Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Wheels & Tyres > tyre size - will 275/55/20 fit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
vnitos

South Africa 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver
tyre size - will 275/55/20 fit

Please advise - I want to put 20inch wheels on my fullfatrr - it currently has 255/55/19 tyres on with original wheels. Will these tyres fit the vehicle without rubbing anywhere and causing any problems

Your advice is appreciated

Post #103706 26th Jan 2012 5:40pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

shouldnt rub but your speedo will be out

Click image to enlarge
 ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #103718 26th Jan 2012 5:55pm
Googsy

Ireland 2008 Range Rover HSE TDV8 Java Black

probably a better ride over the 50 profile too. Present :2008 TDV8 HSE
Gone Audi A5 2.7TDI
Gone Discovery 3 HSE
Gone Mercedes CLK
Gone Range Rover 2.5 DSE

Post #103719 26th Jan 2012 5:58pm
fisha

2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aruba

Yes, they'll probably fit provided that they aren't an oversized 275/55 ... just like shoes, some makes are bigger than others even when labelled as the same size.

However, its very very tight ... it is the very limit of what the car can take.

the clearance on the front struts is 5mm at best. You'll also have to trim the little pyramid plastic things on the bottom of the airbag seat on the front struts too. just cutting little bits of plastic, nothing major ... a pair of snips will do it and its not structural in any manner to the airbag seat as far as I can tell.

For the rear, you'll maybe have to trim / pull inwards the bit of the rear drivers side wheelwell where it sticks out to cover the fuel filler pipe coming down the way. I trimmed off the very bottom corner of the bit closest to the tyre with a file, and then used a self tapping screw to pull it inwards towards the guard around the fuel tank. If you get your head under there, you should be able to see where you can put a self tapper into to pull it out the way.

Again the clearance on the rear on that side is very close ( as in mm )

Lastly, I'd fit them on an original style of alloys which have the original offset s ... if you get alloys which make the tyre sit out further than stock 20" alloys, then you'll get rubbing on the front wheel arch on turning. I get very very slight rubbing on the very front tip of the wheels on turning when the suspension is at certain angles.

I have 275/55 R20 Cooper Zeon LTZ fitted.

Click image to enlarge

The ride is softer feeling, no doubt, but the handling is also softer, and there is a definite noticable loss in the acceleration stakes. I'll keep them for the moment, but I can see me changing back to a more normal size of tyre come the better summer months. V8 or else ...

Post #103759 26th Jan 2012 8:33pm
RaveRover

Australia 2005 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

I have just fitted a set of Nitto Terra Grappler G2's (275 55 20's) to my 04' L322 and they are a 'big' shift from the 265 50 20 road tyres I had on when I bought the car. They are already scrubbing, where you stated, around where the fuel filler goes down but I'm more worried about the wheel arch, especially on the drivers side. the steel spot welded seam at top dead center of the arch is cutting into the side of the tyre tread when I turn left and hit a dip in the road at speed. I am thinking of trimming this seam and tapering it back towards factory standard over a 6 inch length. I'll have to grind the plastic back too. What do u think?
I dont seem to have any issues with the front coming too close to the struts.. I can fit at least my hand inbetween.. so maybe 15mm clear there. Its just the little strip of flexable rubbery stuff right at the bottom of the plastic tubs.. just nicks a little when reversing.
Other than that they a fricken awesome..

Thanx Matt Once you've driven a Range Rover, everything else seems 2nd rate.. Eeeek I'm trapped for life.

1986 RRC Highline with offroad mods. Arctic Silver
2001 P38 HSE. Ardeness Green.
1995 RRC soft dash (beautiful car) Green.
2005 L322 HSE V8. - Current, most awesome car yet. And most expensive.

Post #494765 6th Nov 2018 8:41am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1