Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Another new member saying hi!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
mercuryf1

Malaysia 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Loire Blue
Another new member saying hi!

Just joined this forum yesterday after thinking perhaps a FFRR would be a better choice for me then the RRS...

re: Vogue 4.2 S/C...Could someone tell me what are the differences between the '04, '05 & '06 model please.

What are the desirable options to look out for in a 2005 4.2 S/C or do the cars come pretty much loaded with all the toys?

Thanks in advance!

Thumbs Up

Post #2318 14th Jan 2009 5:18pm
Soupdragon

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Stornoway Grey

No idea about S/C differences (I've got an older 4.4 model) but welcome aboard anyway! Rules are made for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.

Post #2321 14th Jan 2009 8:06pm
Full fat not diet

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

Welcome and look forward to your posts Thumbs Up

Re Differences i will start with a few and others can add any others that come to mind

05 / 54 Cars had different Sat Nav ( Touch Screen ) Different Side Mirrors ( Stopped using the X5s after ownership change)

06 Model Cars had a front end facelift with different front bumper front lights & indicators, Front Grille & Side Vents (3 vents instead of 2 or Meshed on S/c ), different rear lights ( Red & White or all white on S/C) & different Wheel stlye options. Some colour changes eg Zermatt Silver rather than Zambezi Silver etc.. Different Seats Also the 4.2 S/c engine (although available 2005 Reg) I think also the Venture cam was introduced & the FBH remote?

2007 Saw the new TDV8 introduced and dash changes etc

Hope that helps

I know there are more but this is what instantly springs to mind Thumbs Up

Post #2323 14th Jan 2009 8:43pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Hi welcome to the forum , always good to see new members

Basically the changes are just cosmetic , new bumper , front and rear lights , side vents , front grille , wing mirrors ,

Not a great deal of a difference

The 06 S/C Vogue SE which i have comes with just about everything apart from a driver ( you get him with the Autobiography Version Rolling with laughter ) and go's like s**t off a shovel .

Forum member Ken has the Autobiography Mdl so he might fill you in on that one (also go's like s**t off a shovel)

Either go onto

www.landrover.co.uk OR www.landrover.com and these two sites will list everything about them

Post #2324 14th Jan 2009 8:46pm
kin

England 2006 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver

Welcome, one thing is sure, that you've made a right decision picking FFRR over RRS Whistle Far classier Thumbs Up

Penang is beautiful, visited the place about 3/4yrs ago, wanted to buy a property there Cool

Anyway back on topic....I think the most important option would be ventilated seats, but I guess the malay spec SC may come as standard anyway Thumbs Up

Post #2325 14th Jan 2009 9:06pm
speedymarktd6

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

welcome Thumbs Up , and eigher vogue , vogue se and autobiograthy you wont be disopointed with any just buy the best / newest you can afford Thumbs Up onto no6 Range Rover

Everyone needs a hobby

Post #2327 14th Jan 2009 11:00pm
mercuryf1

kin wrote:
Welcome, one thing is sure, that you've made a right decision picking FFRR over RRS Whistle Far classier Thumbs Up

Penang is beautiful, visited the place about 3/4yrs ago, wanted to buy a property there Cool

Anyway back on topic....I think the most important option would be ventilated seats, but I guess the malay spec SC may come as standard anyway Thumbs Up

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Probably one of the few gripes I have with the FFRR is: compared to the RRS, FFRR is massive. The roads here in Penang are not wide, as Kin knows. Smile But I do love the interior of the Vogue though!!

Also being young and no family, RRS size may be more suited to me. Why didn't L.R make a model with exterior of the RRS, interior and ride quality of Vogue? Laughing

I will be buying a used car from the U.K and export it home. Are perforated seats different from ventilated seats? was it an option in '05/'06 cars?

I have been looking at the used market (2005/2006) for both the FFRR & RRS and noticed the following:
1) used FFRR prices seem to have dropped lower compared to RRS of the same age (altho FFRR cost MORE new!).
2) It is possible to find FFRR at very low miles (20k & below) but not for the RRS!

Confused

Post #2331 15th Jan 2009 8:00am
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Welcome MercuryF1,

I've been to Penang a few times, mainly in Batu Ferringhi, I love the island but the beach up there is a shocker now, strewn with rubbish, empty petrol and oil cans from the jet ski hawkers, such a shame, it used to be idyllic.

If you go for a 4.2SC it has the full Vogue SE spec, there isn't anything you could want for, such a lovely car.

They came with the perforated leather seats but I'm not sure which MY they then became air cooled seats.

Mick, has yours got air cooled seats? Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #2336 15th Jan 2009 1:17pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Quote:
Mick, has yours got air cooled seats?

Only when i put the windows down Rolling with laughter think they put the ventilated seats in on the late 06/early 07 mdls.

Post #2338 15th Jan 2009 1:36pm
kin

MICK wrote:
Quote:
Mick, has yours got air cooled seats?

Only when i put the windows down Rolling with laughter think they put the ventilated seats in on the late 06/early 07 mdls.
I got those seats in my FFRR Wink Tried the cool seat briefly, just waves of chilled air coming out, it was brilliant Thumbs Up Can't wait for our all-too-brief summer to arrive Wink

Mecuryf1, if you're bringing your own car into the country, is there a hefty tax/duty to pay?

Post #2339 15th Jan 2009 2:13pm
mercuryf1

kin wrote:

Mecuryf1, if you're bringing your own car into the country, is there a hefty tax/duty to pay?

A new Vogue S/C retails here for approx 230k GBP. For the import of used cars, the gvt allows for depreciation. The oldest car we are allowed to import is 5 years old. A 5 year old car will probably be taxed 100%.

On top of that, we are required to pay for an import permit. This costs an extra 10k GBP. Big Cry

That is why i am looking for a 2005 car. To get near maximum tax relief.

Kin, which year is your car? I would really like this option but I guess a 2005/6 car will not have it? Confused

Post #2341 15th Jan 2009 2:26pm
kin

mercuryf1 wrote:
kin wrote:

A new Vogue S/C retails here for approx 230k GBP. For the import of used cars, the gvt allows for depreciation. The oldest car we are allowed to import is 5 years old. A 5 year old car will probably be taxed 100%.

On top of that, we are required to pay for an import permit. This costs an extra 10k GBP. Big Cry

That is why i am looking for a 2005 car. To get near maximum tax relief.

Kin, which year is your car? I would really like this option but I guess a 2005/6 car will not have it? Confused
I thought it would be extortionate Shocked Even those little Protons cost an earth, you really need to be quite wealthy to run a car in Malaysia. Shame, because everything else is dirt cheap Thumbs Up

My car was first registered in Dec 06. It was an option on my Vogue, but I (THINK) it was standard on Autobiograghy.

Post #2342 15th Jan 2009 2:58pm
mercuryf1

kin wrote:

My car was first registered in Dec 06. It was an option on my Vogue, but I (THINK) it was standard on Autobiograghy.

I guess my rear end comfort will need to be put on ice (pardon the pun) as I will need to pay at least an extra 15k GBP in import tax for a '06/'07 car. Big Cry

Protons are a load of s Censored and the malaysian gvt is making us pay the price for it!

Post #2343 15th Jan 2009 3:08pm
kin

The cooled seats is a nice feature, but not worth paying an extra £15k for Shocked I'm sure air-con would suffice Thumbs Up

Post #2345 15th Jan 2009 3:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1