Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > Our FFRR with 20"s
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Andy

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey
Our FFRR with 20"s

Nothing you haven't seen before - a silver Vogue on 20"s!

2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #16622 14th Apr 2010 5:44pm
delamo

England 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Tonga Green

Smart looking Rangie Noddy - I have the same alloys on mine - I think they suit the chunky looks of these cars perfectly, however . . .

Have you just upgraded from 18" 's or 19" 's Question and if so, have you noticed any significant changes Question

I only ask as I had the later 2007 spec 7spoke alloys fitted to my previous car '05 plate TD6 - and never noticed any tyre wear during the whole time I owned it,

then I chopped that in for a '56 plate TDV8 last summer with the 20" 7spoke fitted like yours and I am getting through tyres like you would not believe Shocked

I have had my tracking checked and tried to drive like a law abiding citizen should but I am alarmed at how much rubber I am using.

I am doubting the quality of Continental tyres over the Dunlops which I had before - just interested in your thoughts

Thumbs Up

Post #16627 14th Apr 2010 6:17pm
Full fat not diet

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

Looks great Noddy. Thumbs Up

Privacy glass also looks very nice! Cool Are the fronts legal? Wouldnt want one of your friends to say hello

Post #16665 15th Apr 2010 9:39am
Vogue

United Kingdom 

perhaps Noddy has Influence Cool

looks good Noddy Thumbs Up

Post #16674 15th Apr 2010 10:08am
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

The BEST 20" wheels for the FFRR!

(Until I get something else Rolling with laughter ) Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #16694 15th Apr 2010 6:32pm
Full fat not diet

My second favourite

My fav are the 9 spoke Supercharged 20s Cool

Post #16698 15th Apr 2010 6:58pm
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 

I really like some of the new 2010 20" wheels, the ones with "RANGE ROVER" cast into one spoke are tasty Mr. Green

Post #16699 15th Apr 2010 7:36pm
Andy

Full fat not diet wrote:
Looks great Noddy. Thumbs Up

Privacy glass also looks very nice! Cool Are the fronts legal? Wouldnt want one of your friends to say hello

Err..no Embarassed They are the lightest shade available on the front doors though, running to the (almost) darkest at the back. If you look through the windscreen in the pic, you can see out of the drivers door. The passenger door is an optical illusion!

To be honest, it would have to be a real pedantic cop to stop anyone for front tints (or extremely bored). Ive been out with our traffic guys and they don't care about tints unless they are takin the pee. I've got better things to do than to stop cars for tinted windows. Can't speak for the more "rural" forces, mind!

To be fair, even if you put clear film on glass, it makes it technically illegal as only glass on its own will allow the correct amount of light through.
Full fat not diet wrote:
My second favourite

My fav are the 9 spoke Supercharged 20s Cool

I like those too. I think these are more in keeping with the car, as I'm led to beleive they were an option?

delamo wrote:
Smart looking Rangie Noddy - I have the same alloys on mine - I think they suit the chunky looks of these cars perfectly, however . . .

Have you just upgraded from 18" 's or 19" 's Question and if so, have you noticed any significant changes Question

I only ask as I had the later 2007 spec 7spoke alloys fitted to my previous car '05 plate TD6 - and never noticed any tyre wear during the whole time I owned it,

then I chopped that in for a '56 plate TDV8 last summer with the 20" 7spoke fitted like yours and I am getting through tyres like you would not believe Shocked

I have had my tracking checked and tried to drive like a law abiding citizen should but I am alarmed at how much rubber I am using.

I am doubting the quality of Continental tyres over the Dunlops which I had before - just interested in your thoughts

Thumbs Up

I have noticed a difference in ride quality, yes. I went from the standard 18"s to these. It's slighter firmer when on the move, but not as bad as I was expecting when stationary with the reported vibration. It does get worse the longer you remain still, so I just pop it into neutral for extended periods of stoppage.
When its on the motorway and the suspension lowers, its great!
The tyres are nearly on the limits and were when I bought them, so I can't really comment on wear at the moment. I'm looking to replace them like for like when they are due. They are currently Michelin Diamaris at the moment. 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #16701 15th Apr 2010 8:03pm
Full fat not diet

noddy wrote:

Err..no Embarassed They are the lightest shade available on the front doors though, running to the (almost) darkest at the back. If you look through the windscreen in the pic, you can see out of the drivers door. The passenger door is an optical illusion!

To be honest, it would have to be a real pedantic cop to stop anyone for front tints (or extremely bored). Ive been out with our traffic guys and they don't care about tints unless they are takin the pee. I've got better things to do than to stop cars for tinted windows. Can't speak for the more "rural" forces, mind!

To be fair, even if you put clear film on glass, it makes it technically illegal as only glass on its own will allow the correct amount of light through.
Thumbs Up

What shade are the fronts then Noddy?

I also have a Mini with the factory fit privacy glass but it excludes the fronts but i think it looks a bit odd with standard front glass. Dont really want to fall out with the local boys in blue but i know if i put any tint it will probally be illegal so wondererd what would at least look close enough

Post #16742 16th Apr 2010 1:54pm
Andy

i don't know what its called, but it was the lightest shade they had at the window tinters. I had lightest (front) mid (rear doors) and dark (back/side windows)
From the side, it just fades backwards nicely. 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #16794 17th Apr 2010 12:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1