This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
M.D.610

Germany 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black
one thing after another

Hi all,
F****d Eyed Range Rover.
If it aint one thing it's another, it's now starting to get silly with the cost of repairing this s**ty car great when alls well but then it starts.

Has anybody any idea what it could be with the drivers door lock? before I have to take to the garage ....AGAIN!
with the remote, every closes fine, press to open everything opens the little button on the inside indicates that the door is open but the door is locked; tried several times,...... nothing!!!...... funny thing is, it just wouldn't open all of a sudden.
locked it last night this morning wouldn't open B******!

cheers for any info

Malcolm Current stock:-
FFRR Vogue

Post #102554 20th Jan 2012 9:28am
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

Does the door open from the outside sometimes or never? If never, you've prob broken the cable from the handle to the lock - quite common. 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s
(wife thinks I'm nuts - prob right, too)

Post #102709 20th Jan 2012 8:02pm
RR8701

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

I FEEL THE EXACT SAME ABOUT THE RR. ITS MEANT TO BE THE ULTIMATE 4X4 AND AS MUCH AS I LOVE IT WHEN IT HAS NO PROBLEMS ITS A PAIN IN THE ASS WHEN IT DOES WHICH IS MOST OF THE TIME. ALL PART OF THE RR OWNERSHIP

Post #102717 20th Jan 2012 8:39pm
M.D.610

Son of a Bitch

So the lastest is:-
had a go myself, disconnected the battery because of the airbag (ya never know) start one job and create five more) removed door panel (ballacher of a job ) ya need four hands by the way) spahgetti junction behind the panel removed all wires (L.H.D in case ya wondering)
removed airbag module removed the black foam stuff thats held on with black chewing gum and low and behold the little nipple has fell off!!! retrieved it from the bottom of the door so it don't rattle that might lead me to think I have another problem. so it's a trip to the dealer after all!!
while I'm on the subject changed my anologue tuner to a digital hybrid worked perfect loads a channels took old one out put new one in in the process of putting optic fibers back in their sockets and would you Adam and Eve it!! I've b***s it up and broke one of the optic fibers(B*****D) it's the one from the TMC box that returns back to the other side of the TMC box!!! has anyone got any suggestions as to where I might get one or an alternative sugestion

Auf Wiedersehen pets

FFRR Vogue

Last edited by M.D.610 on 22nd Jan 2012 3:10pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #102723 20th Jan 2012 9:11pm
M.D.610

Hi all,
so an eventful saturday morning!! went to the dealer-stealer this morning!!
new optic cables (loom) singular aren't avaiable 182euros
new door cable 35euros and an appoitment to put it all in total damage circa 350 - 400 euros Big Cry

what's next I'm asking myself!! I'm getting pretty cheesed off with this motor anybody want to buy it?

seen a Range rover Sport 2006 HSE in red 75,000km (47,000miles) 28000 euros (23,000 quid )
I'd like to know from the experts among you if that's a good price and/or if a straight swap for my L322 2005 td6 vogue with 70,000 miles as an alternative deal

cheers me dears any advice welcome

Aufwiedersehen pets!
FFRR Vogue

Post #102831 21st Jan 2012 4:01pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Well if it was me and i was Censored off with it breaking down and things going wrong with it i would get shot of it ,

And if you get a straight swap for the Sport then go for it ……

Then you can join the sister site RRSPORT forum and treble your postings on there in jig time as some of them are just as unreliable as a FFRR Whistle

Post #102834 21st Jan 2012 4:15pm
bozmandb9

Seems to be a lot of cussing over a broken door cable, and something else you broke yourself.

My sons got a car which never goes wrong, not sure you'd like it though, he's 6, and it's a red and yellow plastic jobby! Wink

I guess we all buy these cars knowing that the more there is, the more to go wrong, it helps if you enjoy putting them right.

I'm getting a bit bored at the moment due to nothing going wrong, so I'll probably have to start 'improving it' (extra piano black trim etc) Thumbs Up Range Rover-less at the moment - Pining!

Post #102839 21st Jan 2012 4:29pm
M.D.610

!

so what your trying to say then is....I should stop whinging!!......

but my idea behind having such a car in the first place is entirely the opposite reason to yourself in that you are less likely to have problems than if you buy a yellow and red something or other, Rolling Eyes My enjoyment comes from driving such a beast not spending my time with my head under the bonnet or elsewhere on the car.
I do like to save a few shilling when I can and thus had a go at repairing it myself, the door cable had lost the nipple (nothing to do with me) and the optic fiber cable on closer inspection had been tampered with (nothing to do with me) the previous owner perhaps was not unlike yourself in that perhaps he like tampering as well.
I'm getting (bored ) tiresome too and that is because this expensive pile of crap spends more time in the garage than on the road and I have therefore come to the conclusion that the only people enjoying my car are the dealer and the so called vehicle technicians. Laughing

