Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [For Sale] FOR SALE - Vehicle Tracking devices - £83.20 each
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
SKOT

England 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Bonatti Grey
[For Sale] FOR SALE - Vehicle Tracking devices - £83.20 each

First come, first served!

Hi All,

I bought these used for £70 each thinking I would make use of them, I have a device fitted to each of the home fleet but I just don’t see me using the others. I am not looking to profit on this, I would just like to help others, see them go to a good home and generate a contribution for FFRR. My proposal to Stan is to sell them at £83.20 each based on:-

£70 tracking black box + antenna + wiring loom + 1 month stolen vehicle tracking subscription
£3.20 postage to UK (I will re-use existing packaging, so postage only)
£10 contribution to FFRR
Total = £83.20

FAQS

How did you acquire them?
I am a private individual, not a business. These devices are mainstream vehicle trackers as used /approved by Jaguar Land Rover, BMW etc. for stolen vehicle and fleet / asset tracking; these particular units were used in a “black box young driver insurance scheme” – They have been removed because the customers’ cancelled their insurance policy within the cooling off period.

Are they new or used?
Used. So please bear in mind that the black box, antenna and loom may have the odd mark or scratch from where it’s previously been installed but this shouldn’t be a problem as the whole idea is that it’s a covert installation and hidden from view. The firmware is easily updated over the air so the "services" provided are the same as you would get from a new box purchased today.

Are from a reputable tracking company?
Yes. A mainstream vehicle tracking provider supplying Jaguar Land Rover, BMW etc.

Are they tested?
Yes – I will fully test each one before sending them out.

How is the device commissioned to me and my vehicle?
Two options: Either you arrange for an installation fitter from the tracking company to come out and fit it for you, they will commission the device and assign it to you and your vehicle.
Or..................
If you are planning to fit the tracking device yourself I can commission it for you in advance so that when you receive the box everything is done and ready to go, it just needs installation. If you want me to commission the device for you I will need your vehicle details, registration number, name, address, e-mail address, mobile number(s), mother’s maiden name and date of birth before I can send the device to you.

Are there fitting instructions included?
Yes.

How big is the black box + antenna?
The size of a DVD case. The antenna is circular and resembles a hockey puck.

Is installation easy?
Yes, very. 3 x wires:- 12V Live, Ignition Feed and Ground / Earth
The antenna should be positioned so that it points towards the sky. Under plastic is OK but it must not be under anything metal.

Is the quality of installation important?
Yes. It’s vital. There are only 3 x wires but it’s very important to get them around the right way or the device will not work correctly, or flatten your battery!
Also bear in mind that the better a device is hidden, there is less chance of a thief finding it and ripping it out!

I don’t feel confident installing it myself. Can you help?
Yes, I can put you in touch with a national installation company who installs these devices day in day out. They will install it for you at your home or office address. Budget on £60 - £70 inc. VAT.

Does the black box include a stolen vehicle tracking subscription?
Yes – 30 days from the point of commissioning, so say 25 days by the time it’s posted to you.

What price is the stolen vehicle tracking subscription?
I can put you in touch with the tracking company and you can get a quote, they are very open to haggling to strike a deal though!

Is the device Thatcham approved?
Yes it is. But to meet the criteria you would need to attach a battery back up to the constant power lead (so that the device continues to function in the event of the vehicle’s battery being disconnected) – It also needs to be installed by a Thatcham approved installation engineer and a software update from the tracking company. The subscription also increases slightly. So not worth the bother in my opinion!

Does it have a motion sensor?
Yes. If the device detects motion without an ignition feed (this is why installation is important) then it will alert the 24/7 tracking control centre. Therefore you should let them know before the vehicle is recovered or is going on a ferry.

Will this fit in any vehicle?
Yes – Any car or truck with 12V / 24V.

Will my insurance company give me a discount?
Some do but it’s pretty unlikely if you install it yourself, think of it as an installation for your own peace of mind.

If my vehicle is stolen what do I do?
Inform the police, get a crime reference number and call the stolen vehicle tracking control centre (24/7) –
Contact details are in the instructions.

Does the tracking company guarantee that the vehicle can be tracked?
No. No tracking company will do that on the basis that so many things are out of their control.
Examples, vehicle stolen and burnt out, vehicle stolen and thief rips out the black box (which is why it’s a good idea to spend some time hiding it!), vehicle stolen and put in a metal container, vehicle stolen and tracking company not informed for a few days etc. etc.

What do these devices retail at?
It varies but typically between £399 and £500 + fitting.

Are there terms & conditions surrounding the subscription?
Yes – I can point you to these on the website of the tracking company, this is a mainstream tracking provider.

First come, first served, please order via PM.

How do I pay?
I will PM you my bank details.

When will you dispatch?
The next day.

Any more questions? PM me! Thumbs Up 2006 4.2 SC
2019 Renault Zoe Dynamique Nav

Last edited by SKOT on 11th Apr 2014 4:10pm. Edited 12 times in total

Post #248160 13th Mar 2014 9:34pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Skot, presumably you cannot track the system yourself via the web for instance?

Post #248167 13th Mar 2014 9:42pm
SKOT

Hi Craig,

Yes, the same device is used for fleet tracking purposes.

They do not have an accelerometer so you can't see hard braking, cornering and acceleration but you can see other things like ignition on / off, journey details, where the vehicle is, where the vehicle has been all from your PC or tablet. I think the tracking company subscription is around £20 / month for this service.

The tracking company do not advocate the fitment of these without the driver's knowledge but let's just say a friend of a friend fitted one to his wife's car and he noticed it parked outside his best mate's house ever such a lot. Needless to say, she is no longer his wife.......... Whistle 2006 4.2 SC

Post #248170 13th Mar 2014 9:51pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

I sorted that issue by only having ugly mates Laughing Laughing Laughing

Seriously though, i will have a think about their usage this weekend pal... Thumbs Up

Post #248203 14th Mar 2014 1:08am
SKOT

Hi Craig,

I called the tracking company today and yes, it's the same device as used by fleet managers' for asset tracking.

So in addition to the stolen vehicle tracking subscription, you also have the option of "fleet tracking" (as used by fleet managers' tracking their vans and trucks) which is viewable via PC, tablet or smartphone.

You can see the vehicle on a map, replay history, run reports on things like ignition on / events, set up geozones and get alerts when a vehicle enters or leaves an area. Lots of interesting applications. The fleet tracking sub is around £15 +VAT per month.

Cheers. Thumbs Up 2006 4.2 SC

Post #248340 14th Mar 2014 8:03pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

so with these thefts happening ,has any one taken advantage of this offer.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #251016 27th Mar 2014 6:57pm
michael calvert

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Java Black

If I wanted say 6 off them is the tracking per unit or per customer? Don't want to end up shelling out 120/month that'd all when some new free installed ones would have tracking online for asset management (ie staff time keeping) included

Post #251047 27th Mar 2014 10:39pm
SKOT

Still a couple of left, chaps for those of you wanting to keep an eye on your FF and a contribution to the forum Thumbs Up

PM for details. 2006 4.2 SC

Post #251781 31st Mar 2014 7:22pm
SKOT

Just a couple left now, Chaps. It took me 25 minutes to install mine this week, so if I can do it anyone can!

PM me if you want one (and an excuse to tinker with your FF over the Easter period!)

Thumbs Up 2006 4.2 SC

Post #253868 11th Apr 2014 4:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1