Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic > Any Property Lawyers or anyone with an opinion??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
A11EXU

Location: Bishopton (Near the Big Muddy Field at Langbank) , SCOTLAND

Scotland 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Adriatic Blue
Any Property Lawyers or anyone with an opinion??

Recently moved into a new build Persimmon Home and a feature for the missus was a South Facing "Fairly Flat Garden"
what we are left with is a pile of mud and a slope which you might need to select low box to negotiate. Evil or Very Mad

after various emails to Persimmon Head office (West Scotland) and cc to their MD - completely ignored. Shocked

my question is - as our FF's have quite a few large windows, can i legally put large posters saying how poor their customer service is and to invite people in to see our "fairly Flat Garden" Wink

bearing in mind they are still actively selling and still building in our Street and in the estate with loads of passing customers

Can i sit my FF outside the Sales Office/Showhome ??

No police involvement from their side as it is a civil matter??

can i have abig sign in my Bedroom window telling people they are a Shower of Lyimg Bast Censored irts ?? '54 Adriatic Blue Vogue

Post #262337 30th May 2014 6:29pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

You bought a house without seeing it first?

Post #262340 30th May 2014 6:35pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Nothing to stop you apart from the way you word it Thumbs Up ====================================

"Open Mike Night " sounded like a lot of fun until i found out i was going to an Autopsy

Post #262343 30th May 2014 6:46pm
paulmoran2

England 2013 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Mariana Black

@gaz..that's quite normal in new build...You can often get a better deal off plan.

@Allexu....you may have been asked to sign documentation and drawing prior to purchase and the drawing number / revision may be detailed. You need to check what you agreed to buy on paper, as anything said by sales is hearsay.

Having worked for a number of house building PLC's (Ex Barratts/ Perssimmon/ David Wilson/ Taylor Wimpey Site Manager / Head of Customer Services) I can say that the regional MDs are hard people to work against unless you can prove that they have done wrong and back it up in writing.

Parking the car up front will not work, as the land / Roads are not normally be adopted by the Local Authority until the end of the project, so they can simply move it at your expense fence it in with hoarding.

You can try to involve the NHBC as part of a process called "resolution" in most matters, but not sure if contractual issues are assisted for by the NHBC. Some say that they are useless, but having being on the receiving end, I can say that they do have teeth and builders do act, but your problem is one that cannot easily be rectified and land levels are complex and can effect drainage and planning heights, so unless the area can be levelled you may be looking at a buy back and that is very very hard to push for IMHO

Paul GONE 2010 Facelifted 3.6 TDV8 - Stornoway Grey + 22" Overfinch Olympus
HAVE 1999 Discovery 2 GS 4.0 V8 - Silver - Off Road Toy
GONE 2013 L405 4.4 SDV8 Vogue. Black with Silver roofline and 22" s
HAVE 2015 Jaguar XF.

Last edited by paulmoran2 on 30th May 2014 6:55pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #262346 30th May 2014 6:51pm
Flashman

England 2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

As a property agent and investor I can only advise on experience. Did you get the promise in writing about the fairly flat garden or was it just verbal with the sales person? If written then you could threaten them on the terms of the sale not being met. Your conveyancing lawyer would be able to advise on the exact process.

Eitherway I don't think they can do much if you politely complain through the use of signs in your windows.

Personally I would go and sit in their show room (on the busiest times) and talk loudly in front of all their potential clients complaining about the issue, they should then at least take it seriously in the hope of you leaving and not coming back. Levelling off a garden should be easy if they still have the construction equipment nearby. Tom

Current Drive
2011 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography - Santorini Black - Ivory Leather

Previous Drives
2004 Model Vogue Td6 (Touchscreen) - Java Black - Parchment Leather
1994 RR Classic 3.9 V8 Soft dash - Niagara Grey - Grey Leather
1972 Series III SWB Safari - Green (Hand Painted) - Black Plastic

Post #262349 30th May 2014 6:55pm
A11EXU

At time of taking keys - they were still building the house behind which still had scaffolding in our garden which we were told they would top up to correct level as per other properties adjacent - but surprise surprise came home and the fence was up and no soil.
when i put a laser spirit level on slabs at back of French doors it comes half way up the rear fence.
yes bought off plans where it shows a 1:10 from Front of property at drive to Rear of Garden but a major drop at the bottom of the garden - been told that we should have a fairly flat garden but the drop is 525mm in the last 1.5m but overall from front to back it is not far off 1:10 whereas next door is "fairly flat" and has a difference of a few mm from us - not happy about being blatantly ignored - i am going legal with NHBC and secretariat@consumercodeforhomebuilders.com as been advised by a friend in Trading standards, but really want to make a point with negative opinions whils they still have customers

have done the loud conversation in front of perspective buyers in sales office but have been told it is only Head Office that can sort it?