Aufwiedersehen Pet!! Current stock:-
FFRR Vogue

Post #102854 21st Jan 2012 7:05pm
nicedayforit

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Giverny Green

To be fair your car is 6-7 years old and has had at least one previous owner who may have liked to "tamper" beyond his / their capabilities.
I always consider it reasonable to expect to find a few discrepancies in a second hand car and budget accordingly for repairs. Hopefully I can resolve such issues myself and not involve over-priced experts.
If you want a car you can just drive without distraction it would be better to steer clear of Land Rover products altogether, especially those out of warranty.
Not sure which other make I would opt for, not many parts on a bike to go wrong. Smile

Post #102858 21st Jan 2012 7:26pm
M.D.610

!

your point is what? Rolling Eyes ..............The one previous owner was a DR. Wohlgemuth who I hardly suspect tampered himself!!......but one never knows (the tampering I suspect was by the so-called vehicle technicians) fact the car is ONLY 6 years old doesn't excuse the new cost was in the region of some 65,000 pounds..... then!!.
I agree with you, I do expect something from time to time depending on how long we own the car and how old it is in the first place; however here in Germany when you buy a second hand car the dealer under law must give you a year garantee I have had the car about a year now and as I stated it's spent a lot of time in the workshop let's say more than your average BMW or Mercedes or Porsche. Question
Some things are covered by the garantee and some are not. Some parts are simply not avaiable by anyone else other than Land Rover and so you have no other option. Crying or Very sad

I suppose I could of Macgivered something together to fix the door from a lollipop stick or 2 and maybe spent hours on the internet surching for the supplier of the optic fiber cables and then fitting them myself and maybe buy a diagnostic device to reset the system afterwards. Laughing

My simple point is that for such an exspensive car which is not old by any accounts leaves something to be desired about the build quality, don't get me wrong as you have, I love the car strange as it seems the style comfort and the fact it's a land Rover last of the surviving English names. Cool

Gets me thinking sometimes though why the English car industry went down the pan!! Big Cry Current stock:-
FFRR Vogue

Post #102884 21st Jan 2012 8:28pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Gets me thinking sometimes though why the English car industry went down the pan!!

Simple …..

Coz they are and were Censored at building cars .. Laughing Laughing

Post #102887 21st Jan 2012 8:32pm
M.D.610

MICK wrote:
Gets me thinking sometimes though why the English car industry went down the pan!!

Simple …..

Coz they are and were Censored at building cars .. Laughing Laughing

Well Mick..........you said it!! Rolling with laughter

I didn't want to Censored off!! anymore people on here, seems a little negativity and every Censored wants to have a dig Yawn I'm merely pointing out that Range Rover is still lacking somewhat! improved on what it was years ago but still ailing that little extra finesse although some folk think it's the dogs perverbials.... good they are but well...... nough said.!!

so it'll be repaired next thursday and maybe I'll be able to have a little drive around!.......woh be tired something else goes wrong!! I'll deliver it back to Land Rover through the letter box!!!.......and yes I know it doesn't fit through the letter box!!...........that is exactly my point!! Thumbs Up Current stock:-
FFRR Vogue

Post #102895 21st Jan 2012 9:08pm
supershuttle

England 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

You have got to acknowledge things go wrong with what are complex beasts but t hasn't achieved the levels of my Mk1 Cortina GT, a much simpler machine, when you used to carry every spare you could think of in the boot as well as all your tools, water, oil etc. also no mobile phone then - if it really broke down you had to find a phonebox - happy days Thumbs Up I get a sense on here that people enjoy the challenge of owning a Range Rover and the satisfaction that comes from tinkering with it, after all we could all probably buy something that wasn't built by Bert and Ernie on a Friday afternoon in Solihull if we wanted to.

For example SWMBO has had a Focus from new and it never misses a beat, that's quite dull but of course but I like it because she does have a mobile phone and probably would phone me first and the AA second. I in fact could do the same to her but the FF has never ended up stuck at the roadside - yet!

Parked my FF next to a Q7 the other day but I wouldn't swap, character doesn't equate with reliability and of course we celebrate many characters that we wouldn't let near our daughters Whistle

I've had a few Audis, Mercs etc in my day, they breakdown and stealer dealers are stealer dealers, it doesn't matter about the badge over the door they all love extracting cash from a distressed motorist.

I don't know why a bothered with this long diatribe, but I did, so I might as well post it Embarassed Geoff

Post #102899 21st Jan 2012 9:48pm
TugRR

United Kingdom 

. . . . . . designed, paid for, built whilst under . . . . . BMW ownership Whistle

Thumbs Up Where do you go after one of these . . . ?

Post #102900 21st Jan 2012 9:50pm
nicedayforit

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Giverny Green

Thumbs Up Laughing Laughing

Post #102904 21st Jan 2012 10:00pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>