Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > 4.4 v8 Vogue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
v40mav

Scotland 
4.4 v8 Vogue

Hi - I'n new to this site guys and looking for some guidance. Currently have a D3 57plate HSE, a Defender TD5 and a 300 tdi modified truck cab

I'm looking at changing the td5 and had looked at getting another D3 as prices are falling like crazy. I will be using whatever I get as it should be - off road.

Had a look at a D3 today but it didn't tick the boxes but did see another vehicle that I liked the look of.

A FF RR 4.4 vogue - 54 plate -

Does anyone have any links to brochure for that year -

Any specific points to look for -

What would be a reasonible price to pay?

It will not do huge mileage so not use if it is worth considering a gas - conv - any pointers also on this -

If I go for this - first will be tyres - I take it is similar to the D3 and the only Mud tyres are Goodyear- I think this one is on 19" rims -

All feedback welcome

Post #1465 29th Nov 2008 10:24pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Are you looking at this as an off road beast to replace a defender? FFRR's are great but I think you are silly to look at using the best in the line up for mud plugging, why not go fro a Discovery 2 or even a P38 RR?

Either way, the 4.4 is very smooth but thirsty. LPG conversions can make it worthwhile can are expensive and take at least 3 years to pay themselves back on the install cost. If you are only do low miles its not worth it. I have a full thread on LPG conversions, see here:

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic119.html

The standard rim size on the 4.4 was indeed 19". I am not certain on which tyres to buy as I've not bought mud terrains for mine, someone else might know, ask VA on www.rrsport.co.uk as he has fully modded his Sport for off road use including sets of MTs on 19" rims.

Keep us posted! Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #1469 1st Dec 2008 1:20pm
ken

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

MTR's 255/55/19 Mud Terrain

or New but very Good

Pirelli Scorpion ATR's 255/55/19 All Terrain

Whistle

Post #1472 1st Dec 2008 4:42pm
v40mav

Scotland 

Thnaks for the reply, I may not have been clear -

i now have my 300 tdi defender modified and that will be used for the serious mud plugging - http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/index.php?cat=14717
but I do want a vehicle that is capable of doing "what it says on the tin"

I venture off road - farms / shoots etc and whilst we do not have greenlanes up here I suppose some of the places I go would equate to greenlanes - I also do radio support at rallies and hill rallies - so some of the needs will be to get me into stages where normal cars will not.

As I said I want a 4x4 that can do what is required - and I know the D3 can but it is just too new to take to some of these places- The Vogue I saw was at a price much cheaper that an similar spec D3.

I traded my Disco2 for the D3 back in Sept and to be honest - the td5 was a great car but no where near the D3 - I have decided that I want a bit of luxury and comfort - that can also take the lab and all my gear

If I look back at the annual milage of the defender I have covered only about 5k so it's not worth considering a GAS conversion.

I'm waiting on the garage phoning me to arrange a test drive but I'm pretty certain I will go for it at the right price -

are there any major areas to look out for - - ?

thanks

Post #1474 1st Dec 2008 4:45pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

Check on warranty work, servicing is regular etc as normal.

FFRR's had a front diff problem caused by weak front driveshafts, LR have been proactively replacing them FOC, seems to be an issue at around 65K, check to see if its been done.

other than that they can suffer at the hands of any careless owner like any car so just look for signs of neglect.

The earlier 4.4 V8's can be bought for a steal away from the dealer networks, private sales are where to look, only go for Vogue Spec as HSE not worth bothering with. Discovery 4 HSE
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #1476 1st Dec 2008 4:53pm
Full fat not diet

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

I can't believe some of the prices i have seen Vogues advertised at!! They are an absolute bargain in terms of what you get for the money. No one who owns one seems to want to give it up because of the hit they will take so surley at some point the prices will stop falling. I love its exclusivity but not the recent depreciation. For the record i had my Front Diffs done as part of their upgrade programme but i have read that some ffrr members were given complimentary cars. I wasnt and would have loved a TDV8 for the day although it may have stopped me loving my TD6!!!

Post #1483 1st Dec 2008 8:39pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

You mean, like this example..... Cool

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic124.html Discovery 4 HSE
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

Post #1485 2nd Dec 2008 11:26am
Full fat not diet

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

Thanks for the link RRUK. I had already had my front diffs done before i had discovered this website so i was unaware it was an LR decision on the complimentary car. I just happened to go in one day about another matter and the Dealer asked if i had the diff upgrade on my car. They said they would do it so as far as i was aware this was a good thing. Pillings the local dealer didn't mention the complimentary car so i assume they were not aware if LR's view or were trying to save a few quid by not lending one out. As it happened they ended up keeping my car for 2 days as work over-ran so i would have had a result if i had their TDV8 instead of feeling irritated due to time delay!

Post #1494 2nd Dec 2008 3:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1