Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > L322 Vogue 03 - Audio from TV
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
thatgirl101

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Giverny Green
L322 Vogue 03 - Audio from TV

Hi all,

I have recently purchased an 03 L322 Vogue, which has TV screens in the rear and a Veba DVD player in the boot. It has obviously also had a PS2 installed at some point but the PS2 is missing.

I appreciate that the TVs won't work any more due to the digital switchover, but would quite like to be able to watch DVDs. I can get the picture to appear on the screen, but have no idea how to get the sound working (the car has two wireless headphones but I don't think they're original). Any idea how I can get the headphones working? There is no obvious button to switch the headphone channels over or anything.

And I assume the DVD player would have had a remote at some point? At the moment I'm just stuck on the DVD home screen and can't switch it over. Am planning on sourcing a second hand remote but woud be keen to hear any other suggestions people might have.

Thanks very much

Post #256026 25th Apr 2014 9:13am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

this after market RSE would have a remote to control the play,volume etc functions..i assume there are no manual buttons around the screen and no control from the FF screen.....
next step would be to try and get a remote.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #256029 25th Apr 2014 9:39am
Joe90

England 

Also, check the wiring from the DVD player to the cars radio and tv modules, just to make sure it is all plugged in for the sound. Unless whoever fitted it did some clever upgrades, you will only get mono out of it!

If you are lucky, there should be a button on the DVD player to allow playback, without using the remote (admittedly this is a pain in having to open the boot to get things going. If it isn't original equipment, might just be easier and quicker to get a new unit with remote ?

My carpc thread might help, as it sounds as if I had a similar setup to start off with. .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #256119 25th Apr 2014 4:22pm
Flashman

England 2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

I have a veba system in mine that came with a ps2 but no headphones. Even though the screens have IR sensors, I found that the system used wireless headphones working off a transmitter tucked away behind the front passenger footwell next to the door. After trying it out and not being too impressed with the sound and screen quality I am now converting it to wired headphones and ipads. Tom

Current Drive
2011 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography - Santorini Black - Ivory Leather

Previous Drives
2004 Model Vogue Td6 (Touchscreen) - Java Black - Parchment Leather
1994 RR Classic 3.9 V8 Soft dash - Niagara Grey - Grey Leather
1972 Series III SWB Safari - Green (Hand Painted) - Black Plastic

Post #256122 25th Apr 2014 4:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1