Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Mileage clocking
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
garr10210

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Yes it does, always good to check again though. Not sure about engine no. though. I have no idea where to find that.

Post #256579 27th Apr 2014 8:22pm
garr10210

Dan provided me with all my information when id asked for a copy of a build sheet. Very helpful man. The service book has the first stamp from Duckworth. Then 3 more from alb service mot centre that apart from alb's first stamp the others coincide with the mot's. There was no invoices with the vehical when I purchased. .... wham. Penny dropped that should have been the sign. Big Cry
Now I just need to gather my evidence and figure out which direction to head

Post #256613 28th Apr 2014 3:40am
garr10210

22/12/2010: 35001 mot
27/12/2011: 47008 mot
14/12/2012: 53112 mot
22/10/2013: 59583 day I purchased. mot'd at garage I purchased the vehical

Last edited by garr10210 on 3rd May 2014 5:37pm. Edited 3 times in total

Post #256614 28th Apr 2014 4:23am
TugRR

United Kingdom 

My previous Td6 showed up as a "mileage discrepancy" when an HPI check was carried out when I was selling it.
The car had been serviced for all it's life with the supplying dealer, who had also arranged for the MOT's.
A simple typo on the service history was all that was required to throw a spanner in the works.
On both FF's I've owned the first thing I've obtained was a service history print out.
These records are held by the servicing dealer, not Land Rover.

Thumbs Up Where do you go after one of these . . . ?

Post #256633 28th Apr 2014 10:10am
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

Shocked

Last edited by pld118 on 4th May 2014 6:12am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #256666 28th Apr 2014 2:24pm
garr10210

1. I would say now not very reputable, it didn't look like the most glamorous forecourt.
2. Thats what I am tring to determine. I dont believe so but the know the guy that they were selling the car for and I believe he will know who done the destructive work to a very nice vehical.
3. For the mot's I only have the most recent one that shows the previous history and what I obtained online.

Were I am now....
I talked with local LR Frank Ogg. Apparently not uncommon. They went above and beyond. Spent over an hour with me at no charge in busy workshop. Verified LR service history looks normal. Checked ecu with diagnostic found that the ecu was displaying 0 miles and all fault codes had no miles logged against them. Service tech then entered drive mode operational miles and we believe the clocking was done around 79k miles. Very expensive to put right. The last time they seen this it tp weeks to complete pretty much changing out all the ecus and odo meter.

Talked with citizens advice. The logged an issue with trading standards. Trading standards contacted me and gave it to me straight.
1. As I had had the vehical 6 months I couldn't get a full refund.
2. Im able to obtain a partial refund but garage needs to agree to terms.
3. Claim compensation on the mileage difference Upto £3k any more and they refuse will require civil action with solicitor. More thsn likely costing as much as im trying to claim.
As much as the consumer has rights at the end all they mean f**k all... words on paper that will have you just go round in circles.
Trading standards have been helpful and drafted me a letter to send and help me get my reality check that I am now on a damage limitation exercise.

On the plus side the garage is now looking into the matter so hopefully we will know which direction we ard heading in soon if it doesn't turn ugly...

Post #256787 28th Apr 2014 11:00pm
garr10210

TugRR wrote:
My previous Td6 showed up as a "mileage discrepancy" when an HPI check was carried out when I was selling it.
The car had been serviced for all it's life with the supplying dealer, who had also arranged for the MOT's.
A simple typo on the service history was all that was required to throw a spanner in the works.
On both FF's I've owned the first thing I've obtained was a service history print out.
These records are held by the servicing dealer, not Land Rover.

Thumbs Up

Thanks for the info. How badly did the hpi report affect the valuation of Td6?
It was a land rover dealer I approached. ..

Post #256792 28th Apr 2014 11:08pm
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

Not nice for you garr.

You've been given a 'reality check' by Trading Standards et al and it's reasonable that they manage your expectations as to what the outcomes might be.

