Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Tablet or CarPC
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Whats it like with Flash pages and playing movies?

Do you find you need a class 8> Micro SD card to avoid stutter or that it buffers plenty when its being watched?

Cheers Joe Smile

If i go for one i would get the 8" and get a 16gb Class 10 card for it as the nipper loves to play games from websites but they are all flash based Sad

How does it cope with multiple things on the fly being a single core versus dual core models? FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #104930 2nd Feb 2012 10:07am
Joe90

England 

@ kingpleb

Not sure about the class of SD card, have a no name 4GB card in there. No stutter from playing movie of it though (mkv of "Open Season" 297mb good quality).

Flash seems to work fine, although I had to install flashplayer 11 using an apk as it didn't show up on the market (something to do with the chip)

Seems also happy with multi tasking if there is such a thing, but with loads of apps running have not noticed any fall off in performance.

Screen could be a bit brighter.... .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #104967 2nd Feb 2012 2:02pm
kingpleb

Hmm, i do wonder about the brightness considering its going to be mounted on a headrest mount for any journeys and i don't have any rear tintage... FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's

Post #104970 2nd Feb 2012 2:10pm
kingpleb

Some of the reviews for that Kogan unit indicate a lot of crashing when using flash and some movies....

Does yours do that at all Joe? FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's

Post #105372 3rd Feb 2012 11:59pm
Joe90

England 

Not for me, been solid so far.... .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #105388 4th Feb 2012 2:06am
kingpleb

I think i'll give one of the ebay ones a punt then Joe as they are still a wee bit cheaper than buying direct and its from their own ebay store Question Question Confused

Do your kids use it at all Wink FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's

Post #105395 4th Feb 2012 4:18am
Joe90

England 

I'll explain my requirement (different to most) - going off topic big time Wink

I work at a school for special needs kids with communication and learning disabilities (along with autism and a few other bits and bobs i won't go into)

We use small photos as a communication tools to help the kids get from one place to another or prepare for the next activity.

We have seen the apps created for iphones and ipads but the cost of the Apple product (and the likelihood it will get damaged / trashed) means this is not a viable route. However, the ipad is the best supported tablet in terms of apps and accesories, so it makes life harder when working with Android devices. I have been working on and off for the last year on creating apps for Android devices that meet "our" needs, which are quite specific, using AppInventor - which is now having a little hiatus now Google have stopped developing it and passed it onto MIT. Android tablets are priced to be more "disposable/replaceable" should they get damaged.

I have tried various tablets, but til now they have all had resistive screens which are not responsive enough for our kids (cause and effect!). The Kogan tablet overcomes this with the capacitive screen, and it seems robust enough to cope with the rigors of daily life in the hands of our kids and carers! Next week I'll find out. In simple terms if it survives with us using it, it will survive anything the rest of the world (including nuclear superpowers!) have to throw at it.

We might make up protective cases for them once we find our product, so they can survive a drop or a bang. .
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Post #105420 4th Feb 2012 1:11pm
kingpleb

Thanks Joe Smile

Sorry for going way OT to the OP by the way Very Happy

My nipper has his own problems and so far using a tiny 3ds screen isn't as good for him but before he had a ds xl which was just big enough so something like this would really help.

For cases it might be worth asking otter box to commission one as forces use them for BB's and I have one for my iPod and its taken LOTS of abuse including some big falls, use in the shower as a radio, being in by thigh pocket when coming off the bike.... Just keeps going and going Smile FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's

Post #105444 4th Feb 2012 4:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12