Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Retrofit Participate filter on a TD6
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
AKIS

2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Cairns Blue
Retrofit Participate filter on a TD6

Hi to all.Is anyone who has already retrofitted this filter or intents to do so for giving me some more info about it.Leaving aside the alleged environmental and taxation priveleges Can the instalation of said filter affect car's performance or create any engine problems?

Any info in this respect will be most welcome

Post #7152 7th Sep 2009 9:57am
speedymarktd6

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

parden for being a bit thick Rolling with laughter but which filter are we on about as i have changed all mine on servicing the ones that are present in a td6 are

1) the engine inlet filter
2) the cam cover breather filter
3) the oil filter
4) the cabin filter
5) the fuel filter
6) the power steering filter / strainer

?

if you specify the correct one ill try too help Thumbs Up Thumbs Up onto no6 Range Rover

Everyone needs a hobby

Post #7154 7th Sep 2009 8:26pm
AKIS

2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Cairns Blue

Actually particle filter is not factory installed in td6.Is a new filter that can be retrofitted in exhaust system so u have no black smoke at all and also much cleanner emmisions.Car fm euro 3 by installing said filter is passing to euro 4

Post #7162 8th Sep 2009 3:30pm
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green

Diesel Particulate Filter

The TD6 has a Catalytic Converter but no DPF - you cant use one if your country still uses high sulphur content fuel as this will destroy the filter.

There are several types of filter and I think performance will depend on which you choose. Some are disposable and I think these are the cheapest and most detrimental to your engine performance. The more expensive ones work on the same principle of the catalytic converters and actually burn the soot again (just so that you cant see it any more and instead of the soot falling to the ground you just breathe it in!). These are more expensive, and actually require the engine to go through a cycle of letting more oxygen through the exhaust to allow the cat to heat up sufficiently. This has to be designed at factory so is not an option.

Interestingly, the Petrol system uses the secondary air injection pump to pump oxygen into the cats on cold start up (when emissions are at their worst). This causes an exothermic reaction - similar to the after burner effect - although only to a mere 800C!

For its size, the 4.4 is a very efficient and clean running engine in terms of un-burnt fuel and hydrocarbons! 

Post #7164 8th Sep 2009 5:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1