Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > If you think now is the time to change car....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black
If you think now is the time to change car....

You might be right.

A friend of mine knows a chap who wanted a Discovery 3 HSE but couldn't afford a really nice one. Walked into his local dealer, saw one he liked out of his price range at £30k. Asked them how much they'd take for cash. They said £28K.

he offered them £22K. Half an hour later, they said yes.

Bargain.

Dealers have got cars coming out of their ears, try a silly offer, the worst that can happen is they say no! Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #2087 4th Jan 2009 6:23pm
kin

England 2006 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver

Oh dear, hate to think how much I've lost already Big Cry

I recently saw a 08 plated TDV8 Vogue with only 5000miles for £39k Shocked

Post #2090 4th Jan 2009 6:39pm
ken

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Dont worry about it unless you are selling

Its the cost to change that matters not what it cost or what you get px as long as the middle bit is ok then thats ok Thumbs Up

Post #2093 4th Jan 2009 7:07pm
HarinderSingh

England 

New here so a hello to all

I'll probably commit to a FFRR TDV8 later this week after much debate between this and the supercharged. What I am seeing more through trade contacts is that the independents may increase asking prices due to supply and demand. As they primarily look to buy the used ones from the large leasing companies, a lot that have come over the last few months or so are harder to get hold of. Personally, I can't see how the car will get more expensive given its a depreciating asset

Main dealerships don't have this issue. With them it's more a case of stock, age and cost of them being "overage". I've tried my luck with a few... no joy yet though. I think trade price of 06/56 TDV8 is about 30-32k with around the same figure in miles done. When I told a certain dealer this he went quiet, refused to drop off more than 1500 off his car and wanted to know how I knew trade values.

I just that answer would cost him 4k off his car that he hadn't sold through all of December Smile

Post #2094 4th Jan 2009 10:14pm
HarinderSingh

England 

I succumbed. Now proud owner of 06 Supercharged in Java Black and cream/suede interior Very Happy

Post #2257 12th Jan 2009 12:07am
Full fat not diet

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

Great news Thumbs Up

Any pics?

Post #2259 12th Jan 2009 1:06am
kin

Sorry for the late congrats, and welcome, now pics please Whistle

Post #2289 13th Jan 2009 7:03pm
HarinderSingh

England 

hi

apologies for delays

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81952794@N00/with/3207667939/

only things changed are colour coded door handles and the wing mirrors (all now match main body in java black)

Post #2425 19th Jan 2009 3:12am
Full fat not diet

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

Looks very nice Thumbs Up

Post #2426 19th Jan 2009 3:23am
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Nice seats! Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #2435 19th Jan 2009 1:20pm
kin

HarinderSingh wrote:
I succumbed. Now proud owner of 06 Supercharged in Java Black and cream/suede interior Very Happy
Looks really nice Thumbs Up Do tell us your driving impressions compares to your previous cars?

Does your supercharged has ventilated seats?

Post #2442 19th Jan 2009 7:29pm
nbunney

United Kingdom 

Where did you buy the colour coded door handles and the wing mirrors from?

Post #2450 19th Jan 2009 8:13pm
HarinderSingh

England 

Thanks to all for compliments. The seats are something that have really taken me by surprise. Never seen suede as an option before (mainly leather) but this is really nice.

@Kin - rainy city must mean MCR. I spent 4 years there at the main Uni back in 97-01 Very Happy
@nbunney - http://www.powerfuluk.com/

Other drives. Ok... they have been a fair few and it's something I had in the back of my mind to write up here as I'm sure others either will face the same dilemma when looking at a 4x4.

First drive (I passed early but started late i.e. first car at 26!)- 1999 Merc S500
Now she was a beauty but high mileage and high pains. Great car to shift in and just as great in bills so off she went

no.2 - Audi 1.9 TDI Sport 2004/04

My attempt at sensibility. It lasted exactly 1 year and it was economical, gutsy and pants after 70mph!

no.3 Merc S55 AMG 2002/02

possibly the best saloon I have ever driven. It was also the last! Blistering speed, absolute cruising comfort and hilariously a regular 24-27mpg! I should add I have taken the advanced driving courses as my employer at the time had a big thing about safety and paid for it which has aided mpg.

no.4 Porsche Cayenne Turbo 2003/53

Now this is a phenomenal piece of engineering prowess and architechtural disaster rolled into one. Ignoring the back its passable. It handles amazingly well, it drinks petrol just as well and it will remain a love it or hate it vehicle

no.5 BMW x5 4.6iS 2003/53.

Purely bought due it being cheap for what it was and the fact that it came fully loaded as I bought it just as I was moving home so economics. Easy drive, great handling and fast enough to put a smile on your face. Never in the same handling or speed league as the Turbo but then not much is.

no.6 Range Rover Supercharged 2006/06.

Firstly it's the one before the air-cooled seats and updated insides came out. The seats are more comfortable and for the first time it's a car I sat in without needing to reach for the lumbar support. For all those looking for a reason to either go for the RRS or others mentioned - DON'T! The Range Rover is more comfortable, more smooth and has a sense of occassion that none of my previous cars have ever got close to. It's got enough poke to pull you away with grace and presents with a manner befitting any time of the day. It's not compromised respective to relaxation like the Porsche/BMW is nor is it as "mid-life" crisis as the RRS (I do concede though that it's not the majority who have one when buying one - just those who live near me!)

The car has more as standard than the others. Its not an AMG and to be fair it doesn't need to be. It just wants to be understated, quietly sitting there knowing rather than showing. It's what all the 4x4's need to be and I think we all have something we found in this car. It is though, special. We know its not going to be a smooth ride re: niggly issues but then all the other cars I've had have had theirs too.

If you want straight line speed and comfort but not a 4x4 - AMG S Class
The above in a 4x4 minus tolerable looks/comfort - Cayenne Turbo

If all you want is a refined vehicle which gives you a little of everything and then something more - Range Rover.

Post #2454 20th Jan 2009 12:52am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1