Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > No Voice Command feature
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
drivesafe

Australia 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey
No Voice Command feature

Hi again folks, I have never been able to get the Voice Command feature to work.

Does anybody else have this problem or had the problem and had it fixed? 2007 TDV8 Lux

Post #261879 28th May 2014 3:29pm
axle

Australia 2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Rimini Red

When you say work do you mean it's silent or just the usual comical interpretations of what you said ?
When you press the button do you get a beep?
Have you gone to the audio setting and turned the voice volume up ? 2008 MY Supercharged
Rimini Red / Jet
four zone climate
remote park heater
and no ugly kid windows.
magnus satis quod turpis satis

Post #262013 29th May 2014 2:55am
drivesafe

Hi Axle and I have tried everything the owner’s manual states to do.

24 hours after driving out of the showroom, I tried setting up the Voice Commands and got nowhere and ( wrongly ) assumed it was my mobile phone, so I went and bought a new one, to no avail.

On two separate occasions, at two different dealerships, I raised the issue and was told they were a problem and the feature doesn’t work properly in this particular model.

While at the time, I did not believed this, but after more 5 hours ( spread over many attempts ) of trying to get the feature to work, I only ever managed to get the phone to dial one of my numbers, and even then, it was not the number I asked for.

This was not only very frustrating, it’s down right dangerous.

My RR has quite a few functionality failures and has had them from new. I am trying to see how many can actually be fixed and whether it is actually possible to fix them. 2007 TDV8 Lux

Post #262014 29th May 2014 3:56am
axle

Do you have any of the other Linguatronic functions ie, CD disc and track selection or navigation functions ?
You can store numbers on your voice command manually by going to settings , voice settings and Add Voice Tag then punch in the number and then record the voice tag .
Linguacronic is famously bad and I find you need to relax speak quite gently and with no background noises 2008 MY Supercharged
Rimini Red / Jet
four zone climate
remote park heater
and no ugly kid windows.

Post #262019 29th May 2014 6:26am
drivesafe

Hi again axle and thank you for your time and input.

I do not have RR at the moment, it’s broken down again.

But I live in the hinterland, which is a bush area where there is very little background noise and the last time I tried to get the Voice Commands to work, I spent just on two hours, trying everything I could but, as posted above, I only managed to get the voice command to dial once and not the number I asked for.

It is ironic that you have mentioned the CD and Nav.

I have another thread running about the CD player not playing MP3s properly, but while the CD player would play most commercial CDs but some would not play at all and others would play, except if I turned of the ignition, then the next time I turned the ignition back on, the CD would be frozen at the point where it was and I would have to select another CD before the player would start again.

The Nav system worked for the first 3 months, but I had a problem where the TV was set to UK channels and every time I wanted to use the TV, I had to spend about 10 minutes reselecting from the UK settings, at the bottom of the list, to the Australian settings, at the top of the list and this could only be done in steps of 4 countries at a time.

During the first service, they permanently reset the TV channels to the Australian setting but the first time I tried to use my nav system, half the features were gone, and no matter how many times I raised this problem at each service thereafter, it was never fixed.

I eventually completely gave up on the CD player and carried around a large number of music DVDs which work faultlessly but only have about 20 to 40 tracks per DVD.

The radio also has a mind of it’s own. I can turn the ignition on go for a drive and all’s well then turn the ignition off while fuelling.

Turn the ignition on again and the radio sounds like the reception is at the very limit of the range from the radio station, all static, turn the ignition off and do some shopping, ignition back on and the radio is perfect again.

On a number of occasions, I would be driving along, and for no apparent reason the volume would slowly rise and no matter how many times I turn the volume down it would continue to rise.

Turn the radio off and on again while stil driving did not solve the problem.

The only way to fix the thing was to turn the ignition off for a few minutes and then it was fine.

On one of it’s volume rising events, I was not far from the dealers so I wheeled into their workshop to show them the problem, but forgot and turned the ignition off as the RR was in an open carpark.

No need to say, when I turn the ignition back on to show them, all work perfectly.

Are these common or known problems? 2007 TDV8 Lux

Post #262083 29th May 2014 11:39am
axle

Sound to me like all or some of you ECU's a getting some sort of spike and sulking that or the opposite and you have a terrible earth problem ,you have done well I would have torched it years ago . 2008 MY Supercharged
Rimini Red / Jet
four zone climate
remote park heater
and no ugly kid windows.

Post #262254 30th May 2014 8:57am
drivesafe

Hi axle and you have no idea how close I have come to doing that on a number of occasions.

Also, the entertainment/nav problems are just the tip of the iceberg, and thats an interesting suggestion about the potential of a bad earth.

From the time I drove this heap out of the showroom, my suspension has never operated properly.

I had a 2002 L322 and on many, MANY occasions I have both mentioned in threads and warned potential buyers that the 2002 RR had a far more comfortable ride than my 2007 RR ever did.

This is until late last year, when after some fantastic help from forum members here, I was able to fix the front twin air bag failure and while fixing that problem, I found a defective wire loom socket connected to the air compressor.

A couple of the folks on here described how I could find out if the solenoid valves on the compressor were working.

So I took the cover off the compressor and was deciding where I would tap into the wiring to test the different circuits.

I decided that, rather than tap into the wiring at each solenoid, it would be easier to make the connections at the main wire loom plug.

As I touched the plug, it fell out of the socket.

Great, I thought, this is probably the cause of my suspension faults, so I pushed the plug back into the socket and heard it click as it “LOCKED” in place.

I go and turn the ignition on and before the motor even starts, I hear a “POP” from the cargo area and turn the ignition off and go back to the compressor.

The plug had blown out of the socket.

I refit it, making sure I hear the plug “LOCK” into place and try the ignition switch again, and again, I hear the plug “POP” out.

Out of frustration, I used a cable tie to hold the plug and socket together.

I start the ignition and for the first time since this heap was manufactured, the suspension works properly.

While the cover was on, the plug just partially detaches, as the cover stops the plug from completely detaching from the socket.

So from the very first time they turned the ignition on, at the Land Rover production line, the plug partially disengaged and the suspension was a failure before my RR even left the factory.

So much for Land Rover quality assurance. They didn’t even test the suspension.

So your suggestion of a bad earth would be along the same lines of a faulty plug and socket.

I will be making a short video of the plug detaching when I have the heap back on the road. I’ll post the video up on YouTube. 2007 TDV8 Lux

Post #262439 31st May 2014 11:36am
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Us Scottish people have a few issues with voice recognition - https://www.google.co.uk/?gfe_rd=cr&ei...t+elevator

Whistle Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #262451 31st May 2014 12:03pm
axle

" eleven " Rolling with laughter 2008 MY Supercharged
Rimini Red / Jet
four zone climate
remote park heater
and no ugly kid windows.