Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > RR Newbie | Introduction | Help
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
haaris

Ireland 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey
RR Newbie | Introduction | Help

Hello - I have been lurking on this wonderful forum for the past few weeks since I bought my 2005 (2006 facelift model) and this forum has been really useful and everyone seems very helpful. This is my first post so I hope someone can shed some light (or offer any sympathy)

As a RR newbie (converted from BMW saloons) I have a few queries about my RRV.

I purchase privately so there was no warranty. A few euro off the market price persuaded me. However I have encountered a few issues and now getting a bit depressed:

(1) Last week the Air con pulleys and belts had to replaced.

(2) Rear suspension bushes had to be replaced

(1) + (2) = 660.00 euro

(3) Three parking sensors replaced after 3 visit to main dealer - wrong diagnosis, incorrect wiring etc. While all sensors seem to be working - the front sensors beep (higher pitched one) intermittently beeps between 5 and 7 times - even with no obstacle in front when the car is not moving. No tracker device is fitted.

380 euro

(4) Now, the steering seems somewhat very stiff in comparison to last week - I purchased the car with aftermarket EtaBeta 20" alloys and just put on 4 new 295/45 v110 Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico. There is no leak or loss of PS fluid. A mechanic said that there is a switch that can be replaced that can determine how hard or soft the steering is. Is there any such thing? There doesn't seem to be any obvious humming when steering or grinding noise.

1000 euro

(5) Rear Discs and Pads need to be replaced: Is there any difference between genuine LR parts or are mintex/britishparts.co.uk supplies ok to use. Any recommendations or suppliers?

(6) I asked the main dealer to order a new A Frame bracket. When I collected the car (after the shoddy job on the parking sensors), they said there is no replacement part so I would need to buy a new A Frame, but that they had tightened the bracket. When I got home I noticed that that had "riveted" the bracket, but in doing so broke the actually thing. Does anyone know where I can get these spares?

I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks

Haaris

[/i]

Post #18291 15th May 2010 8:55pm
delamo

England 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Tonga Green
Re: RR Newbie | Introduction | Help

haaris wrote:
However I have encountered a few issues and now getting a bit depressed

Welcome to Range Rover ownership Wink

And to fullfatrr.com of course! Thumbs Up

You have a bit of a list there haaris - most of which sounds normal for your age vehicle - especialy if your local main service agent Evil or Very Mad is as useful as you say he is ...

Give us a bit of time and you will soon get some very helpful advice ...

Post #18293 15th May 2010 9:18pm
hoppy_70

England 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Zermatt Silver

Hi Haaris and welcome.

Re number 5.

I wouldnt bother too much with oem brake parts once it's out of warranty. aftermarket are absolutely fine, just dont use too cheap a pad (mintex are more than good enough)

They can be obtained really cheaply over here, See Noddy's entry in the below post for a buy he made on ebay. It also has a link to another site that shows you how to fit them!

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/post18208.html#18208

Good luck finding your other answers and don't get too down with your car. When it's working well it's a fantastic car Thumbs Up

Post #18297 15th May 2010 9:49pm
haaris

Thanks for the words of wisdom and consolation.

Thankfully, dealer will be re-examining the sensor issue. The steering issue has been rectified by a simple fluid change. Although wasn't required a fresh addition obviously helped. I will change the steering rack transducer as well.

Ordered full set of discs and pads from Britparts. Mintex pads and Britpart discs (any experience) - some people were cautioning against non-oem parts.

If anyone knows of where I can get a hold of the A Frame brackets I would appreciate it.

Thanks again, loving the drive. Can't help washing and shining it!!!

Haaris

Post #18628 21st May 2010 8:29pm
daveo

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

5 beeps, sounds like the hidden tracker attacks again, does the 5 beep sound as you move off ,,,,
daveo V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.
1976 Harley Davidson Iron Head Sportster

Post #18632 21st May 2010 10:52pm
haaris

Hi Daveo

I saw earlier posts about the beeps and tracker, but a local installer said he could not find a tracker in normal places where it would be installed. Next step could be to strip the interior Sad

However, sometimes there are 3 beep, 5m beeps or 7 beeps, when moving, reversing or even stationary!

The main dealer will check this out as I had paid them to replace the sensors (and check to ensure all were working correctly).

I will give navtrack a call as well on Monday.

Haaris

Post #18633 21st May 2010 10:57pm
daveo

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

hi check the interior for a small black frob, credit card size, like you would use to open electric gates, glove box,side of the seat cet... you will find it as the 3 beeps means the system has located it in the car and the 5 beeps means it has not.. V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.
1976 Harley Davidson Iron Head Sportster

Post #18646 22nd May 2010 6:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1