looking to see what i can get away with saying : as long as it is factual and non defamatory i think i can express my views on my own property? '54 Adriatic Blue Vogue

Post #262358 30th May 2014 7:37pm
Mark6r

Scotland 2018 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Montalcino Red

Ha a mate who had a problem with drainage in back garden on a new build was getting nowhere with site agent and head office, so took his dog for a walk in the site and let it get covered in mud.
Them took it into show house and let it run about all over the cream carpets, sales agent was not impressed so he said this is what my f***in house looks like.
Couple of days later team on site and fixed his drainage. Gone
67 Nissan navara
67 C220 AMG
12 Tdv6 Discovery 4 HSE
09 TDV8 Westminster
59 BMW 520d touring
56 RRS tdv6 hse
02 td 6 hse

Post #262388 31st May 2014 1:15am
paulmoran2

England 2013 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Mariana Black

With regard to your question about what can I get away with saying.....be careful. As I said, it all depends on what you agreed to buy in writing as per the drawings you had presented to you. If you say or publish anything negative and it turns out that's what you agreed to buy, that could be considered slander / libellous and that could go against your claim.

I assume you have approached the site manager to ask for his opinion on the sudden drop off at the bottom of the garden and the reasons for it?. there may be a completely legitimate engineering reason for it.

My advice is to take as far as you can free of charge with the NHBC as that's an arbitrary way of dealing with it, because as soon as you go legal the builder may bury you in technical information and as you have already said the drawings state 1:10 slope the only part you can argue over is the sudden drop off at the bottom end towards the fence line and whether this constitutes something that should reasonably have been brought to your attention.

I once had a customer whose property backed onto a farmers field and newly erected slurry pit. The customer went balmy until I showed him the drawing with the huge words " working farm" plastered along the boundary line at the back of his property and his signature next to it.....was that unreasonable of us (the builder) to not actually specify what a farm does?....we got away with that one, as we had reasonably brought the farm to his attention...it's all in the paperwork mate! GONE 2010 Facelifted 3.6 TDV8 - Stornoway Grey + 22" Overfinch Olympus
HAVE 1999 Discovery 2 GS 4.0 V8 - Silver - Off Road Toy
GONE 2013 L405 4.4 SDV8 Vogue. Black with Silver roofline and 22" s
HAVE 2015 Jaguar XF.

Post #262410 31st May 2014 8:24am
A11EXU

LARGE POSTERS IN WINDOW ON ROAD:

Unhappy Persimmon Home Buyer

Customer Care Doesn't Care

No Reply To emails

all factual - no defamatory comments

On FFRR Back Window:

PERSIMMON HOMES CUSTOMER SERVICE = NON EXISTENT

NO REPLIES TO EMAILS
NO PROBLEM RESOLUTION
6 MONTHS OF SNAGGING LATER

COME IN AND SEE OUR
“FAIRLY FLAT GARDEN”

Big sales push on today with open viewing of completed homes unsold and only access is right past my house Thumbs Up '54 Adriatic Blue Vogue

Post #262412 31st May 2014 8:48am
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

I routinely hear people who are unhappy with their new build houses, being mrics and running a small house building company, i always try and accommodate customer concerns asap, however topography is topography, changing it is expensive and may have planning implcations. Fortunately for me the vast majority of our homes are sold partially complete so the buyers can see what they are getting in terms of space and garden.

I think as you are not getting what you were promised then you have the right to complain, if it was described as a fairly flat garden in the blurb, then you may have recourse through the property misdescriptions act, which regulates how accurate the property marketing details have to be. Ie if they describe it as one thing and is something completely different then the selling agent becomes liable for the discrepancy, as they are sold by persimmon themselves the onus to describe he property
Correctly lies with them or their marketing department. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #262420 31st May 2014 9:38am
A11EXU

p.s this is not my garden - mine is muddier but not as flat Thumbs Up

Really wish i had the opportunity to let Diesel run riot in the Showhome Shocked

'54 Adriatic Blue Vogue

Post #262452 31st May 2014 12:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1