Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > LR corrosion warranty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Its a design problem as you say with the wheel arches.

Had a look at a few in hunters today, pretty much all of the cars they had from 10-12 plates had rear arches which were starting to go. Also bizzarely they had corrosion on the rear screen side trims(absent onthe 07-09) thin trims which fit over the side of the glass, in the same spot towards the bottom of the trims..... There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #258501 9th May 2014 9:50pm
MachineHead

Scotland 2009 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Mariana Black

My 09 has the rear screen side trims, which the dealer says are normally only under 3 year warranty but he will try get LR to replace them. mine are corroded top and bottom both sides. I pointed out it was hardly a great advert for a luxury premium motor to have rotten peeling trims, we shall see Laughing 09 TDV8 Westminster, Mariana Black, Rear seat entertainment, hatch bag and 2 slobbery mutts

Post #258589 10th May 2014 12:03pm
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

Am I right in thinking that 'later' L322/ those vehicles with 'later' manufactured tailgates are less likely to suffer with tailgate corrosion, hence when people with pre 2010MY cars get new tailgates (for whatever reason) people say "at least you won't have to worry about tailgate corrosion anymore"... so... if true...

Why didn't they [LR] manage to stop wheel arch corrosion on later cars?

Post #258592 10th May 2014 12:44pm
silversurfer

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Orkney Grey

northernmonkeyjones wrote:
Its a design problem as you say with the wheel arches.

Had a look at a few in hunters today, pretty much all of the cars they had from 10-12 plates had rear arches which were starting to go. Also bizzarely they had corrosion on the rear screen side trims(absent onthe 07-09) thin trims which fit over the side of the glass, in the same spot towards the bottom of the trims.....

When you say "rear screen side trims " are you referring to the tailgate. ? A photo would be helpful if possible.

Much appreciated. Thumbs Up

Post #258674 10th May 2014 11:45pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

on the rear window you have two thin rubber strips that run down each side of the glass, these normally corrode at the bottom and sometimes at the top... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO ΖŽκ“•βˆ€κ“•Oκ“€ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #258682 11th May 2014 8:31am
MachineHead

Yep and they are made of cheese Shocked well they may as well be for how long they remain intact Laughing 09 TDV8 Westminster, Mariana Black, Rear seat entertainment, hatch bag and 2 slobbery mutts

Post #258724 11th May 2014 11:38am
silversurfer

stan wrote:
on the rear window you have two thin rubber strips that run down each side of the glass, these normally corrode at the bottom and sometimes at the top...

Many thanks for that Thumbs Up . My tailgate is being replaced under warranty so that's another problem I don't have to worry about.

Excellent forum this.

Post #258736 11th May 2014 12:57pm
paul r

LR also refused to fix my rusty arches. They blamed it on 'stone chips' and said it was not due to a defect. It's a cheek as they don't put rubber strips on the rear arches, so in my eyes it is their fault. I sprayed the arches myself and put some strips on, from a disco I believe.

so if you haven't got the rubber strips on yours, put some on before your arches go rusty!

Post #258902 12th May 2014 8:52am
silversurfer

I had a quick shufty and lo and behold tell tale signs of the dreaded rust just beginning to show.

I'll see what Land Rover say Exclamation ,but based on other peoples experiences I have no doubt I'll end up doing it myself.

Still if you don't ask you don't get.

Post #259015 12th May 2014 5:40pm
MachineHead

Got a call today saying LR have approved my warranty work, they took photos of tailgate and window rubbers as part of my claim. They just said the requested warranty work has been approved no mention that they wouldn't cover the rear rubbers so here's hoping.

I would have thought if they only approved part they would have said so Shocked 09 TDV8 Westminster, Mariana Black, Rear seat entertainment, hatch bag and 2 slobbery mutts

Post #259102 13th May 2014 1:44am
Mark6r

Scotland 2018 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Montalcino Red

Got a reply back today which says
Please remove rear wheel arches from the claim as this is not a manufacturing defect from the evidence you have provided (MD body shop pictures) this is surface corrosion the root cause of which is paint damage the result of an outside influence there fore not covered.

Service manager spoke to land rover customer service looking for a good will gesture who said they could do nothing about it as the claim had already been seen by the warranty team.

Is the 6year anti corrosion warranty with landrover or a third party? Gone
67 Nissan navara
67 C220 AMG
12 Tdv6 Discovery 4 HSE
09 TDV8 Westminster
59 BMW 520d touring
56 RRS tdv6 hse
02 td 6 hse

Post #259617 15th May 2014 11:43pm
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

It's LR who manufacture the car and it's marketed as the LR warranty.

Sounds like they're trying to sidestep the 6 year corrosion aspect of the warranty where the arches are concerned, instead suggesting that if anything, it would be the 3 year paint surface warranty that would cover rear arch corrosion.

It would be interesting to find out how many L322 suffer with this because it seems to me it most definitely is a design fault.

Post #259629 16th May 2014 4:44am
MachineHead

Got a call today, your range rover can be collected tomorrow. Erm only landrover haven't agreed to do the window rubbers down the rear windscreen but they had to come off to do the work. We could try putting them back on but as the metal in them is blown it will not be easy and they may not hold. Do you want us to order new ones at £25 each?

Hmm let me think.... of course I do!

So in order to get my corrosion warranty work done, they had to remove another faulty part and won't pay to replace it. Not like I had a choice then? Not blaming the company doing the work it's hardly their fault.

One letter of disappointment to Landrover coming up? One we hear what you're saying, sympathise but will do sod all about it response expected Whistle 09 TDV8 Westminster, Mariana Black, Rear seat entertainment, hatch bag and 2 slobbery mutts

Post #262181 29th May 2014 8:35pm
Lolo

Ireland 2011 Range Rover HSE TDV8 Santorini Black

I just had mine replaced by the garage under their warranty but I was wondering as older models don't have these side trims are they necessary? I know people with older models can remove the lower windscreen trim to match the new models so was thinking maybe this would be the same?

The new ones that I got have a v slight gap at the ends so when water pools up here it's going to corrode and back to square one. I may fill in with silicone..has anyone who got these replaced already confirm they are still good condition?

Post #262202 29th May 2014 10:11pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

Craig (ctc) has taken his off..i dont really know what they are supposed to do tbh, unless it channels water some how.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO ΖŽκ“•βˆ€κ“•Oκ“€ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #262246 30th May 2014 8:07am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>