Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > which diagnostic?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
dogswick

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover HSE Td6 Oslo Blue

Steve
Not making a comparison only a simple analogy, I fully understand where manufacturers are coming from, it's just my take on things. My local independant tells me how much his autologic cost and how much the upkeep on it is every time i go in so again I don't begrudge him making a living and trying to recoup his investment.
As an enthusiast I like to be able to do things myself hence the purchase of a diagnostic.
I'm just after a little help and not a keyboard fight.

back to the hawkeye..
piecost, I bought the hawkeye on the strength that the boxs marked l322 2002-06 were checked with

Read DTCs
Clear DTCs
Live Data
ECM Data
Actuators
Programming

again, like you, I was under thr impression that programming would mean calibraton but i'll be a monkeys uncle if i can find how to do it

some people say it can be done others say it can't but I have trawled this forum and the internet and there doesn't seem to be any written procedure for calibrating with a hawkeye

If anyone knows how to then I would be eternally grateful

If it really can't be done then i'm off to the local indie's and ask bearmach to politely clarify their documentation as it's a little misleading

Post #146747 17th Oct 2012 4:19pm
Stuart's the man

I went down the route of the mongoose, with the lr software, when i had my disco 3, and it has been a godsend when i got my FFRR, nowhere near as expensive as everybody thinks Thumbs Up

Post #146763 17th Oct 2012 6:02pm
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

Hi dogswick,
I certainly do not want a keyboard fight Shocked I was simply trying to explain why we made the decisions we did. If we all had mansions and lots of women and cars and booze - I would prob avhave to say you are right. We don't. We founded this company as enthusiasts. If you look back a few years on RR.net, you'll see a discussion in which I took part trying to convince Colin - the owner of Blackbox Solutions - to bring the price of the MSV down. I know exactly where you are coming from. The fact is we need to recoup our investment - and the only way to do that is by limiting VINs so IIDTools are not shared in a club. We even considered making a 2 VIN or a 'help your buddy one use' version - too complex and not enough interest.

As for the Hawkeye - I called Bearmach exactly for the reason you mention because I wanted to know - there is a discussion about a year old here on the board regarding this.. I was told it can not do an EAS calibration. 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s
(wife thinks I'm nuts - prob right, too)

Post #146765 17th Oct 2012 6:16pm
vnitos

South Africa 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

Steve,

so yours (the IIDTool) can do the recalibration of the EAS, right?

Post #146768 17th Oct 2012 6:28pm
supershuttle

England 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

I'll pipe up here to save Steve's blushes telling you how good his tool is - ohh eer missis!

I set mine to be lower all round, have since set it back, and also levelled the car as you can set each corner individually. The one thing it can't do is change the setting that lowers the car when I have been doing over 100mph for 20 secs. Be nice if I could reset that to about 50 or 60mph. Geoff

Post #146769 17th Oct 2012 7:12pm
Rob2529

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Oslo Blue

I can't really comment on the IID tool as I don't have one. I do have a RAC and I'm very pleased with it. The only downside is the need for a laptop to use, and also development seems quite slow from Storey. I'm sure over time this will happen but seems quite slow compared to the GAP guys who seem to get hings sorted and roled out very quickly. I would like an IID tool but 2 things stop me. 1) being my pixels are a bit ropey so sometimes I wouldn't be able to read the info, 2) would be the price. If these issues weren't there I would defiantly have an IID. [img]http://www.fuelly.com/driver/rob2529/range-rover[img/]
04, 4.4V8, Vogue Oslo Blue with LPG.
"You can sleep in your car, BUT you can't race your house!!!!"

If something can't be fixed with a hammer....... You have yourself an electrical fault!

Post #146771 17th Oct 2012 8:11pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

for what it does and the functions it has, the IIDTool is the best value.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #146801 18th Oct 2012 8:24am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

SteveMFr wrote:
Hi dogswick,
If we all had mansions and lots of women and cars and booze - I would prob avhave to say you are right. We don't.

Hmmm with a Strasbourg address, a FFRR on the drive and telling us "my daughter asked the other day when we were at a restaurant".....

Sounds like one step away from the Rothchild's to me! Laughing

Craig Rolling with laughter Bow down Rolling with laughter

Post #146811 18th Oct 2012 8:52am
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

[]
Rolling with laughter
That is actually particularly funny in light of the restaurant we were actually in: shopping center strip Asian food place (with an all you can eat buffet ) Whistle 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s
(wife thinks I'm nuts - prob right, too)

Post #146840 18th Oct 2012 11:50am
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

I am using a Faultmate MSV2 Extreme and have to say it is great AND very expensive. I was not aware of the IID nor any of the other systems so for me the choice was a choice of one. I still love the range of possibilities of the Faultmate and if I would have to do it again I would have to do an evaluation.

First my requirements would have to be looked at against the possibilities of the systems available and then those systems would have to be evaluated for cost vs capabilities. I have no idea what would be the best option then.

I suggest that you do the same, look at what you want to use the system for and then compare the ones that fulfil all requirements. A subjective observation is that the IID tool is the preferred tool here, maybe because Steve gives excellent support (GAP gives excellent support by the sounds of it) and certainly because it seems to meet the requirements of most people here.

I need a system that allows me to deal with issues in the middle of nowhere and the Faultmate does that, but at a hefty price. Getting caught somewhere in the heart of the African continent far from support justifies the cost of the Faultmate, plus that "reliable" dealers/mechanics/garages in Lagos is a near impossibility.

Bottomline, you have to see what suits you best and what systems gives the value for money that you are looking for. MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #146847 18th Oct 2012 2:02pm
33CHINACARS

Australia 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

[quote="stan"]for what it does and the functions it has, the IIDTool is the best value..[/quote]

x 2 for me Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Does all I need at the moment

Gary

Post #147137 20th Oct 2012 2:56am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12