world performance as the SC. If its the TD6 well.....go petrol.

So the only advantage about going petrol is, of couse, the noise and the 0-60 time. But in the real world what you need is the 80-120 time (50-70 mph).

Now if you'd be looking for a new 5.0 sc against the 3.6 tdv8, then petrol would most certaily be the choice.

Post #6854 10th Aug 2009 4:25pm
Full fat not diet

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

VMPP wrote:
but, here in Portugal, the price of petrol its almost 30% more .

In the UK the price is pretty much the same for diesel & petrol. As a diesel owner, I wish i could buy diesel at approx 70% of the cost of petrol

Post #6855 10th Aug 2009 4:36pm
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green

I bought my 53 reg LPG converted for no more than I would have paid had it not been converted. I lose the spare wheel but I pay 48ppl for gas. Yee Haw as I drive here there and everywhere for the same price it costs the neighber in his 2.0L Mondeo!

If the diesel is slower than the petrol (and they arent rockets in the first place) then you end up pushing the pedal down more to get it to move as you want, hence your mpg drops accordingly.

I have always had a dislike for diesel's more so in a Range Rover, always thought it was a bit of an oxymoron, if I had to have one it would have to be the TDV8 as an acceptable trade off. 

Post #6856 10th Aug 2009 4:42pm
VMPP

dan_uk_1984 wrote:
I have always had a dislike for diesel's more so in a Range Rover, always thought it was a bit of an oxymoron, if I had to have one it would have to be the TDV8 as an acceptable trade off.

yeah, you're right. Diesels are a bit off on ranges. But in my opinion the v8 range died with the ''at the time'' underpowered bmw v8. They could put out more bhp, but they didn't, which for a heavy car made it suffer. The other thing is the noise, the bmw v8 isn't nearly as good as the old rover v8, but nevertheless bmw could have made it better also.

I love ranges since i sat in a p38. I tried to find a good one from the bmw era, but the petrol came out too thirsty and relatively slow and the diesel extra slow. then came the tdv8....and light struck upon me. Here we have a ''economical'' range that goes better than most of the road regular cars. Ok its a diesel but after test diving it i became converted.

Nowadays, well, has i've said, there's no real argue between the tdv8 and v8 petrol. Just compare, 20lts/100km vs 12lts/100km. 1,3 € (1.5 €)for 95 (9Cool unleaded against 1€ for diesel, 145k € for the petrol and 135k € for the tdv8, almost the same 80-120kmh time. You'd have to be pretty rich, ate least where i live, to buy a petrol range. If i was that rich man, i'd be already on the list for a 5.0 SC, but as i'm not ill stick to the brilliant tdv8.

Post #6864 10th Aug 2009 5:48pm
Spooky

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

If I was a Rich Man, I'd have a FFRR. As it is, I don't ... Big Cry

But yes, the TDV8 would be very nice. Such a shame the prices are completely out of my league.

Here's hoping that my current motor (9 yo D2 ES) passes its MOT tomorrow ... Regards,
Mick

'Bertha' - 2014 SDV8 Autobigraphy
'Vincent' - 2010 TdV8 Vogue SE
- 'Molly' - 2005 HSE Auto
'Dixie' - 2000 D2 Td5 ES

Post #6867 10th Aug 2009 8:44pm
ukrangie

Spooky wrote:
If I was a Rich Man, I'd have a FFRR. As it is, I don't ... Big Cry

But yes, the TDV8 would be very nice. Such a shame the prices are completely out of my league.

Here's hoping that my current motor (9 yo D2 ES) passes its MOT tomorrow ...

Good luck with the MOT

The cheapest TDV8 I can find is just over 30k and that is from Saxtons (read bad reviews about them on the rrsport forum and wasn't thrilled by their crap attitude when I went out there).

Coming back to my original post, the petrol unfortunately sold Sad I will definitely consider a supercharged model as I only do 3-4000 miles a year at the moment. The only reason I have only considered diesel to date has been the nature of my job which could mean I am on client site in Manchester one month and Farnbrough or London the next Paul

Twitter - Facebook

Post #6875 10th Aug 2009 10:43pm
VMPP

ukrangie wrote:
The cheapest TDV8 I can find is just over 30k and that is from Saxtons

Why do you think tdv8's are expensive? It's because they're really very good value for money. Don't know if you have ever driven one, but let me tell you man, if it wasn't for the noise and the general ''smothness'' of a petrol engine with its more linear delivery, the tdv8 had it beatten all round. If you'd be scoring each product against each other, the diesel would win hands down.

And just think about it, maybe its more expensive but at the same time you're more likely to loose less money. If SC's are cheap it's because there isn't a great demand for them, that means lower sale prices and consequently very low trade-in values. In these days no one wants to put out 120 € of fuel for 500 kms....

On another note, why are you looking into a 2005/2006? why not go to the 2007MY (end of 2006). It has got the new dashboard, double glovebox, you can buy the ipod adaptor, you can have the phone book on bluetooth and most of all, terrain response system. It doesn't get you out of trouble but its pretty good and you can always show it to your friends Very Happy

Post #6882 11th Aug 2009 4:26pm
ukrangie

VMPP wrote:

On another note, why are you looking into a 2005/2006? why not go to the 2007MY (end of 2006).

At the moment, there is not a lot of TDV8 stock compared to TD6/SC stock which is why I have concentrated my search that way. Rarely does a TDV8 come onto the market for less than 32K from the mains dealers and these usually get snapped up very quickly. Most are still under factory warranty which is keeping the price up. I was hoping that more TDV8's would come onto the market in the next month but Beadles informs me that most were delivered in Jan 07???

My aim is to find a car that has taken the 3 year depreciation hit, slowing the depreciation down which is why my search is geared towrards 05/55/06 plate vehicles. Paul

Twitter - Facebook

Post #6884 11th Aug 2009 9:47pm
VMPP

yeah, you're perfectly right....

But why don't you wait a few months? My first desire was a 4.6hse (p38 Ugh), then a early l322. But just about when i was about to buy one i heard that a new ''super'' engine was coming out, so i decided to wait, and it took me another year between my test drive, wich was in november 06, to buy one in september 07. So it was something like a 5 year buy... But i think it was the best decision i made.

Post #6885 12th Aug 2009 2:08am
Vogue

United Kingdom 

and probably the most annoying thing is that some early TDV8's were going for around the 28k mark at the height of the credit crunch - I am sure somebody even posted a link on here to a mainagents web site.

Post #6886 12th Aug 2009 9:43am
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Yep, I passed up on a Vogue SE at 28K under warranty, new interior, silver, black leather, privacy, steps and less than 30k on the clock.

I wanted to shoot msyelf. Big Cry Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #6887 12th Aug 2009 10:23am
Vogue

United Kingdom 

when you think about it that was roughly a £65k car for £28K - thats crazy Shocked

Post #6889 12th Aug 2009 11:55am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>