It's not accurate to say that consumer rights are worthless though. Whilst not suggesting it will definitely be straightforward or easy, you might need support to maximise your chances of success but you need support of 'glass half full' people as opposed to 'glass half empty' people and most definitely not defeatists who put scenarios like this in the "too hard to do" pile.

A. Who did you actually buy the car from/ what does your purchase invoice say (the garage or "the guy they were selling the car for")?

B. Who is the letter addressed to?

C. How long has the garage been trading & do they rely upon or care about their reputation?

D. Is the garage known to TS for previously reported incidents of improper conduct?

E. How many miles have you done since buying it with 59,583 miles displayed?

Your points 1& 2 - Putting the TS view to one side for the moment, did you raise concerns with the seller before 6 months had lapsed and have you actually asked the garage for a full refund?

Without knowing the content of your letter to the garage, I would not be pursuing them for anything less than a full refund as a starting point, if that's what you're preference is. Otherwise, aim low at the outset and things are guaranteed to fall short for you.

Take my approach in the well intentioned manner it is sent.

Thumbs Up

Post #256810 29th Apr 2014 7:10am
Full Fat Ray

Wales 2006 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Bonatti Grey

^+1

Best of luck, it can be possible to get a good outcome, stay positive Thumbs Up Thumbs Up 2006 (56 Reg) 4.4 V8 Vogue In Bonatti Grey (Gorgeous!!)

Post #256897 29th Apr 2014 6:35pm
TugRR

United Kingdom 

^^ Ref the mileage discrepancy mentioned above.
I don't know how much it would have affected the value as it sold it a year later - after the discrepancy had been rectified. Bear in mind though, I could prove it was a typo.
Are you sure this isn't the case with yours ?
Is there a POSSIBILITY the LR S/H relates to another vehicle - perhaps with a similar VRM ?
You must negate all these other possibilities before resigning yourself to what you believe may have happened -

Thumbs Up Where do you go after one of these . . . ?

Post #256909 29th Apr 2014 7:31pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Could it be that the car had a personal reg on it before and some of the info relates to a car that the reg may have been on or gone on to? There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #256932 29th Apr 2014 9:09pm
garr10210

A. The car was purchased from the the garage wit the garages invoice.
B. The manager of the garage.
C. 30 years I wouldn't say high quality establishment
D. TS didn't say and I hadn't asked
E. 5k since purchase.

Thanks for the great advice. Still in talks with the garage, they are looking into when it was done as apart from the first owner all the rest are known. Im sure no one is going to admit to it though.

The letter hasn't been sent yet to see if we can come to an agreement.

The rr has 100% been clocked... for what reason anb by how much I guess we will never know. The mot documents have been falsified as the do not match LR history, vin nos checked.

Dose anyone know if a clocker can unclock a vehical? Mainly not the actual displayed mileage but the frigs that are put into the system to stop the various ecu's, keys and faults recorded from displaying mileage

Post #257430 2nd May 2014 10:09pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Yes the milage can be rectified but, you would probably nee to give them the milage to re-enter... Have had this done twice in the past for customers who knowingly bought clocked cars through a police disposal auction...

These companies LEGALLY advertise as milage correction companies (they work under the guise of the customers word/instruction) Thumbs Up

Post #257436 2nd May 2014 11:44pm
Harris

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver

My case is still working through Courts, I am in the fortunate position of SWIMBO being a solicitor, so she knows how the system works.

Post #265566 15th Jun 2014 4:33pm
smartymarti

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Corris Grey

Just read this topic as been away for a while , if anyone has doubt when buying a rr or lr , have it checked out and ask for the gearbox readings which will match the all terrain module , it will have 5 modes each showing hours and mileages with mode 1 showing total hours and also,total mileage travelled , if it dosnt match then it's at one stage been tampered with.

Hope that helps

Post #268097 30th Jun 2014 8:08am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>