Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Mirrorcups: Which one should I get?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Mounty

Switzerland 
Mirrorcups: Which one should I get?

Always in bonattigrey:

1. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Black-MIRROR-COVERS-...58834366a9

or

2: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/half-chrome-door-MIR...27b08dda12

Top in bonattigrey. Daniel

Past:FFRR 2004 Vogue 4.4l bonnatigrey/sand/ burr walnut
Modifications: SC grill (not fixed) SC MY10 sidevents (not fixed), MY10 Letters front and back, clear sidelights , MY10 rear lights (not fixed), MY09 steering wheel trims, new MY09 sterringwheel 19'' seven spoke wheel (not fixed) 19'' MTS (not fixed), 20 '' wheels, doorhandelcovers brunel (not fixed), complete doorhandels (not fixed) burr walnutdoorsouround (not fixed)

Post #26973 1st Sep 2010 2:59pm
Mounty

Switzerland 

They just told me they don't do bonattigrey Crying or Very sad Daniel

Modifications: SC grill (not fixed) SC MY10 sidevents (not fixed), MY10 Letters front and back, clear sidelights , MY10 rear lights (not fixed), MY09 steering wheel trims, new MY09 sterringwheel 19'' seven spoke wheel (not fixed) 19'' MTS (not fixed), 20 '' wheels, doorhandelcovers brunel (not fixed), complete doorhandels (not fixed) burr walnutdoorsouround (not fixed)

Post #27123 2nd Sep 2010 8:02pm
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Can they supply you a set in primer only, then using the paint code for Bonatti Grey you can get a spray shop to paint them for you? 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #27125 2nd Sep 2010 8:05pm
daveo

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

hi, are these covers that cover the cover that is fitted to the mirror
daveo V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.
1976 Harley Davidson Iron Head Sportster

Post #27127 2nd Sep 2010 8:08pm
delamo

England 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Tonga Green

Mounty - Because of their size I would be tempted to spray the original covers myself. A genuine LR Bonatti Grey spray touch up kit would include a can of lacquer with it - you would just need to acquire a can of plastic primer and a fine grade wet/dry sanding sponge for preparation...

... maybe obtain some secondhand genuine covers from eBay, or a breakers yard if you are concerned about damaging your original covers and doubt your painting skills.

In a warm enviroment - gently spray the covers with a few coats of plastic primer (20mins between coats), then gently rub down with the fine sanding sponge and plenty of warm soapy water as preparation, then dry off thoroughly with absorbant paper/lint free cloth etc.

Spend a good 10 minutes shaking the paint can to mix the paint thoroughly then spray with your chosen colour, it will probably take 4-5 light coats of paint to get an even coverage (don't try to paint them in one session, the longer you allow between coats, the better really!)

Once you are satisfied with an even colour finish (approx 6-8 light coats) - apply a few coats of the spray lacquer (used in the same way) to complete the job.

Any imperfections you notice between coats of paint can be removed gently with the sanding sponge.

Providing you allow yourself plenty of time to apply the paint etc. you should end up with near perfect results.

This might all sound like a fair amount of messing around - but you can/will then take enormous pride in what you, yourself, have acheived and it will definately look a lot better than cheap plastic covers fitted.

(should cost less also)Thumbs Up

Be warned though - a good result will lead to you wanting to colour code everything else!

Just an idea! Whistle

Last edited by delamo on 2nd Sep 2010 10:17pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #27146 2nd Sep 2010 10:05pm
daveo

this was my thinking, a cover to cover a cover, you can spray your own ones, a littel preping and take your time they will come out as good as from the dealer.. V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.

Post #27149 2nd Sep 2010 10:17pm
delamo

England 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Tonga Green

Smile Great minds think alike daveo! Thumbs Up

Ive seen some of those door mirrors fitted to other plastic chrome encrusted Range Rovers and they look nasty! Rolling Eyes

Post #27153 2nd Sep 2010 10:20pm
daveo

you can then change your puddle lamps for led's...i love a led,
halfords can make up your colour £12 a tin, V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.

Post #27160 2nd Sep 2010 10:37pm
Mounty

Switzerland 

Thanks delamo for your very good advice. I think about. That with getting from a breaker one first is also a very goog advice.

Love to LED's: What do I get? Daniel

Post #27551 9th Sep 2010 8:57am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1