Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
glennhoward

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Epsom Green
2010 conversion, air filter OEM look

Hello everyone,

First post!

It is regarding the conversion to a 4.4 V8 petrol, we carried out the conversion over the last few weeks and everything was seamless with all the help and guidance that we found on this forum. The only thing that worried me was losing the factory look of the air filter we searched for days for a solution and could only find the K and n cone replacement as an option. Until we found that due the bad weather we could not source a part and needed the FF desperately, so we sealed the original air filter to the top half of the original housing and connected both with cable ties this allowed us to connect the to air mass meter outlet and the secondary air pump hose and all looks factory original with no loss of performance and over a 250mile period the fuel consumption has stayed the same.

Hopefully this will help someone carrying out a conversion in the future it made me feel better as every other part we used was OEM.

Sorry guys when the weather changes I will add some detailed photos of the air filter and I will raise another topic detailing the conversion from start to finish.

Post #166404 21st Jan 2013 9:44pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

a 'how to' will be great, thanks.. Thumbs Up ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #166407 21st Jan 2013 10:01pm
Googsy

Ireland 2008 Range Rover HSE TDV8 Java Black

Thumbs Up Present :2008 TDV8 HSE
Gone Audi A5 2.7TDI
Gone Discovery 3 HSE
Gone Mercedes CLK
Gone Range Rover 2.5 DSE

Post #166408 21st Jan 2013 10:09pm
klf400

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

i also have been doing my conversion over the past weeks when i have time [ allways seems to be something else to do ] and i have been able to fit the 2010 front end and keep my oem air filter housing and intake pipe from the inner wing , its not easy and is a very tight fit
you have to cut a hinged slot in the air filter housing and bend the plastic inwards , then to hold the flap in place i pop riveted a strap in place then sealed the gap with tiger seal . the flap does not touch the air filter its self but is nessasary as the head light will not fit without this mod , i had the air filter housing in place then offered the head light in place to work out where to cut it ,
then the intake pipe from the inner wing needs modding as well , with this it heated the pipe with a hot air gun then remoulded the pipe to allow for the head light , i had to do this several times before i got a good fit , each time i heated it i had to mould then cool it in cold water to retain the shape , as i said earlier its not easy and is quite a lot of fiddleing about in all must of took me 3 hrs but it can be done Thumbs Up 1990 3.5 v8 defender
2000 4.6 v8 30th anniversary prins lpg
2004 4.4 v8 vogue prins lpg
2011 4.4 TDV8 Vogue
faultmate extreme
rsw allcoms
Autel 906BT
Gap iiD tool

Post #166605 22nd Jan 2013 7:25pm
glennhoward

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Epsom Green

That sounds like a good fix, when the weather changes I may also look into trying to fit the lower housing. It was only when we couldn't use the FF that we came up with the solution to re use the oem part. I will try to put a how to guide up at the weekend with photos if you have any pictures of how you fitted the parts they would be good to see.

Post #166613 22nd Jan 2013 7:44pm
JohnnyDangerous

England 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

The moulding was my plan. One day your life will flash before your eyes......................................make sure yours is worth watching!

Post #166622 22nd Jan 2013 8:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1